It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge to all religions: Produce a God,, Any God,, Just Make One Appear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by avatarded1

God does not jump through hoops to convince silly meatsticks.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Please do tell whats wrong? Perhaps you know somethign I do not?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is the second thread and one of the numerous posts you have made and they are all inflammatory topics designed to get a rise ot of people and contribute nothing to intelligent debate. To be honest, I don't know if their is a god, definitely don't believe in a christian, jewish, or muslim god.

My views aside, you are a troll.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Dear chancemsuky,

Please cut and past some more because I don't know what you are asking me. Physics is based on matter, matter causes attraction and this can be calculated as a formula. The amount of mass needed to attract other mass is greater than exists on a sub atomic level. That is the what quantum physics has discovered. If you do not know this than don't bring up scientific proofs because you don't understand or know where science is at and that is okay.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Oh my. I just stuck up for you in your other OP. Doh!

It won't happen again. I take it you don't believe you are a creation? Start there. No, don't start there. Work on your manners and read more. Then tackle the bigger questions.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatarded1
i could care less about sentences in some old book about bull#.............wheres the god??? show me...oh i forgot ,,you cant. Why cant the creator of everything just show up,,oh i forgot hes in another realm,,so then he couldnt have made things in this realm since he cant come here...but he can send his son here,,why?? why didnt his lazy ass come here ?,,oh i forgot because he doesnt exist and neither did his son...

LOL, someones desperate.

It's not called faith for nothing, and there would be no test if you saw GOD, so not only are you desperate but you've missed the entire point behind religion/faith describing life as a test.

Now let me try your line of thinking.

Turn an ape into a man, just one ape, wheres your ape? show me, oh I forgot you cant. Why cant you show us one ape turn into a man, oh I forgot that conveniently takes millions of years and we just happened to have never seen it happen and nor do we even have any ancient myths telling us an ape turned into a man, but either way evolution requires faith to believe in its entirety even if the scientists are too arrogant to admit it. Why has no-one ever observed an ape giving birth to anything other than an ape, oh I forgot because no ape has ever given birth to anything other than an ape. Anyway enjoy your faith in ape'eism(Oh I mean atheism).

edit on 23-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Wow, way to be a jerk about it. Dont bring it up unless Im an expert? Whatever, go ahead an be that way

edit on 23-8-2011 by chancemusky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

Wow, way to be a jerk about it. Dont bring it up unless Im an expert? Whatever, go ahead an be that way

edit on 23-8-2011 by chancemusky because: (no reason given)

Dear chancmusky,

Really, name calling and no effort whatsoever to prove your points. Wow. It is simple, read up on quantum physics and then discuss it. You don't have to have a phd, just read what is current. Use Hawking, I don;t care, he says that there is no need for there to be a God. At least read him and his answers and then talk. Don't ignore science and what quantum physics has discovered and proven is wrong. They may not know the answers; but, they know what is wrong and the fact is that physics cannot explain gravity or quantum entanglement. That is science.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

This is the dumbest thread ever...I mean REALLY...can you see an atom? Make it appear...can you see empty space??? make it appear...can you see darkness? make it appear...the fact of the matter is God has been here, and HAS shown himself if you will...just not in our life time...That is why FAITH is a word

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall

This is the dumbest thread ever...I mean REALLY...can you see an atom? Make it appear...can you see empty space??? make it appear...can you see darkness? make it appear...the fact of the matter is God has been here, and HAS shown himself if you will...just not in our life time...That is why FAITH is a word

Some of the replies are just as dumb.........atoms are demonstrable.........unless you live in a block of jello empty space is demonstrable.........darkness is the absence of light, wait until night time............

Originally posted by AQuestion

Jesus said that his generation asked for signs and that none would be given. He then performed miracles

wow.....as hard as it is to ignore that............without the miracles performed for the desert folk, would anyone have believed he was anything more than a wandering Jew?

Originally posted by SavedOne

I can't show you gravity either, so I guess that doesn't exist.

You can't? you can't take your coffee cup and hold it above your head and release it? gravity is demonstrable and verifiable.

Have you ever wonderd why ANYTHING AT ALL is here? I mean the fact that an atom exist is the plain and simple fact that GOD can.

Sure a god could exist, but so could the almighty Space Frog, lord of the intergalactic toadstool throne. Anecdotal evidence for a mere possibility is only going to be considered by the those that really really want to believe.

Originally posted by JesusLives

God does not jump through hoops to convince silly meatsticks.

Unless ofc you happened to be a meatstick that just happened to come across a particular wandering Jew.......

