It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

Lazyness, why work when you can get free money from people who do?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 24-8-2011 by consigliere because: doh

edit on 24-8-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How can you expect racism to die when the entire Democratic party including the president is perpetuating it?

I'm a black man with a black family and I've been going to TEA Parties for two years now, and I feel more comfortable there than I do with those who just want to use my skin color as their weapon.

My entire family has done well in "the big bad white world"... and that's because we always worked. And now, as I am slowly approaching retirement, I look back and I'm thankful for the many opportunities that I have been given.

It's like MLK said... "they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

THIS is what we need people to figure out.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere
Really?

The median wealth of white households is 20 times that of black households and 18 times that of Hispanic households, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of newly available government data from 2009.

Released: July 26, 2011

the typical black household had just $5,677 in wealth (assets minus debts) in 2009; the typical Hispanic household had $6,325 in wealth; and the typical white household had $113,149.

But there's no racism in America?

SOURCE

edit on 24-8-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

If the 'typical white household' has that much in assets then I don't know what I'm considered. Or my parents, friends, neighbors... anyone. I don't personally know any white person who has over 100K in assets at their home.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennibleLecter
How can you expect racism to die when the entire Democratic party including the president is perpetuating it?

I'm a black man with a black family and I've been going to TEA Parties for two years now, and I feel more comfortable there than I do with those who just want to use my skin color as their weapon.

My entire family has done well in "the big bad white world"... and that's because we always worked. And now, as I am slowly approaching retirement, I look back and I'm thankful for the many opportunities that I have been given.

It's like MLK said... "they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

THIS is what we need people to figure out.

Thats what I meant when I wrote this post. The elite WANT racism to stay a part of society. They can use it to their advantage. It's funny how the Democratic party is always there for the average person and the poor folks while the rich Republicans want to walk all over them, yet 7 out of the 10 richest people in congress is a democrat. Every politician lies. Both parties use racism to their advantage. They will keep it that way until the very end.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

the typical black household had just $5,677 in wealth (assets minus debts) in 2009; the typical Hispanic household had $6,325 in wealth; and the typical white household had $113,149.

Consigliere, please do not believe those bullcrap stats. It seems that these stats are purposely designed/manipulated in order to create a further divide between said races and it works too.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Consigliere, please do not believe those bullcrap stats. It seems that these stats are purposely designed/manipulated in order to create a further divide between said races and it works too.

I must be some sort of freak then because I'm even doing better than "whitey". LOL!

People need to wake up... but I'm actually getting tired of saying that.

But of course a whole lot of people HAVE woken up in the last couple of years.

The smarter ones will... the ones with common sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I think all the white billionaires and millionaires have inflated the average for white families incomes! Just saying.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA
reply to post by Athin

I think all the white billionaires and millionaires have inflated the average for white families incomes! Just saying.

Well all of them white millionaires and billionaires have sure been kind to me and my family.... because we don't believe anybody owes us anything.

We worked for what we've got, and didn't go looking for any handouts from anyone.

You should try it sometime. It's really very gratifying.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

I ain't getting no hand outs? Why so prejudiced? You don't know me, and I have no preconceptions of you! I was merely stating the fact, that if you add billionaires and millionaires to the equation of racial income averaging, the white population seems to make more then other races! Simple math

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

Furthermore, I wasn't talking to you, I WAS replying to Athins query! You seem to have anger issues of some sort! Maybe you should dip into your deep pockets and get some therapy, or counselling.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Racism is still prevalent because when we disagree or dislike other people's actions we use anything that is different about that person to justify our views.

Well that is my thoughts on it. No crazy conspiracy, just human nature. Anywho. Flame on everyone

edit on 29-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join