It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is gettin close, go ahead and get mad at this post fact is fact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
As this thing is reported as getting closer - all the Elenin and Nibiru/Planet X threads appear to be waning - is that because they're afraid of the BS Tag - I don't know but I would have thought the threads should be heating up right now.

It's because the closer Elenin gets the clearer we can see that it poses no threat.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
double
edit on 23-8-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatarded1
reply to post by lordpiney

Obviously you care ,,,why did you read my post ? ,,go read some more of my posts,,

because i told myself that the next waterhead on here that posts something about elenin was going to get a piece of my mind, and you stepped right up to the plate. now go read a book.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

what did i spell wrong besides doosh and mensur omerbashish,,,and its not an argument

It's not up to me to teach you proper grammar.
I was just trying to make the point that it is much easier on the eyes when a thread or a post can be read without having to constantly stop and re-read,analyze,decypher, and reconfigure words,capitalization,senence structure, and proper grammar. I think you have some valid points but it is hard to take someone seriously who rushes through a thread with zero regard for the English language.

Now you can pick apart my post for all of the typos and poor grammar because I'm sure there are several.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

You'll be seeing sight that for yourself, shortly.

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Keep in mind, that's just shoddy shadow government terminology. There's much more to it...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by avatarded1

There are enough serious posts about Elenin without having to withstand one with words such as "doosh". That mild irritation not withstanding, your grammatical prowess is on par with a small child and you don't make any valid points and devolve the Elenin topic by a full year.

Please do some research on astronomy, theoretical philosophy and the English language and post your reply in 4 years, thanks.....!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Dont be a doosh about something we cant know,,and we cant know because we dont have good pics,

i dont care what leonid elenin says about the thing,,i also own a 10 inch telescope,

So with your 10 inch telescope you should be easily able to see that it is the expected brightness, and expected RA/Dec for the described orbit.
You should also be able to get the "good pics" yourself that you demand.

It is currently magnitude 8.3. With your telescope you should be able to get GREAT pictures, in fact.

ermmm... you have actually bothered to look at comet Elenin, havnt you?? My god it would be a laugh if you, with the equipment you have, havnt even bothered to check it out yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

Keep in mind, that's just shoddy shadow government terminology. There's much more to it...

you honestly believe that there is a rogue planet , somewhere in our solar system, and that this rogue planet somehow poses a threat to planet earth? you need to go read a book too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney

beleive me ,,i know how to spell doosh properly ,,,ok ??

it's spelled D-O-U-C-H-E genius...not doosh. now go read a book like i said earlier.

If the class would also please turn their attention to the word "beleive".....it's "believe" dude lol....

And op, you didn't really say much in your first post except that you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, with a lot of whining tossed in. You mention that youtube videos debunking elenin don't count, well, neither do youtube videos saying its real.....

You come off as extremely arrogant and sure of yourself and your position, when in actuality, you didn't provide a single shred of evidence to back it up. Simply stating "fact is fact" does not make it so.

And YOU DO lose a lot of credibility when you make numerous spelling errors and you end up looking like the DOUCHE(not doosh). Also, stating that you didn't care enough to spellcheck....you cared enough to make a thread.....

Just some food for thought

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Its not that earthquakes are strange in the US we get them all the time, but they are usually confined to the west coast and Alaska. The east coast gets a quake like that every few decades its not common place. However, it was about time and we may not receive another for a few more decades. Now if it happens again in the near future then we can start making connections.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Whether Elenin is responsible for increased seismic activity is still open for debate. The FACT that we don't know what it is, is not. Just as the OP stated.

That would make YOU--that is the dooshbags who are being extremely rude to the OP--indubitably ignorant of simple logic..whereas the OP just had a few spelling/grammatical errors. "Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

A threat to Earth, nah... Only intimidation due to what she is about to create. I know that Nibiru is a rogue brown dwarf accompanied by a nasty empire hellbent on harvesting their herd before the curtain closes.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Oh please people...

We have bigger fish to fry than what may or may not have some sort of so-called "astronomical effect" on earth.

For christ's sake, we've got a world on the edge of:

Economic collapse
World War 3
Police State

And you folks are arguing about whether or not an astronomical object may or may not be causing some friggin earthquakes ?!