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Turn an ape into a man, just one ape, wheres your ape? show me, oh I forgot you cant. Why cant you show us one ape turn into a man, oh I forgot that conveniently takes millions of years and we just happened to have never seen it happen and nor do we even have any ancient myths telling us an ape turned into a man, but either way evolution requires faith to believe in its entirety even if the scientists are too arrogant to admit it. Why has no-one ever observed an ape giving birth to anything other than an ape, oh I forgot because no ape has ever given birth to anything other than an ape. Anyway enjoy your faith in ape'eism(Oh I mean atheism).

Well that right there is the most retarded post in this thread (and that's saying something)

You don't know a jot nor a tittle about evolution, so give up even discussing it, never mind attempting to apply your religious thinking to it. Read a book (other than THAT book).

edit on 24-8-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The OP is a classic example of compounding fear and anxiety arising from self-inflicted psychosis. There is a simple cure to this problem, but the cure can only come from a change in thought.

I deal with all types of students on a daily basis in a High School setting. Twenty years of learning the psychology of adolescence gives me a keen eye for fear driven rebellion. This type of psychological fear arises from missing needs. When needs are not met at a basic level, a person withdraws awareness to self. This results in self against the larger world outside of self. All self-inflicted symptoms of character can be overcome by simply understanding the source of the problem.

As I just stated, missing needs are at the center of all thoughts and choices that follow. If basic needs are not met by parents at an early age, these needs become the focus driving fearful behavior and poor character. If missing needs linger, hatred and rebellion arise and compound over time. This can lead to drug abuse and addictions to pleasure (stealing reward that is not earned). The original needs are replaced by self-gratification, resulting in a narrowing of consciousness and the previously mentioned drawing in of self. When awareness is only narrowly focused on self, a person sees the world as an enemy to be feared. Ultimately, the obvious authority to blame is God, since God controls the laws that govern suffering and reward.

Basic needs of belonging are at the center of the problem. All thoughts and actions arise from this seed of incorrect thought. In reality, the world is a good place to live if a person operates from the standpoint of love. Anyone who has needs met on a basic level will eventually see the world around them from a broadened perspective of expanded awareness. Once awareness expands to helping others instead of gratifying self, consciousness is healed.

The ultimate answer to your problems is this:

Meet the needs of others before your own self interests. By doing this, you are meeting the basic needs of another person in place of the needs that are missing in your own life. By meeting another person's needs, you meet your own needs twice. Healing comes form serving others in an attitude of love and humility. This is the ONLY cure for reengaging your life and healing the original weeds of fear in yourself. God can only be found by loving Him and others first. Your parents most likely did not do this for you and now you are following the same pattern. The pattern must be broken or you will do this to others each day you live your life. Instead of being a blessing to others, you become a curse.

If you refuse to love others before yourself, you will continue to be your own God. The first will be last and the last will be first. Put yourself last in life to become the first. Matt 20:16

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by chancemusky

Dear chancemsuky,

Please cut and past some more because I don't know what you are asking me. Physics is based on matter, matter causes attraction and this can be calculated as a formula. The amount of mass needed to attract other mass is greater than exists on a sub atomic level. That is the what quantum physics has discovered. If you do not know this than don't bring up scientific proofs because you don't understand or know where science is at and that is okay.

Only this presupposes a theory of everything, which still doesn't exist. Quantum physics hasn't superseded newtonian physics, and the efforts of one way or another 'quantum religions' are as untenable as the former 'intelligent design' concept.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

You wrote:

["LOL, someones desperate.

It's not called faith for nothing, and there would be no test if you saw GOD, so not only are you desperate but you've missed the entire point behind religion/faith describing life as a test."]

The pop-psychology is completely irrelevant, and the self-proclaimed value of 'testing' is just an assumption. Do you have any real arguments (I ofcourse accept 'faith' as being 'FAITH'. i.e. a subjective opinion without supporting facts). As it seems uncertain if you after all place yourself in a subjective or objective category, some clarification may be of interest.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Concerning your questions, which have to be reformulated slightly.

Yes, we can OBSERVE these things (apart from empty space, because space is not empty).

Quote: ["the fact of the matter is God has been here, and HAS shown himself if you will"]

He HAS shown himself...through 'faith'? But so have all other 'gods', so now having established the objective 'truth' of theism with subjective methodology, we only need to sort out WHICH of the 'gods' is the 'real' one. Maybe your faith-competence can help there also.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

i could care less about sentences in some old book about bull#.............wheres the god??? show me...oh i forgot ,,you cant. Why cant the creator of everything just show up,,oh i forgot hes in another realm,,so then he couldnt have made things in this realm since he cant come here...but he can send his son here,,why?? why didnt his lazy ass come here ?,,oh i forgot because he doesnt exist and neither did his son...
edit on 8/24/2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

We did have one. A living God. Incarnate. In the flesh. I wouldnt
believe it myself but I saw Him. When you looked into His eyes you
saw and felt Infinity and that He was not separate from you.

