The ATS D&D group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I still have the first D&D boxed set with the pamphlets, the crappy dice in a bag, etc., hehe... My wife and I have quite the collection from the beginning, through AD&D, to second, third, and now fourth editions, etc. We're big geeks, and have been playing off and on for years. Needless to say, we've got tons of painted and unpainted figures (from the old lead ones, to the new painted plastic ones). Once I get the final displays up, I'll have to take a pic of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wish I knew how to play

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
2nd edition ftw

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

www.d20srd.org...

Pretty much has most of what you'd want to know. (for 3rd edition)
It's missing some stuff that is not open d20 license, but has most of what you'd need to actually play.

Any number of online references could be found.

The basic idea of D&D or any other pen & paper RPG, is that you assume the role of a character that has special abilities. You then interact with other players (who are playing their own characters) in a setting designed by the DM (Dungeon Master).

Picture it as telling stories around the campfire, except that you each contribute to the story with what your characters do, and the DM is the main narrator. What you can and cannot do is governed by common sense, and the game mechanics.

Like World of Warcraft, but with much more emphasis on story, and achieving goals, quests, etc. In WoW, you'd go kill a dragon for a cool loot drop. In D&D, you'd go kill a dragon because it is terrorizing the countryside, and perhaps the local lord is throwing a lot of gold your way, or a title, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Download any D&D Players Manuel. Or buy one, 2nd edition and 3rd/3.5. 4th edition is is a joke. Wizards just needed money.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you're doing 3.5 I'd be down. I've been looking for a game recently since the people I normally play with can't commit on a time. I've also been looking to get into Exalted or one of White Wolf's other games if anyone plays.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know how well playing would work, but meetup.com will have D&D games in your area most likely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyfishbrains

I've done it online before and it works pretty well. There's actually a program you can use that makes it really easy, I just can't remember what it's called and I think I deleted it from my computer.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
maptool is popular

openrpg is another to consider

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Is it too late to apply?

I love 3.5 edition if there is a vote ^_^

Is it bad that I'm kinda excited? I've got a shoe box full of dice in my closet that are just aching to be set free >.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Tried to send you a PM but am apparently too new of a member
. If you start up, let me know, I'd love to play, although I haven't in over 15 years. If you've already started, let me know if you get an opening.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'd play if its 3.5e
I have every 3.5e book ever.

Also, there's Maptool which is essentially the best thing to ever happen to pen & paper D&D for online play.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am down for whatever...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maptool...I have to check this out..

The jewel in the RPTools crown, don't let the name fool you. MapTool is much more than just a mapping program. Included are not only powerful tools for the creation of detailed maps, but also a chat function, detailed token management (allowing you to track properties of the units placed on the map and display health and status information), and an initiative tracker. Functions not being used can be hidden out of sight. These features enable your computer screen to function as a virtual table top, filling the role of battlemats and dry-erase markers and providing for infinitely scrollable maps and the ability to use a large-screen TV or video projector. It is "game system agnostic", meaning that while MapTool has special support for some game systems (like hexes for GURPS or square templates for D&D 4E) there is no requirement for you to use these features.

Projecting this would be a great in-game tool...and free up some table space. We currently use a dry-erase board I carved a grid into. It does work well, but this would be pretty epic. Would involve a lot more prep though.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've been playing for about 20 years now. I currently play 2 games, one of which I run.

A Fallout D20 game and a 3.5 Starjammer campaign.

LOVE D&D.

I wish I had the time to join this group, it would be fun.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've tried to play like this online but some people like to abuse the trust system...
Good luck though.
If you, or whoever is DMing likes, I could help build storyline, encounters, subplots etc.
pm me, my imagination is very good for things like this haha

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=12145467]W3RLIED2[/
edit on 17/6/14 by Greywolf13A because: was trying to post photo..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm in. Let me know when and how. I have to warn you; though, I'm a newbie-as in never played.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: W3RLIED2

Are you kiddin"...my 10 siders were gettin' lonely..!

edit on 17/6/14 by Greywolf13A because: wrong pic..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If theres any room to jump in, i know its really late heheh but i love d&d got s couple of the 3.5 books, pm me if you guys are still playing.
edit on 18-6-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join