It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS D&D group

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Rapha,

Drizzt is a good character but he is too damn overrated. Regis is way cooler anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Drizzt is a good character but he is too damn overrated. Regis is way cooler anyway.

Regis, are you serious. That fat halfling would only be useful if he teamed up with Gutbusters of Mithral Hall and wore iron.

Then he could be a large heavy canon ball - literally blasted into oncoming orcs. lol
edit on 16-4-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Rapha!

If Bruenor were here he'd have your head clean off! Watch how you speak of ol' Rumblebelly!

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If Bruenor were here he'd have your head clean off! Watch how you speak of ol' Rumblebelly!

ok, i will cast a 15' Silence spell on myself and shut up.

Wouldn't it be great if one day real hard-core roleplayers could actually enter a Matrix version of Forgotten Realms ?

Imagine walking into any VR town and shouting 'Drizzt', only to get almost every wannabe drow male adventurer turning around and saying 'yeah, what'.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Rapha

That would be insane. I would not doubt it one bit if that actually happens. Although, what I think the game devs should do is make "legendary" characters like that completely unique.
edit on Cpm11Saturday0420162330Sat, 16 Apr 2016 23:04:23 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: again with the typos!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Although, what I think the game devs should do is make "legendary" characters like that completely unique.

Maybe construct them as NPC's only and allow players to 'Book' a session with the legendary NPC in their party, like 'booking' Regis if information must be extracted in a non-violent quest via getting Regis to use his Gem.

If that ever happened, i wonder what the Booking tallies would look like concerning all the legendary characters.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Man if we could find a way to do this I'd be all excited. Maybe tabletop simulator?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I still think the old Neverwinter nights engine would be the best way to go, or all of us jump in on the D&D Online campaign

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I still think the old Neverwinter nights engine would be the best way to go, or all of us jump in on the D&D Online campaign

Yes, but who actually uses that engine now even though it was easy to handle.

The other problem is the simplicity of it. There is no way of reconstructing the chute trap in the Module 'Ravenloft' where the party confronts a rust monster in a passage.

A courageous Paladin jumps into action only to fall down the chute into a 5ft square prison cell on the level below. Everything was going fine, until the rust monster decided to follow him down the chute as well.

No prizes for guessing the look on the paladins' face while he is slowly bending the cell bars and the rust monster drops on his head.

The rust monster probably thought, 'this cell is not big enough for the both of us. Let me create some space by eating your platemail and sword'.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I wish we could just do a play by post.

😆

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Bennyzilla

I wish we could just do a play by post.

😆

Google Earth could be used in conjunction with the Forgotten Realms map as shown below.

So the Google Earth KML file can be downloaded (3.5MB) and viewed in Google Earth.

I linked the map picture to the South Pole so that the map is surrounded by sea. It could be linked to the north pole where Ice Wind Dale will be at the North or South Pole.

Secondly, the KML file has all towns, mountain ranges, forests, regions etc so a webpage could be created allowing players to estimate how long they will take to get from town A to town B. One player might have to make a detour to a town for material items and can estimate if they can all rendezvous in time at Town B.

If anyone wants this KMZ file for free then ask and i will upload it.

If you zoom into the picture above you will see that the yellow line is 240 miles long according to Google Earth.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Rapha because: Measurement

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Quality info!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Quality info!

Thanks.

i know its cheesy to attach Forgotten Worlds to Google Earth, but i was curious to see if it could be done.

With all of the important fictional locations having real latitudes and longitudes in accordance with planet Earth, its possible to hopefully one day construct a game world where people can actually join and roleplay using Google Earth as the main engine on a website.

Here is another example of what could be done. Seeing that multiple freebees like 3D buildings have been added to Google Earth, there is nothing stopping a KML being copied and repositioned on Forgotten Realms as a fictional building.

Imagine a dwarven mine shaft being situated in the map somewhere and a 3D Google Earth object being used to view it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Addon to the above statement.

A basic Google Map online can be constructed allowing the user to click on certain places by name from a list and the map will automatically zoom to the area in question.

Basic Forgotten Realms webpage Google Map

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I've had a ton of fun playing AD&D (2nd ed!), Pathfinder and others on Roll20.net. They have a great system for displaying maps, dice rolling and characters, and it easily integrates with google hangouts for handling voice and video. You can also import your own art, maps as well as selecting from a library of free assets. You can find groups that meet regularly for just about any game. Best of all the free accounts are more than enough for casual players. Google+ has some great RPG communities as well, such as Google+ RPG Tabletop games

Great thread, didn't realize there were so many gamers here!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join