It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple^H^H^H^H^HKerry Switch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Errol Morris, the documentary filmmaker who produced Apple Computer's well-known series of ads about discontented PC users who switched to Macs, had a similar idea on how to reach undecided voters. His new advertising campaign features Republicans who voted for President Bush in 2000 explaining why they now intend to vote for Sen. John Kerry.

From Wired News

So, will this work or will it backfire? The Apple Switch campaigns have been seen by some as a bit...elitist, and that's an image that's plagued the Democrats for years now. In addition, while the ads weren't comissioned by MoveOn, that group is paying for the airtime. MoveOn is one of the so-called "527 groups" that many in favor of campaign finance reform have railed against.

Personally, I've already made up my mind, but I'll be interested to see the spots. Luckily I live in a battleground state, so I've had a good amount of exposure to both candidates. They have the potential to contribue positively to the campaign by giving reasons other than "Mrrr, Bush/Kerry bad! Fire bad! T-shirts good!" The cynic in me says, though, that it'll just be the same stuff we've been hearing for a year now, rehashed.

new topics

join