It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS D&D group

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
All right, I know there are some nerdy RPG gamers around the boards. Get yer butts in here!

I'm willing to run (DM) a campaign for ATS. We would meet weekly, or by weekly and play classic style D&D with dice and pencils. However we would be using a custom ATS Chat channel to meet and play.

If any one is interested send me a PM and I will start a roster. The first meeting will take place after we have enough people to form a moderate group. I can help with character creation sheets as needed.

Any one who thinks this sounds like fun just lemme know!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32b5f00f81de.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

LuLz

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'd rather play War Metal:Tyrant.

No dice or trust system required.
It's a sci-fi CCG with hundreds of cards, with single player campaign and MMO.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm in!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

All right, Homer! Your the first on the roster dude. After we have enough for a group we'll get together and do some character sheets!

I'm really excited about this.
... As though you guys couldn't tell.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is a cool idea. I haven't played D&D since I was a teenager though.

Wouldn't ventrilo or teamspeak be better for this?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Razmijix

Possibly, maybe even the dreaded Skype. It would have to be an honor system for the rolls and such...

Lets get a few people on board then we can see what the group thinks is best.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Paper and Pen was good when we were like 12 but it's a bit dated now.

Good luck though.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
we should use the neverwinter nights game engine to do this

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That would be phenomenal. I still have Neverwinter and the expansions. The online game play is pretty kick ass and no one would have to roll.... And Even as a DM I could run a character.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm in. It has been awhile so may need some reminders though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I love D&D, but I'm kind of a purist, and still play with friends around a table. We try and get together at least once or twice a month (as we're all married these days), and even a couple of the wives are into it (especially my wife, who's just as big a geek as me).

On a full night (which is the norm), I've actually got 6 players (other than me, the DM), and that's as big as I'd ever want to see it (we have two others that play occasionally, but not often enough to really count in the group), . Hopefully soon, one of the regulars, will be taking over the DM mantle again, so I can actually play as a player (and frustrate him to no end...as I'm a nightmare player...)

Some of the group (me included, and him) a few years back (well, more than a few)...even came in second in a large D&D tournament at DragonCon (and it was our first time ever playing in such a thing). We completely DESTROYED a competing party in just a couple of rounds..while only one person in our party (me) took 4hp of damage!

Good luck on the online gathering though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Right on! Thats 2 players and a DM on the roster.

Gazrok, I enjoy running games, but its always more fun to game as a regular member of the group. Thanks for the story. Sounds like you have a good group going!
edit on 25-8-2011 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'll join although I have never played before...not from lack of trying, just no one around here plays at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If anyone's in the L.A. area I'd love to join a gaming group. I'd rather meet up with peeps as I'm anti-social enough on my own tyvl.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You should specify which version you are playing, rules, etc. I'd recommend Version 3.5, simply because other than the XP Chart, you can find just about EVERYTHING for it by Googling on System Reference Document 3.5. That site has all the classes, races, spells, etc. from the main reference books....making it pretty easy for online play.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My D&D days are long gone. I still have my 1st Edition Handbook gathering much dust and spiderwebs somewhere around here though.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

3.5 is the version I prefer, however I have created a some what customized critical hit table based on percentages. I took the table from an older AD&D book I had that suggested percentage based critical hits. If the group ever gets going I would have to explain it again, but the simple version is if a player scores a critical hit, they must than roll a percentage (two D10) to see where their critical strike will land. For example: a 99 roll would cause me to say something like " Gazrok raises his mighty dwarvish axe high and brings it crashing down on the Orc King's cranium! The giant orc crumples to Gazrok's feet, axe still buried partially in his skull!"

Or something to that effect.

But being that most of the ATS RPGers seem a little rusty, basic 3.5 rules should suffice.

Any one still interested in playing, please PM me, and we'll organize a day to work on character sheets. Preferably a weekend sometime due to work.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I have to ask these things...
1.What is d&d?
2.How did you find a picture of my ex-husband?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For what its worth - I've not used it personally but there is a...

Skype Chat Dice Roller that might solve some of the trust issues. Not sure if it works outside of Skype but it might be worth a look..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join