It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+164 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hello ATS,
This is the first of its kind that I’ve seen on the internet. What you ask? A scaling project that deals with some of the best reports of alleged “giant UFOs.” While not as common as regular UFOs (if there is such a thing), the cases I’ve chosen are well known and documented. I have scaled these giants next to known terrestrial objects, both natural and manmade. Some of these behemoth UFOs were estimated at one mile or more, while others the size of a football stadium. Given this range in size, you will find the different cases scaled vs something of like-stature (size). One more thing-- I didn’t initially have the intention of making a long thread, so the earlier attempts are not quite as cool. Without further ado let’s get the show on the road! They say a picture is worth a thousand words….

1986: JAL 1628 UFO
Many consider this to be one of the best cases of all time. This is actually what got the scaling project started. I was examining the drawings and found that the area he described as “pale white light” was about 1.5x as long as his 747. He also estimated the UFO to be as large as an aircraft carrier. I took the drawing I found online and scaled in a Supercarrier of approximately 1100 feet (335.3 m) in length.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c18288f448f.jpg[/atsimg]
To read more about this case:
ATS: Strange story of JAL 1628
naturalplane.blogspot
ufoevidence.org

1996: Yukon UFO “Mothership”
Since we were already in the Alaskan vicinity with the last case, let’s slide on over to the Yukon territory of Canada now and fast forward 10 years. An enormous UFO was witnessed by at least 30 different people. After looking at diagrams and listening to video, I decided on a length of 1 km (3281 ft). Just like JAL, I put in the old 747 and Supercarrier because no crappy giant UFO diagram would be complete without them. I also threw in the Vatican (St. Peter’s Basilica) and the Louisiana Superdome.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1aad63cf7b0.jpg[/atsimg]
ATS: Yukon UFO Mothership Incident
To read about a (possible) related incident:
2000 UFO encounter at Little Fox Lake

2010: Huge UFOs over Louisiana
This case is not so well known. But I included it for two reasons. First, the UFOs were huge so they fit the criteria for some fun with scaling. Second, the witness is a retired engineer and has held a pilot license since 1973. After reading his report, I settled in on 1/6 of a mile (260 m) for approximate length. Getting tired of the aircraft carriers and 747s, I scaled it next to a football field and the Transamerica Pyramid. Keep in mind this guy saw two of them!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e08de7f7c8d.jpg[/atsimg]
The report on UFO Casebook

1996: Pyramid UFO over Brazil
Haroldo Westendorf, a Brazilian pilot, spotted a huge pyramid shaped UFO near Pelotas. He ended up circling it three times in his Embraer EMB-712 (single engine priv plane), noting it had 8-10 sides. He estimated it to be 100 m (328 ft) wide at the base, and 70 m (229.6 ft) tall. It is scaled next to two very well known church landmarks: St . Paul’s Cathedral and the Trinity Church. FYI- St. Paul’s Cathedral was the tallest building in London from 1710-1962. The Trinity Church was the tallest building in Manhattan when it was completed in 1846.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c69e5203f62.jpg[/atsimg]
ATS: Brazil Pilot Circles Giant Mothership
ufoevidence.org

2009: Cigar UFO over Argentina
A blackout seemed to coincide with a large cigar-shaped UFO. Reports vary on the number of witnesses, but a lot of people saw a huge object in the sky. It was estimated at “no less” than 200-300 meters in length. Here it floats scaled next to the tallest building in Dallas Texas and a Boeing 747 (boring I know lol). Looking around google I quickly noticed that Salta is a hotspot for UFOs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3752f388c74c.jpg[/atsimg]
ATS: Argentina-Giant UFO causes Huge Commotion
Argentina-Giant UFO causes Huge Commotion in Salta

2007: Mile Long UFO spotted over English Channel
Capt. Ray Bowyer made big news with this one. At first he thought it was a 737 but soon realized it was MUCH farther away! He estimated this brilliant elongated oval shaped UFO to be a mile across. Here is an approximation with a 747, Supercarrier, and the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) tipped on its side. The tower stands 1730 feet (527 m) to the tip of the antenna and held the title of the world tallest bldg from 1973-1998, dominating the Chicago skyline.

