It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you still feel like the awakened minority?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I most certainly do not feel privileged among the general population. We are all awakening and some are in a more advanced state than others.

Does it make them better? Most certainly not.

Funny how a movement that rails against the ego, also promotes it when people label themselves as "awakened".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombanjo

Originally posted by Partygirl
SNIP.

I starred your comment for saying what I was thinking.
What frustrates me about all this is that what one person considers "awake" can differ and contradict another's definition. In my time on this site, I've seen some become awake to Christian beliefs, and others that think they are awake now that they believe the Bible is man-made superstition. That's just an example... I know isn't a thread specifically about Christianity.
I feel the world is not as it should or could be. And at times I wonder what the point of daily life is, as if something fundamental is missing. Does that mean I'm awake, waking up, or asleep? I sure don't know. All I know is that there's so much conflicting stuff out there can I'm amazed that anyone can latch onto any concept or belief with 100% confidence.Back to the ooriginal point, I'd love for those that do feel awake to talk more about what they feel awakened to. Give the rest of us somethiing to flex our brains against.

Well, I for one 'woke up' to the Truth of God. The 'mystical' fuzzy wuzzy use of the word awakened gets one no where - it means nothing without definition. I'm now a simple Christian and I read and interpret his Word for myself. I clarify with Him only.

Isaiah 50:2a,4,5 (NIV): When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no answer? Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack strength to rescue you?

He promised to awaken His children as the world draws to a close so that could have their place in His Kingdom to come. Unfortunately, we are also told that people would notice the signs around them but err in their interpretation of those signs. Just ask Him if in doubt. People say that they are waking to 'vibrations', 'the change', 'the enlightenment' etc. Ironically everything else but God Himself.

Don't know the Truth? Just go to Him and He will lead. Just my two pennies.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
All I can tell you is that it is an individual journey that involves looking within aka introspection. Basically it is our evolutionary path...but you cannot be told how to do it. You must find the way for yourself.

This is gold.

I feel happier knowing I am not alone.

I came here a few months ago, and there was so much anger.

It seems now though, as the collective merges, the consolation with ones self, the understanding, the beauty is finally occurring to me...

I see it now! ATS is waking up....these past few days I've seen some absolutely amazing things, and meh..... going borderline wacko here but I can sense the energies through ATS emerging somewhat..... telekinesis?

Meh.....

Thumbs up for the awakening within.... stay at guys, we're all helping each other along the way.

It might feel like no ones there to help, but we're all going through the same thing right now. Keep looking guys and girls, the truth is close

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Do I find a lot of people that I can truly speak to - that understands my passions and belief system and shares the "spark in my eyes" when talking about these things? No.

BUT - I do find that more and more people are able to freely discuss and skim the surface of subjects that were previously thought taboo. More people are questioning and seeking.

I was a bit of a misfit as a kid. Nothing brought me greater joy than reading up about "unexplained phenomena", "conspiracy theories" and the lot. Unfortunately there was not a lot of information available to me on the subject. I mean - the internet did not exist and I had to wholly rely on the contents of my local libraries.

At that point a mysterious subject matter book was often nothing more than a picture and couple-of-paragraphs-worth collection of some unexplained stuff, catalogued by alphabet. I was VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE for my time - I could tell you a bit about aliens, Betty and Barney Hill, Area 51, spontaneous human combustion, the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis; and the most notable ghost pictures taken at that time. Ha ha!

But the internet has brought with it this explosion of information. And only one person has to upload his or hers experience for that post to ripple across the planet. Each piece of "awakened" information presented to the average person on the street reinforces the idea that there is more to life than the bare basic survival and religious experience we've got going on.

So my answer is a very big "yes". People may not be fully awakened (I also believe that awakening is a continuous and ongoing process that can never be capped or stopped), but the awakening process is happening and it is accelerating. And that brings me great comfort and hope.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Do I feel like the awakened minority.
Definitely, as I'm sure most people here would.

I have met some people who have totally surprised me over the last year or so. People who have turned to me (or I to them) and said 'this is the first time I've had a conversation like this' or something similar.

I have tried consciously to do the whole meditation thing and trying to be more intuitive but I can feel myself getting to a point and its like there is a block preventing me from going further! I am relying on my 'gut' more often and am trying to get out of where I currently work (in a bank) beacause of the corruption, lying, and general nastiness everyday. 2 or 3 years ago that would not have even registered with me.

