It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon anomaly? What is this thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I was looking at the moon today online through google but I was unable to get coordinates, so I took some pictures. Is this the shard or some other moon anomaly? You can navigate yourself based on the pictures.

Make sure you scroll the pics to the right to see what I'm talking about.

What is this thing casting a large shadow behind it?

This photo also looks curious to me.

edit on 23-8-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For a moment, I only saw a tall, obelisk-ish object too, but I believe it's just an optical illusion. If you look at the mountain ridges/sides to the right of it, you'll see the sun reflecting similarly. It's just a standalone mountain ridge.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
WOW!
It looks like the surface of the moon.
Thats amazing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I can't see the pictures

There are 3 dots but no link and no pics.

Am I the only one?

Peace out.

** After i posted i saw 2 comment, so i guess I'm the only one.. **
edit on 23-8-2011 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It looks so obviously out of place. Are you seeing the entire picture?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I remember reading of the Tower of lost emotion,in which it stated it was a tall glowing object,amazed this looks like that..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
looks like skeleton body, I'll post the picture in a minute. Have to take the dog for a walk.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

It's probably been covered already, but I thought I take a look at the moon on Google Moon...to try and spot these anomalies, and then I looked for Apollo 11 landing site.... Well, surprise surprise... it's covered by a grey photographic overlay... So let me guess - there's nothing there in truth!

If we can spot anomalies then why the hell can't they show us the debris and flag from Apollo 11????

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
you can totally see a head, spine and tailbone. Looks human though. Also looks like boots are next to him, beside him.

I used redfield plugin- fractilis sketch 2
edit on 24-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

It's probably been covered already, but I thought I take a look at the moon on Google Moon...to try and spot these anomalies, and then I looked for Apollo 11 landing site.... Well, surprise surprise... it's covered by a grey photographic overlay... So let me guess - there's nothing there in truth!

You guessed wrong.

Do you really believe that Google is the be-all and end-all of research?

If we can spot anomalies then why the hell can't they show us the debris and flag from Apollo 11????

Who is "they"? It's not NASA, or any other agency of any government. Nor is it any secret cabal of illuminated freemason alien brain-slug-controlled conspiritors sitting in a smoky room, wearing sunglasses to hide their beady, sunken eyes.

In this case, "they" are the guys at Google who haven't updated their database since before the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera (LROC) started imaging the Moon in high-resolution over two years ago.

If you want the cutting-edge stuff, go to the site of the LROC Science Operations Center, run by Arizona State University. These grad students and undergrads have archived more than 200,000 (and counting) images of the lunar surface at .5 meter per pixel resolution. The Apollo landing sites have been imaged repeatedly. I zoomed-in on this scanof the Sea of Tranquility and found this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cf5bc25facd.png[/atsimg]

This month, they lowered the LRO's orbital altitude from 50km to 20km to get even better resolution images of the landing sites!

Edited to add:

I almost forgot! LRO also has a wide-angle camera (WAC) for mapping large areas. Earlier this year, the LROC team assembled more than 15,000 WAC images to form six mosaics that show the entire moon at good resolution. I will repeat that: these are mosaics of many images some of them taken at different lighting angles (for some reason, the west-rear quadrant (from longitude 180 to 270) uses images with the sun coming from the right, whereas the other 3/4 of the globe has the sun coming from the left), so don't have a cow when you find stitch-lines where the pictures didn't quite line-up.

Here are the individual links:

WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 0° longitude and 0° latitude
WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 60° longitude and 0° latitude
WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 120° longitude and 0° latitude
WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 180° longitude and 0° latitude
WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 240° longitude and 0° latitude
WAC mosaic orthographic view centered at 300° longitude and 0° latitude

The last two show the areas in the OP. I greatly prefer these to what Google has to offer.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Saint Exupery because: I already told you. Weren't you paying attention?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Those images are much clearer as anyone can easily tell now that my OP contains nothing abnormal to a moon landscape.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

The whole Google Earth/Moon/Mars/Sky thing is a series of photographic overlays-- using the highest resolution when available.

The few high res overlays are because those are the newest and neatest-- fairly recent from a high-res mapping satellite. Like the A-11 site, two of the impact craters from the S-IVB third stage impacts are also available on the NASA site, but not yet on Google Moon (at least not the last I checked for them). I like to use those as examples because they are the largest man made objects on the moon-- and if you cannot see even the craters made by them, what you can see, then, is extremely large-- city sized stuff.

Most of GE/Moon is very low resolution (~40 meters per pixel). We are used to seeing individual cars on Google Earth, but, currently, the Lunar images are mostly too low in resolution to make out detail of something the size of a city block. A few better sections have something like 8 meters per pixel. Most of the newer images are about .4 meter res, if I recall.

top topics

join