ATS: Mile Wide UFO spotted by British Airline pilot
ATS: Mile Wide UFO spotted by Pilot
Fox News
Dailymail.co.uk
Youtube interview with Capt. Bowyer

2 for 1 Special! Huge Saucer and Black Triangle over Central Park
NYC’s Central Park comes under attack in this picture. The Orange-Brownish Saucer was witnessed by Capt. Jean-Charles Duboc in 1994 over Paris. The object was initially spotted by a steward who drew Duboc’s attention. As the object got closer they realized it was a giant spinning disc! The 300 meter (984 ft) saucer was said to have slowly became transparent and gradually disappeared right before their eyes. The captain firmly believes he saw an object from another world.
The second UFO in the picture is from the 2000 Illinois Black Triangle sighting which was witnessed by 6 different folks including police officers from multiple jurisdictions. This object was said to be 2-3 stories thick and the size of a football field. So I threw in a football field and a 747 to give you an idea of the size of the triangle. The back of the craft is the length of a football field, while the arrowhead measured length wise is longer. Keep in mind that Black Triangles are seen all over the world. Some are estimated at 600 feet across, so this craft in the picture is probably a conservative estimate. Many have speculated that the Black Triangles are a top secret US exotic called the TR-3B. I’m not convinced at all. FYI- Central Park is ½ mile wide. The reservoir seen in the picture has a jogging trail around it approx 1.6 miles.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e61b5b8c5b38.jpg[/atsimg]
For more on these cases:
ATS :Flight Air France 3532
ATS :Cometa Report Case
TR-3B nuclear powered flying triangle
UFO Over Southern Illinois
ufoevidence.org

Phoenix Lights… tried to save the best for last!
In 1997 thousands of citizens in Phoenix called in after witnessing strange lights in the sky. This incident would grab international attention and make it one of the most important UFO cases of all time. Size estimates vary-- I have heard everything from the V-Shaped craft being “A mile or two” or “The size of a football stadium” to “just plain HUGE.” After watching the Phoenix Lights Documentary , I decided to use their estimation of the V-Shape being a mile wide from tip to tip. The documentary diagram shows how tiny an airliner and football field look in comparison.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af9afce4e6ac.jpg[/atsimg]
This mile wide (estimate) is described by many whom the object flew directly over—and matches up closely with a commercial pilot who said he could have “landed his 727 on it.” Here is the same strange V-shaped UFO next to Mars’ smaller moon Deimos. Included is the current tallest building in the world which stands over ½ mile high, and two beautiful islands some of you may know.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cde65deba0a3.jpg[/atsimg]
I’m not going to post any links, Phoenix lights is well known! My co-worker (of 7 years) is a Phoenix transplant and a witness. I hope you enjoyed the fun with scaling like I did.

-SJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If I could give you 50 Flags for that thread, I would. Excellent job! Thank you for putting that all together. The way that you scaled it made me really able to visualize these famous sightings. SandF!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow, ScramJet! Well done! Pictures are always better than even the best description, especially when talking about sightings of ufo this large. Its easy to forget about the scale of these sightings when it's all words. Seeing your images really makes a good point as too just how super massive these ufo's really were.

My all time favorite will always be the Phoenix lights. I've watched those video's over and over and imagined what it must have looked like to see a ufo that size in person.

A big thumbs up
ScramJet. I salute you.
edit on 24-8-2011 by W3RLIED2 because: sp

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

i swear that is the object that my family and i saw in daylight on 28th april 2011 at12.15 to12.50
check my thread titled ufo over a55 chester to rhyl on 28th april 2011
OMG THANKS OP
now i know others have seen the same as us
you dont knowe what this means to us all
from the wares

ps
please could anyone add that cigar shaped ufo with windows seen over salta argentina 2009 to my original thread
i would appretiate it more than words could say
again thanks

edit on 24-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Looks like good responses so far. Thanks guys.

Some of the sizes surprised me as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Bump before bed time.

This thread is too good to get passed by.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Nice post Scram

The scales reported in some sightings bug the heck out of me. Waaaaaay too big to be believed and yet some come from pretty decent witnesses who might be better off staying quiet than bringing it up. No advantage in cash prizes or promotions! It's more a case of flat out laughter.

With the size of these things, we'd expect scores of witnesses to notice. People say that nobody looks up any more, but I think they would when the shadows of these apparent craft would bring darkness or blot out the stars. Likewise, the slipstream and turbulence created by some massive moving object should be there too.

I guess this where the holographic ideas came about. If we believe the witnesses, they describe a structured craft of stupendous sizes. Being rational, we know that they can't 'physically' be there due to air displacement, witnesses etc. A compromise is that the witnesses saw what they said they saw, but what they *think* they saw wasn't really there. In essence, they saw something illusory. Such a speculation doesn't help us out because we've swapped one problem for another and need to wonder where the technology comes from for this to happen? The Blue Beam nuts might think we can do this and we can't.

Another sci-fi speculation is that the objects are real and that size. In this scenario, maybe they can only be seen from one perspective and aren't really in the same space as us? Like walking past an open garage; you need to be in the right place to see what's parked up in there.