I am definitely waking up more but cant seem to get past where I am. (never thought I'd be writing this by the way!)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

im with you on that man. it is a lonely feeling for sure...i too hope things happen for a reason.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

But before you get all flustered, just know that this isn't some race or 'Im better than you' thing. We are not here to judge you as a person.

Funny because your whole post was nothing but judging me as a person. And this whole thread is nothing but applying judgements in a sneaky, passive-aggressive way that can be plausibly denied. After dishing out a whole heap of judgement, merely to say you are not here to judge is not going to cut it.

You know what.....your right, kinda. I was having a crappy day at work and when I saw you overreact to someones observation, blunt though it was, i was probably a little insensitive. this probably demonstrates how much further I have to go on my spiritual journey.

I do however stand by the essences of what I said. It is quite easy to pick someones spiritual state, whether they're a young soul or an old soul quite quickly through reading what they write, or hearing what they say and how they conduct themselves. And I and others make the observation (not judgement) that you are a young on the path to spirituality. There is no judgement involved as people will always be at different stages of spiritual growth, just as there are people at different stages of physical growth.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

This comment is not directed at you personally, but you cannot fix the problems with the same mind that created the problems~Albert Einstein~

There absolutely must be a change. Whether all understand the change and/or undergoing the change is the crux of the question of this thread. Whether all the questions to all the problems can be answered at this time, well the answer is no. It is still a work in progress.

It is a personal journey and nothing that anyone can show you or help you with. We are all on slightly different timelines. There are some that have been almost painfully awake for years and many that are just starting the journey.

Skepticism is accepted and a different view point is appreciated. There was no intended judgement on my part.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ill tell you of my experience, i don't know that i am necessarily awakened but i was always really skeptical, and from a young age i decided very easily that there is no god, that we were nothing more than biological, our identity was nothing more than made up of stimulus during our lives, positive and negative.
I was scorned at school by other kids for saying that there was no god this coming from an 8 year old, and i kept by my beliefs firmly until a few years ago.
suddenly my whole outlook changed. I don't know why.
ill try to put it in words.
Suddenly i feel almost interconnected with everything. i remember a pivotal moment where i was standing on a balcony looking over my backyard and thinking wow. Everything from every human, animal, plant, even man made materials all are of this earth everything from people to inanimate objects are all interconnected and one of the same energy of the earth, we all come from the earth. I felt like the earth was a living being and we were all her children.
As for god, i do believe in god now but I'm not religious, i still do not subscribe to any religions.
But i do believe that we are perhaps all parts of god in a way. god is in everything and everyone, our souls truly are immortal.
as i said i don't know why i started to have my beliefs it just kind of suddenly happened i suddenly saw things in a different way, i feel i am a better person now for it.
As far as other people in my life seeing things how i do, i don't really know anyone that thinks as i do, but lately my mother has felt the same way, she has told me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundofathousandbirds

Do I feel like the awakened minority.
Definitely, as I'm sure most people here would.

I have met some people who have totally surprised me over the last year or so. People who have turned to me (or I to them) and said 'this is the first time I've had a conversation like this' or something similar.

I have tried consciously to do the whole meditation thing and trying to be more intuitive but I can feel myself getting to a point and its like there is a block preventing me from going further! I am relying on my 'gut' more often and am trying to get out of where I currently work (in a bank) beacause of the corruption, lying, and general nastiness everyday. 2 or 3 years ago that would not have even registered with me.

I am definitely waking up more but cant seem to get past where I am. (never thought I'd be writing this by the way!)

This is mainly cut and pasted form a post I wrote a few months ago, but I feel it has some relevance to what you're saying here. As I think I said early somewhere, I feel as I have awakened, but I'm still having a bit of trouble getting out of bed so to speak
I don't have the attention span to meditate effectively, but thankfully my imagination seems to be fairly strong so most things in life still come easily to me even though I don't yet have the capacity or inclination to consciously step back and will them in (Law of Attraction style that is).

From the posts I have read there seem to be a lot of people here trying everything under the sun in order to attain some sort of spiritual superiority. This in itself is a reflection of ego, which in turn separates us from the source/truth/God anyway. Many people seem to be so focussed on becoming one with the universe that they forget to enjoy the feeling of being separate from it aka being human.

