It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you still feel like the awakened minority?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

But before you get all flustered, just know that this isn't some race or 'Im better than you' thing. We are not here to judge you as a person.

Funny because your whole post was nothing but judging me as a person. And this whole thread is nothing but applying judgements in a sneaky, passive-aggressive way that can be plausibly denied. After dishing out a whole heap of judgement, merely to say you are not here to judge is not going to cut it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

That is such a ''sleeper thing to say'' thats what we call you ''sleepers'' LOL totally kidding just trying to lightin the mood

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffro86

I don't know I just get confused when people are awake and know it, then why do they creat the illusion of people being asleep.

Also awake can mean differnt things to differnt people.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
reply to post by Partygirl

Your post was hillarious but so true.

How are these people able to say some of things and think they are right. If they are awake then why is all they do is say I'm awake.

I'm almost 100% sure every human thinks they are awake.

Thanks for the backup.

I read a book about the French Revolution not long ago. What happened is there was this vague sense of being "on the side of the people" or "on the side of the old order." It sounded good at first. Who isn't for liberty and justice? After the revolution, the streets seemed full of "awakened" citizens on the side of the people.

Eventually the whole thing got out of control and people started to be slaughtered in the Great Terror. Why? Because the vague criteria "being of the people" was not enough to run a society on. Who is "of the people" and who is not? The only way you can prove you are "of the people" for sure and remove suspicion from yourself was to denounce others as members of the "old order," so there was this frantic frenzy of denunciations, panic, and of course the swinging madame guillotine. Similar stories played out elsewhere in history: Mao, Pol Pot in Cambodia, the Red Terror in Hungary, etc etc.

I'm not saying this is what people in this thread intend, far from it. But this whole thing of "do you get it," "are you awake and on the side of justice?," "are you one of us?" without there being clear definitions seems to lead time and time again to the chopping block in history. In the first stages everyone is all fired up with the new ideas, which seem so right and clear and pure at last. But the grumbling and the arguments start soon enough....who is going to dig the latrines? Who is going to wash the commune's dishes? What about medicine? At such moments, more is called for than simply "being awake." You need people with skills, people who can give orders, people who can take orders. In other words, one of those boring old stuffy un-enlightened hierarchy thingies with somebody in command and other people working according to a plan.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Everyone here at ATS has their own ideals and beleifs and everything here is all just mainly debates lets try and keep on point?

J

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

well they talk of change like we will just be, exist. I think it would be great if we did have robots to do everything for us but thats not real.

I have the same problem what do they mean and what do they want to do. I never seem to get a soild answer on either of those questions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jeffro86

Also awake can mean differnt things to differnt people.

yep that is very true also

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I have the same problem what do they mean and what do they want to do. I never seem to get a soild answer on either of those questions.

That's it right there. This is the biggest flaw of pure mysticism. They reject all external frameworks. Simply "being in the right groove" seems like enough to answer everything...no need for boring and difficult questions about morality or law...just "find your bliss" and tune in and miraculously everything will go off without a hitch.

No it won't. A feeling or a state of "awakeness" is not enough by itself to run the world on.

And this particular concept ("awakeness") is even vaguer than the French Revolution concepts. The streets would be gushing with blood in a week at most of establishing our enlightened groovocracy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
about "being of the people" or "awake" these words or like "they" or "them" the first step to fighting like you said.
But I'm for the people alot of these ideas they have I like, but the need to remove words or phrases like those above, because it is important if they truely want to move forward.

So, since we have found a problem langue lets fix it, right? How many of the awaken want to creat a better langue with me?

after we fix this problem I think we should continue moving forwards fixxing more problems
edit on 24-8-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

If you want real change, defining your vocabulary and concepts is the first stage.

However, you are unlikely to get much out of the "awake n' aware" crowd on ATS along these lines. Because they love the ambiguity and vagueness of these terms. They can hide in there, it's a big tent, it can mean anything to everyone. It's nice and safe. You can claim to be "awake" and feel good about yourself, and somebody else can make the same claim, and then you can feel good and friendly about yourselves together. No critical thinking, no arguing, just basking in this warm fuzzy glow.

The minute you start to introduce distinctions, definitions, and hierarchies, you are heading towards real-world progress. But this takes us away from the vague, universal stew of "awakeness," where its so fuzzy and comfy to dwell and pat yourself on the back and pat your "awake" friends on the back too, and everybody's happy. That's a lot easier than setting real goals and definitions. So you have this retreat to a false "awakeness" which is really a comfy little echo-chamber/wombworld where people can sleep soundly and happily and dream of waking together without actually ever doing anything.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Awake doesn't necessarily mean good or moral...

Some of the most "awake" people I have known... clued-in, spark-in-the-eye, intelligent and opined people... see the world for what "it is", understand the depravity and seemingly downward spiralling nature of society... and they know exactly how to manipulate it all to their own personal advantage... knowing full well of what the wider sociological ramifications will be.