The more probable explanations are the ones that are usually offered, but it's nice to speculate around the edges too...despite it being frowned on by some.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Awesome thread man. Not heard about a couple of these sightings. The scale of these objects is just so incomprehensible to my tiny human brain!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
WOW!!!!! All these HUGE craft being "documented" and yet all we get in every case presented is a cheesy artistic rendition? It's a shame none of these sightings happened over populated areas in modern times where everyone and their great grandmother has a camera on them. I can't wait for the future where technology and intelligence will help shed a light on this subject......oh wait...I said that back in the early 80's. Oh well.....

One thing I do know, real or not, it doesn't make sense that they would be alien. Why? Well, because taking a craft that size presents unwarranted risks to any mission. There is no reason to take crafts of these sizes into any planets atmosphere. What would be the purpose? Surely not to observe...right? I mean, even us stupid humans can read a license plate from space, I'm betting they can do better than that if they can manage to get here. Even stupid humans can send down small probes to gather data, no need for a city sized "mother-ship" to put itself at risk to gather air samples or temperature data.....or diddle a hillbilly.

None of these sightings make any sense. The lack of real evidence says something to me. It's almost as if people just might see something unusual, but then their idiot imaginations get involved and they parrot all the crap they have ever heard about UFO's to give their story more "credit". You know...like all those people that claim these things "dart around in the sky and make serious 90 degree turns on a dime"......yet we never really see that in any of the evidence....odd that....almost as if a few reports like that spurned others to take their "sightings" and mold them to the "popular" view of ufos......kinda like the idiotic flap of "flying saucers" after that newspaper reporter called them that. If he would have called them flying tea cups how much you want to bet all those amazing stories would suddenly be about flying tea cups?

No different here....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Has it ever occurred to you that the size of the object maybe an artifact of distortion due to the propulsion method?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

fantastic job. The huge UFO's have been an interest to me for a while. Ever since I read about the possible ships in the rings of Saturn. ( Earth sized ships) And thinking about the possibility that not every race of people from other planets have to be the same size as us. We being arrogant humans think everything in the universe is relative to us, but most likely, it's not. Think of how insignificant we would be to a ship the size of our planet.

The JAL is one of my favorites. The pilot seemed to handle the situation extremely professionally given the circumstances. It's one of the most believable for me.

Again, great job, I hope the applause is often and frequent.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks man. You know one would think that even more people would be part of (witnessing) these events. I mean some of the vehicles are truly monsterous. To me, this leaves 2 possible conclusions. First, perhaps it just means that everyone who sees a UFO doesn't necessarily report it. Second, obviously they are using some stealth gear that defies explanation. In most experiences involving aliens people report that their hosts are often dodgy when it comes to questions like "where do you come from." However in a couple of instances they have seem to have dropped the hint "look where it's dark."

Now, considering that we can only see 4.5% of the universe and the rest is dark matter/energy, I think they have left us a pretty good clue. I believe our government in withholding information of a colossal magnititude... perhaps the universe is more "metaphysical" than we realize.

reply to post by network dude

Thanks bud

edit on 24-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Great job man. * & F for ya

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
the disc over NYC might be related to the book Budd Hopkins wrote about NYC abductions....was about the same time frame...
The title was Witnessed

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

let me guess, you're one of those people who thinks this is a bug, right?
edit on 24-8-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

It did look pretty buggish yeah.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

wow, dunno what to make of it...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nice take on the whole subject, and indirectly, an interesting look at our attitude towards anomalous - possibly mechanical (in our sense of the word) - flying objects.

It does seem almost ludicrous that these UFOs are real, nuts and bolts "ships". Taking the line that they are solid objects, their size, in comparison to our own level of technology, is impossible. But then again, how do we gauge the achievements of a species (or civilisation) we know nothing about?

Consider someone from the fourteenth century seeing an Airbus A380 in flight. Wouldn't that seem contrary to everything you knew about science and physics at the time?

And to speculate: What if they - the "pilots" of these behemoths - are actually colossal in stature? What if they are tiny, and these ships are actually their planets? Smart, sentient, spacefaring bacteria anyone?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Why can it not be a bug?

What is there about it that screams UFO?

Besides, its insignificant compared to the mothers listed above...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Anyone who considers that idiotic webcam video of a bug to be some alien piloted craft, or a physical UFO needs their head examined. Plain and simple.

I looked, and I couldn't find the police and insurance reports of the THOUSANDS of windows that would have been broken by such an aerial maneuver....odd. And let's forget the thousand other common sense reasons why this video isn't what your deepest desires and religious like belief system make it out to be....but lets just ignore everything and jump to the least likely conclusion.....wait...stop....look over there!!! It's an image of the virgin mary in that tree bark....lol. But if I turn my brain off, and put on my tin foil hat, sure I guess this could be a real honest to goodness UFO worthy of terrifying those evil skeptics.....lol.

Please, sir you are not only insulting us but you are embarrassing yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join