Now look, obviously it far better to be obsessed with finding enlightenment than say being obsessed with shopping, or food, or cats or making the $$$. And I do realise, as I think I mentioned in my initial post on this thread, that majority of humanity still operates on a very baseline, reactionary level of thinking not too far removed from that of any other animal, hence the poor state of the world today.

But one cannot enjoy looking up at a beautiful starry night if you are the stars. You cannot enjoy snuggling up to your lady (or fella) in front of the fire with a glass of red if you are the red, the lady and the fire all at once. I think many people almost feel guilty, or at the very least inadequate because they have not trained themselves to see auras, or they gave up their Sivanada Yoga classes because they rather have a quiet night in and read.

I think many forget (or do not know) the reason we exist as separate being in the first place is (in my own humble opinion) is to experience life as a separate being. Following your true calling isn’t meant to be a struggle. The path you are meant to take in life is the easiest path, and by that I mean the one that comes most naturally to you. Enlightenment should never be an effort or hard work. Everything you do takes you closer to the source whether you actively seek it or not. We are all travelling down the same river; and I’d much rather enjoy the journey on a slow boat with a fishing rod and a beer. My only peeve is the fact that in my next life I will forget how cool my last one was.

The world is changing so fast, and I personally think things will only get better.

But we must not forget to stop and smell the roses...

edit on 24/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: dodgy spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
....amazing ! this place is my sanity atm, I feel like I'm living amongst total 'drones' Of late its intensified to a massive degree and is scary !
I'm actually stuck for words but feel I have to speak out. Primal and survival instincts are rife. The gap is getting wider. Do I feel like I'm in a minority OH YES !!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thanks for the videos I looked into them breifly. The guy talking in the first one at about the 20 min mark I really liked him because I was thinking I was the only one that new how to play the game. Do you know who he is and where I can find more info on him?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

How are these people able to say some of things and think they are right. If they are awake then why is all they do is say I'm awake.

What would you have us do then.....?

I read a book about the French Revolution not long ago. What happened is there was this vague sense of being "on the side of the people" or "on the side of the old order." It sounded good at first. Who isn't for liberty and justice? After the revolution, the streets seemed full of "awakened" citizens on the side of the people.

Eventually the whole thing got out of control and people started to be slaughtered in the Great Terror. Why? Because the vague criteria "being of the people" was not enough to run a society on. Who is "of the people" and who is not? The only way you can prove you are "of the people" for sure and remove suspicion from yourself was to denounce others as members of the "old order," so there was this frantic frenzy of denunciations, panic, and of course the swinging madame guillotine. Similar stories played out elsewhere in history: Mao, Pol Pot in Cambodia, the Red Terror in Hungary, etc etc.

This term 'awakened', as mentioned prior is akin to beginning the path to enlightenment which is obviously a concept that most people thread hold in common. I personally think that it is inevitable process and every soul will eventually reach it at some point in time. The phenomenon is not like the revolution examples you have posted above as they were revolutions about things on the material plane. This is about a Spiritual revolution. If you wanted to compare it to anything I guess you should probably compare it to Gandhi's independence movement would come closest.

Originally posted by Doublemint
about "being of the people" or "awake" these words or like "they" or "them" the first step to fighting like you said.
But I'm for the people alot of these ideas they have I like, but the need to remove words or phrases like those above, because it is important if they truely want to move forward.

So, since we have found a problem langue lets fix it, right? How many of the awaken want to creat a better langue with me?

after we fix this problem I think we should continue moving forwards fixxing more problems

The only two people really displaying any sign of an 'us and them' mentality are you and Party Girl. Awakening is nothing to do with divisions, it is simply a level of spirituality which I and many others believe is gradually increasing in this world as the populace slowly rejects organised religion and the way the current powers that be run the world.

Unfortunately we are bound by language. Language itself can create divisions in the mind due to the labels which we apply to things. But until we can all communicate telepathically there is not a lot we can do about it
You have to see through the words if you use your heart to truly grasp the true meaning of what is being said. Take note that the majority of people on this thread all seem to know what is being talked about

However, you are unlikely to get much out of the "awake n' aware" crowd on ATS along these lines. Because they love the ambiguity and vagueness of these terms. They can hide in there, it's a big tent, it can mean anything to everyone. It's nice and safe. You can claim to be "awake" and feel good about yourself, and somebody else can make the same claim, and then you can feel good and friendly about yourselves together. No critical thinking, no arguing, just basking in this warm fuzzy glow.

