It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS D&D group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I hope there are no gelatinous cubes or beholders in here lol. That would be bad.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

J-Dub moves to cover the back of the spellcaster, behind and to the side of Elkhunter...keeping a view on him out of the corner of his eye, pre pares to back him up, but without disrupting his concentration...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If we did play a game on here somehow, I found this. It's a dice roller. Pretty cool. You can use modifiers and everything.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
NO Fireballs in here...!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jello shots anyone

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

with a rust rat chaser..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Before leaving ATS...

For those who asked about d & d..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

A sample..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
/rolls a natural 1 for a reaction-roll
"i want to play D&D too you pack of elven bastards"

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: W3RLIED2

The real problem with D&D is that it uses dice that all start at 1, so that no matter how advanced your character gets, you can fall while running over a stupid dice roll. On top of that, even a 20 sided die only has an average roll of 10.5, so unless you have a +6 modifier, you are going to fail hitting something with an AC of 16 the majority of the time. I've only sword fought for fun a few times, but I don't recall ever missing my target, and I'm a total novice. If seasoned warriors are constantly missing giants standing right in front of them, what kind of game is that?

On top of that, you have complicated rule conventions like bashing, jumping, falling, etc that can eat up hours of time unnecessarily. I honestly think minature based table-top RPGs could be a very exciting thing to do, just look at warhammer which is very massive and seemingly complicated, yet the gameplay moves forward relatively rapidly. I think people need to come together and build a new RPG system from scratch that either has lower difficulty levels to reflect the average dice rolls people are going to be having, or has bonus points added to the dice roll to lift it relatively easily above the difficulty level most of the time.

Remember morrowind, how annoying it was to miss your target a solid 80% of the time when you tried to have a spell caster wield a sword, and how Oblivion and later games remedied this? Remember how Skyrim got rid of the class system altogether and created a PC that could do a little bit of everything? How hard is it today to get five people together to do anything, let alone roll dice for 8 hours just to get through 30 minutes worth of content? What if we could devise a collaborative story telling system where players could either share the role of GM or switch off and the player characters were more versatile and fewer failed dice rolls occurred or maybe we eschew dice rolling entirely except for incredibly hard challenges and to calculate damage? And what if we took it out of the fantasy genre? This way non gamers could have a casual environment to enjoy gameplay that doesn't take them a month to learn and could put it away after an hour or two of play the way they might any other table-top game?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Man, I wish we could actually get something like this running. Though if it were me GMing i would roll with pathfinder of 13th Age, maybe even go with some Shadowrun 4 or 5e.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have nobody to play these games with, but am interested in the rpg world. Is it possible to buy the rulebooks and so on and appreciate them just by reading them if you have nobody to play with?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am open to starting a skype D&D session once a week for a block of 3 or 4 hours.

I'll DM. I've got 15+ years experience.

I play straight 3.5, no gimmicks, no Warlocks, brutally hard D&D.

If you don't loose a character every month, I'm not doing my job.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What time zone etc?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm in Atlantic Canada.

It's 12:45 PM ish here right now lol

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I would join but I can't Skype. Plus I don't play 3.5... Is there no way to do a pbp?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'd be interested. I'm just starting out and don't have skype; though.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'd play too, will be a break from SWTOR
*picks the thief's pocket when he's not paying attention*

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Me too!

Just got into SWTOR, but Id rather play D&D!

Been trying to drum up players over at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Using Roll20 hopefully?

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Everyone has to use original names.

Must not be Forgotten Realms Dark elven hero’s like 'Drizzt', 'Dr1zzt' or 'Drizzzzt' that seem to pop-up on every MMORPG these days.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join