It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else experiencing "the ringing"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If you have it you know.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
If you have it you know.

This link is for you...
wiki

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No but I AM watching The Ring...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives
[mor

Are you talking about the ringing in my ears? But i think im going deaf. So what is this ringing your talking about?
edit on 23-8-2011 by Campy61 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Campy61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Wrong answer. I am with other people and we are not all having the same issue at the same various times over the past 6 months due to tinnitus

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
No but I AM watching The Ring...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

I hope your watching the Japanese version.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
made by by alfa1

Not the same as that high pitched sound, alfa1; would describe it between a vibration and a tone if that makes any sense and it's outside your person but impossible to track down. How strange of you to mention it now, JL, but yes, I do have it but I have no idea what is it and it's starting to drive me a little batty now that I'm conscious of it. I don't think it's the first time I've heard it but now I'm more aware of it. I've turned off every electronic device thinking it could be eminating from it but to no avail. It's in the background but just enough to be grating. Any thoughts?

Timidgal

edit on 8/23/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
From the other posts I've seen you post today and last night, you need to log off and take a break. You're an awesome intelligent guy I'm sure, but you're now just coming off as plain paranoid and almost, dare I say trolling.. I'm pretty sure you have tinnitus if you hear constant ringing.

It's normal to hear ringing every now and then.

You also might just have hyper-sensitive hearing.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Yes, and it isn't tinnitus.
I've had it all my life. I've also had my ears tested for hearing - factory work, they used to test the workers every couple of years. I was told my hearing was so sensitive I could hear a fly crap

It's not really a "ringing" though, more of the same type of high pitch you hear when the TV gets turned on, and you can tell from the other room.

I only get it for probably less than 30 seconds when it happens, but no explanation. It's quite loud sometimes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I hear the same sound. I've heard it ever since I was little. Sometimes, if you listen to it while it's quiet, the pitch will change, and you can hear other tones in it.

I don't think it's tinnitus. Tinnitus is in the ears...if I had to point to where the sound is, I would have to point downward into the crown of my head.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I do now and no I do not have tinitus. It may be electronics will experiment outside. It seems to be internally originating though

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

If it isn't ringing (a high pitched sound) maybe it is the Hum-`
en.wikipedia.org...
homepages.tesco.net...

I have been feeling/hearing this for years. There are times it is stronger than others. It sometimes drives me nuts, sometimes it is so strong it makes my jaw tremble.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As someone with a congenital progressive hearing loss originating in the auditory section of the brain, I can say that yes, I have it and while it shares many characteristics of Tinnitus, it is not the same. For me, though, it is related to nerve damage caused by a defective body. I haven't quite figured out the "rumble/hum", though, since I can feel that more than I can hear it

edit on 8-23-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by timidgal

If it isn't ringing (a high pitched sound) maybe it is the Hum-`
en.wikipedia.org...
homepages.tesco.net...

I have been feeling/hearing this for years. There are times it is stronger than others. It sometimes drives me nuts, sometimes it is so strong it makes my jaw tremble.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine

Perfect description, Bluesma. Thanks and I'll read up on this some more!

Timidgal

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Every once in awhile, last time two days ago, I heard a ringing that was like a low hum, like what you hear in a movie before something bad happens (ex: alien abduction/demon possesion.) is that what you're talking about?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

edit on 24/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: the precious

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You are probably hearing a lot of loud noises throughout the day.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
One ring to rule them all...You maybe on to something...I'm glad I acknowledge it and then ignore it. Then it goes away. I do not try to hear it. It just all of a sudden starts ringing. Ever since I was little as well. The grown ups would say they don't hear anything if I asked if they hear it too. They would say go play it will go away. One ring to rule them all unless your a rebellious soul and continue to question what's going on.

new topics

top topics

join