Blow your @$%#& house. life savings, jobs, way of life, comforts of life, and loved ones to kingdom come and see where your priorities lie.... real world issues are at hand here.

I'm sick of Elenin threads already.

Wake up people !

The world is crashing around you as you're busy arguing whether or not some comet is or isnt' what it's claimed to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
What would be really interesting is if someone who has more time and even less of a life than I do could look at the correlation between the 5.5 year cycle of Tempel1 and EQs occuring in the same timeframe AND maybe cross reference it with when the moon perihelion swings from it's furthest Apogee to it's closest perigee - usually in the late winter or early spring.

I predict surprising results.....

Judging by your post, I think you are the right man for the job, and obviously have plenty of time to look it up if you had the time to understand wtf you just said in the above paragraph.

On topic-

Do people here think we are all going to die because of this comet?
Or do they think I should be afraid of a comet that nobody knows anything about?

We wont know for sure if we are in trouble till it gets closer.
I say we wait till we find out what the chances are before we start running around in chaotic circles screaming its the end.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Oh please people...

We have bigger fish to fry than what may or may not have some sort of so-called "astronomical effect" on earth.

For christ's sake, we've got a world on the edge of:

Economic collapse
World War 3
Police State

And you folks are arguing about whether or not an astronomical object may or may not be causing some friggin earthquakes ?!

Blow your @$%#& house. life savings, jobs, way of life, comforts of life, and loved ones to kingdom come and see where your priorities lie.... real world issues are at hand here.

I'm sick of Elenin threads already.

Wake up people !

The world is crashing around you as you're busy arguing whether or not some comet is or isnt' what it's claimed to be.

Funny cause maybe it is the state in which the world has to be in if a comet was secretly known to hit the planet. This whole situation is like the good cop bad cop scenario. The debunkers are just as lame as the loonies with outrageous claims.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence

Extinction
Level
Event
Nibiru
Is
Near

you honestly believe that there is a rogue planet , somewhere in our solar system, and that this rogue planet somehow poses a threat to planet earth? you need to go read a book too.

Since you seem to be pretty confident and snappy in the responses I have a question for you tough guy. Can you provide any proof that there isn't a rouge planet out there somewhere? I say no. Comets have caused problems in the past, sincerely the dinosaurs and every civilization that was once here but for some reason are no longer here. Where did they go? Chances are something happened to the planet as a whole which caused them to become extinct, not all but some. As far as books go there is the kolbrin bible, ancient texts,scripts,cuneiform as well as modern authors who all told about such events happening in the Earth's ancient past. Perhaps you should put down the picture books and actually read a book yourself...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
O.P.,
I'll give you a star for at least standing to intimidation cause some of these "douchbags" are no better than your typical trolls. You got the fortitude but you ain't got the punch.

The best article I've seen someone put together about this whole Elenin hype.

The folks inciting doomsday scenarios and making extreme claims about Elenin, Nibiru/Planet-X on YouTube are certainly acting irresponsibly. But NASA is no better it seems when it comes to engaging in rational discussion about these topics. In fact, NASA's outright denial of the danger posed by comets creates such an environment where irrational claims - such as the ones they rail against - can easily thrive. This outright denial only drives more people to irrational positions on these topics. True 'skepticism' is not a stubborn denial of the facts.

in a world so devoid of truth? It's the irrational loonies on both sides of the spectrum setting up this sorry state of affairs.

www.sott.net... anet-X-Time-for-a-Sanity-Check
edit on 24-8-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

what did i spell wrong besides doosh and mensur omerbashish,,,and its not an argument

One person complained about your writing. I think for every person that complains, there are probably nine more who simply won't bother to read your posts at all. If you want people to read your posts and take them seriously, you might want to consider exerting at least minimal effort into checking your spelling and using proper grammar and punctuation.

edit on 24-8-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am the first to admit that I have little understanding of the dynamics of earthquakes, solar flares or comets. However, I am learning. Enough is happening in the world that I am concerned. I think it would be remiss to say their isn't something major going on with our planet/world. I think enough has happened that it is time to sit up, pay attention to our surroundings and entertain all possibilities. Perhaps, the fear mongers have reached me. I admit I do feel a bit ill at ease and afraid. I do feel that things are changing. I hope that it will be changes for the best. I guess we will see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join