Let me get this straight, your signature says you are a fundamentalist Christian, yet you have issues with the 'awake and aware' crowd's 'ambiguity, vagueness of terms and lack of critical thinking....?

Much of it comes back to the problems you pointed out with language. Spirituality is hard thing to nail down with the limited vocabulary we are forced to use to communicate. The beauty with the 'awake and aware' crowd is that we accept many different belief systems which can create the perceived ambiguity you speak of. But there are many roads to enlightenment, which is imho is a lot better than 'The only way to heaven is through me........and the following of a book written in the bronze age by middle eastern goat herders, then twisted and warped through the ages to suit man's own selfish agenda.

You know, I have an ambivalent relationship with this kind of mysticism. I mean, I believe it is real, but when it is translated into the public domain too purely, and people begin to "do it together," there is always, always, always trouble.

Please give examples of this. People have been practising mysticism for far longer than any organised religion has been around, and it does not seem to be the belief system that has caused most of the trouble throughout the ages

But as a group, or a "movement," or a "have you/yes I have/no she hasn't/here let me guide you and be your power-tripping guru without coming out and admitting it even to myself...etc...that's where this leads at first. And as a mass movement it leads to even darker places.

There will always be those who seek to cause trouble and satisfy their own selfish needs through the gullibility of others, and this happens all around us, whether it be through the 'movement', organised religion, or just through everyday waking life.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ive been becoming more and more aware of peoples' "awakenedness" so to speak. Every now and then ill listen in on someones convo and its something more or less "intelligent" and insightful, things like the state of the world, the wrongness of all these wars, greed, filth on TV (opposing it).

I think this whole thing about a global "awakening" might truly have something to it. At least it feels as though the world is moving towards that direction, and for the better. First though, I think people are going to awaken politically, as in strip themselves of party favorites, etc and see the nonsense of it all, then an inner awakening as events start to unfold globally...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
Do I feel time have sped up? Yes. Do I feel a big "unexplainable" change is amongst us""? Yes. Can I sit down with everyone and talk about this? No, there are people who are oblivious to change (geophysical, financial, political, spiritual, and physical) happening all around them. The blank looks when certain topics come up for discussion tells me these people are clueless and I should not cast pearls of wisdom upon swine, even if it's me wondering outloud. My logic is they'll wake when it's time for them to wake. Yes it's frustrating when loved ones reside in that state of mind but as were said in a earlier post, a person would go crazy trying to get them to see what's going on.

Do you think the blank looks are miscomprehension, or fear that you are actually right? I get that alot!

Miscomprehension? LOL, oh most definitely. They don't understand what in the devil I'm talking about not because I'm speaking in some techie talk but because they didn't hear about it on local nightly news, CNN, Prime Time,or Dateline. No in their world none of this stuff is happening so they ask where did I get such information when the rest of the world haven't heard about it. In other words they laugh it off as I'm in some type of delusion or paranoia. So as not to get angry with them because I know they don't know any better I laugh with them and change the subject, leaving them to stay comfortably asleep.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Globalization and the Internet, products of megacorporations' greedy lust for profits, has back fired on the elite. Mass awakening is happening. The hundreth monkey opens its eyes every day. We are coming together as one. Recognize this? Lol, trololol, roflcopter, pwned, epic fail, etc. Mass consciousness is happening. From the slums of Lima-Peru to the buildings in Beijing-China, all know the LoLcats and the Orly owl. One culture is happening, the barriers are vanishing and global taboos are torn down daily. The zen masters were right, we are one. As one we began, as one we dreamt and as one we awaken. Do you feel it now? We are skynet!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you love these:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
you will awaken.
If the heart sings with every word you are already home.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by 1littlewolf

I saw that...you really must be an "old soul" wow! Impressed! You have some depth to your thinking....tell me how you acquired that.

Thank you....

I'm certainly no guru and to tell you the truth I really don't know. Depth of thinking is about all I have
, but I think it’s probably one of the more important aspects..... I guess maybe my soul has 'been around the block' a few more times than some others.