Alas He passed on 3 years ago.
Here are His words, if these dont convince you
then you will never be convinced.

The man of understanding is the God man you seek.

beezone.com...
quoted from The Knee of Listening:
"Epilogue: The Man of Understanding

The man of understanding is not entranced. He is not elsewhere. He is not having an experience. He is not passionless and inoffensive. He is awake. He is present. He knows no obstruction in the form of mind, identity, differentiation and desire. He uses mind, identity, differentiation and desire. He is passionate. His quality is an offense to those who are entranced, elsewhere, contained in the mechanics of experience, asleep, living as various forms of identity, separation and dependence. He is acceptable only to those who understand.

He may appear no different from any other man. How could he appear otherwise? There is nothing by which to appear except the qualities of life. He may appear to have learned nothing. He may seem to be addicted to every kind of foolishness and error. How could it be otherwise? Understanding is not a different communication than the ordinary. There is only the ordinary. There is no special and exclusive communication that is the truth. There is no exclusive state of truth. But there is the understanding of the ordinary.

Therefore, the man of understanding cannot be found. He cannot be followed. He can only be understood as the ordinary. He is not spiritual. He is not religious. He is not philosophical. He is not moral. He is not fastidious, lean and lawful. He always appears to be the opposite of what you are.

He always seems to sympathize with what you deny. Therefore, at times and over time he appears as every kind of persuasion. He is not consistent. He has no image. At times he denies. At times he asserts. At times he asserts what he has already denied. At times he denies what he has already asserted. He is not useful. His teaching is every kind of nonsense. His wisdom is vanished. Altogether, that is his wisdom.

At last he represents no truth at all. Therefore, his living coaxes everyone only to understand. His existence denies every truth, every path by which men depend on certain truths, certain experiences, certain simulations of freedom and enjoyment. He is a seducer, a madman, a hoax, a libertine, a fool, a moralist, a sayer of truths, a bearer of all experience, a righteous knave, a prince, a child, an old one, an ascetic, a god. He demonstrates the futility of all things. Therefore, he makes understanding the only possibility. And understanding makes no difference at all. Except it is reality, which was already the case.

Heartless one, Narcissus, friend, loved one, he weeps for you to understand. After all of this, why haven't you understood? The only thing you have not done is understanding.

You have seen everything, but you do not understand. Therefore, the man of understanding leaps for joy that you have already understood. He looks at the world and sees that every one and every thing has always understood. He sees that there is only understanding. Thus, the man of understanding is constantly happy with you. He is overwhelmed with happiness. He says to you: See how there is only this world of perfect enjoyment, where every one is happy, and every thing is blissful. His heart is always tearful with the endless happiness of the world.

He has grasped it, but no one is interested. He is of interest to no one. He is fascinating. He is unnoticed. Since no one understands, how could they notice him? Because there is only understanding, he is beloved, and no one comes to see him. Because there is only truth, he is likely to become famous. Since there is only joy, he will not be remembered. Because you have already understood, you find it necessary to touch his hand. Since you love so much and are not understood, you find it possible to touch his ears. He smiles at you. You notice it. Everything has already died. This is the other world."
edit on 24-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Wait.. "MAKE" God appear for you and your inspection?

As if God is some genie in a bottle. Good one.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Dear Prezbo369,

You said

wow.....as hard as it is to ignore that............without the miracles performed for the desert folk, would anyone have believed he was anything more than a wandering Jew?

Yes, they would have believed, in fact, they already listened to him. As a child he spoke in the synagogues. The sign is not miracles, it still isn't. Ask a Jew what sign would convince him that the Messiah was here. They did not get the sign they wanted; but, they knew he was of God. They knew that John the Baptist was of God and they killed him.
edit on 25-8-2011 by AQuestion because: left out a word

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Prezbo369

Dear Prezbo369,

You said

Yes, they would have believed, in fact, they already listened to him. As a child he spoke in the synagogues. The sign is not miracles, it still isn't. Ask a Jew what sign would convince him that the Messiah was here. They did not get the sign they wanted; but, they knew he was of God. They knew that John the Baptist was of God and they killed him.
edit on 25-8-2011 by AQuestion because: left out a word

And on such premises pastafarianism and napkinism are just as valid systems. They just 'know'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join