For some reason I never have had too many negative emotions. Depression, sadness and anger have always been fairly foreign concepts too me and when I was younger I actually used to fake these emotions in certain situations just to appear 'normal'. I used to think I had some sort of personality disorder, but as my two main overriding emotions seem to be contentment and humour (and occasionally cynicism but I'm slowly trying to let go of this one - not quite there yet though), it obviously doesn't bother me that much

I was lonely as a kid cos I didn't really fit in that well. This obviously bothered me a little as it would all kids but it gave me time pursue my own weird interests and do a lot of reading. And my favourite topics were science and magic. My ex-step dad was a Wiccan high priest who regularly used to hold 'Drawing down the Moon’ ceremonies and this really opened my eyes cos I saw many amazing things. But Wicca wasn't really my thing for a number of reasons - the primary one being i felt they over-complexify many concepts which I feel are actually quite simple. It was a lot of fun though.

After leaving school I finally managed to let go of the nagging feeling of loneliness which many people on this thread seem to echo, and it was then everything changed..... I had more friends than I could handle, partied it up in the rave scene, took a lot of substances i probably shouldn't of, then went 'hippy' complete with dreadlocks down halfway down my back. Then I met the girl of my dreams who brought me back to a much more 'balanced' lifestyle. I finished uni (geology and anthropology - a nice blend of my two favourite interests) moved states, got a good (although not yet ideal) job and had two beautiful girls.

I think the loneliness that many people are experiencing here will eventually fade once you move up a notch or two if you get my drift. Hopefully it will be in this lifetime for you all. I guess all I can really say is use this time without distractions to follow your own hearts, and pursue things that interest you.

None of my close friends think like I do. They are not what I call awakened, but I use them to keep myself grounded and I'm grateful for the chance they give me too stop thinking and just relax (or alternatively embrace my non-evolved side and just get drunk and run amuck). It is important to keep oneself grounded in the 'real' world, for many people far more gifted than me have become unhinged as they let this stuff get to them, which can quite easily happen. The human psyche's Achilles heel does not exist on the physical plane if you know what I mean.

I do still feel lonely though.

But it does not bother me anymore for one can never truly be alone if ultimately we are all one. It would be good to know a few more like minded souls if only to bounce a few ideas off.

In terms of spirituality I try and keep it as logical as possible, maybe it’s the scientist in me. I have studied many different belief systems and look for common themes and patterns, and then see if the answers they provide seem plausible. Not consciously mind you, it’s just how my brain works. I can’t be bothered meditating, I can’t see auras, I have many times successfully used magick but I find it easier to use the ‘Law of Attraction’ to get what I want. And I’ve never had any Earth shattering leaps of consciousness that you read about so much. I think for most of us the journey is a slow one spanning many lifetimes, gradually letting go of the ego and losing karmic attachments one after the other until its finally time to leave the physical dimension itself.

But I am in no hurry. The world is a beautiful place and I feel privileged just to exist in it as a separate entity.

edit on 24/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: dodgy spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

Thanks for the videos I looked into them breifly. The guy talking in the first one at about the 20 min mark I really liked him because I was thinking I was the only one that new how to play the game. Do you know who he is and where I can find more info on him?

Yes, let me find it - first cup of coffee and all that,,,

Found it;

The man's name is Ben Stewart and he narrates both films actually.

esotericagenda.net...

Here is another link for him.

talismanicidols.org...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

Honestly it's not a very easy, and fun path when you realize everything around you is B.S. I'm very lonely inside these days, as my immediate family especially my mom thinks I'm crazy.. I've yet to meet an intelligent women or many people for that matter who is willing to even question the reality and the world we live in. I feel very different compared to everyone else almost like Ive been here a very long time.. (I'm 21 years old) I hope everything really does happen for a reason, as that gives me some comfort knowing that there is a purpose for this life. I just hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel very soon..

I am 52 and I know what you mean. I personally believe in reincarnation, you probably are an old soul. I am also single but cannot settle for a woman who has no clue yet. I could find one and educate her, but it might not work, depending on "where" she is at, at the moment. Usually, when I have settled for someone who wasn't aware what ended up happening is I would put this down for a while and pretend it wasn't there. But I was pretending.

If we all seem to feel something coming... I can't see where we can all be delusional en masse, while feeling isolated at the same time without their being something to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join