So we have this "awakening" coming... so... then what? More people awake... yet they will still be people and have to make moral decisions into the future... and all i can see from an "awakening" is a bunch more people "awake" and acutely aware of the world... some people blindly following this "awakeness" in a naive air of belief in their own inner strength, a bunch of much more malicious people who are also "awake" but willing to use that knowledge (in themselves and others) to take advantage of the situation (scary), and the rest who would most likely be quite bemused (and easily controlled) of a forced awakening beyond their learnt capacity to deal with a large array of concepts (you would probably have a good portion of people going insane)... and possibly the poor sods who don't "awaken" and have to witness everyone around them going batty.

Sounds fun! Bring on the "awakening"!

In my opinion, things balance out... if for no other reason, then at least by the laws of statistics. For every good thing there will most likely be a bad thing, so dreaming of a perfect world is defunct. I think the world is pretty perfect as it is, live, die, bad, good, at least you can say you are living in interesting times (as anyone who has ever lived can say, depending on their perspective). We need bad things to have a measure for what's good; otherwise everything would just be a subtle shade of beige. Urghhh... I enjoy colour in my life, even horrible colours, so in comparison the beautiful colours are even more vivid! The most important thing for me is to be honest with yourself and try to learn good lessons from life's experience, taking nothing for granted.

I'm going to sleep...

Cheers

edit on 24-8-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I used to feel like the amount of people that were awakened wasn't that much, but for some reason now, I have a feeling that a lot more people are, and I haven't talked about stuff like this with anyone other then the usual people.
However there are some people that are very very stubborn and don't want to change.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I don't know, this "awake" and "aware" stuff bothers me. Its so vague and undefined..."do you get it? are you there?" Uh, where? Do I know my government is full of crooks and that my reality and perceptions are manipulated? Oh yeah. If that's "awake" then I've never been asleep. Still don't get why it means I have to be part of this big mystical "thing" that you "get"...strong passions for vaguely defined concepts tend to lead to bloody places in history. Just sayin.

I starred your comment for saying what I was thinking.
What frustrates me about all this is that what one person considers "awake" can differ and contradict another's definition. In my time on this site, I've seen some become awake to Christian beliefs, and others that think they are awake now that they believe the Bible is man-made superstition. That's just an example... I know isn't a thread specifically about Christianity.
I feel the world is not as it should or could be. And at times I wonder what the point of daily life is, as if something fundamental is missing. Does that mean I'm awake, waking up, or asleep? I sure don't know. All I know is that there's so much conflicting stuff out there can I'm amazed that anyone can latch onto any concept or belief with 100% confidence.
Back to the ooriginal point, I'd love for those that do feel awake to talk more about what they feel awakened to. Give the rest of us somethiing to flex our brains against.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
personally I am wearing a completely different look to the world for 4 years, and today I got to the highest point and ironically I have the impression that even the wakes of concience does not really matter... I feel free of constraints, I had fear of losing, but the more I lose and more I win, it's true that we are in the matrix, but above all it's just a metaphor, an idea, if we were really awake so why are we still here talking about it ? ... when I look at people walking in the street I feel that something is wrong, something not logical, but every time I focus on that feeling like there is something that stray my thoughts .
Whatever the result I felt ready, I knew from my childhood, I felt different yesterday but today I feel rather complementary.
little by little my desires, my fears, my anger disappear and more i let go more i feel empty and it's a good sensation so i had decide to not search anymore about " the why" now i let people walking as they want

... I even say why i still give my opinion ...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm not all to sure as to what being "awakened" means, but that may be the fact that i'm 15.

However, I have had a feeling like there isn't something right, like something catastrophic and life changing may very well happen in my lifetime.

Also, I find myself losing track of time, what feels like an hour turns into 3, and I often find myself walking about in a daze, aware of everything around me and a large amount of ideas, and theories are swirling around in my mind, yet it's hard for me to remember something, or someone after a short amount of time.

During school, or laying in bed trying to sleep, my point of view seems to shift at random, and thoughts of other worlds, beings, or even dimensions enter my mind and I look at a wall or something and it's like I know it shouldn't be there, or even that there is something else to be percieved, but cannot be seen. (Best I could explain, I apologize if it doesn't make sense
)

I often have to keep my own thoughts to myself, because most of the other kids I know only care for the next Lil Wayne song, or getting drunk. There's only one other person I can express my thoughts to that is in my age group.

On another strange note, I feel as if I have already posted the exact information above in this same thread. I went through each page twice, sure that I already put in my experience, but I couldn't find my name anywhere. Each avatar and some of other posts look oddly familiar as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
For clarification purposes, and to stop the fighting, something to consider.

and here is the sequel

I know a lot of you have seen this, but a lot haven't.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
No one I know is "awake". It is still a very very very very small portion of the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Parygirl,

Not sure why no one wants to put too fine a point on it, but I will. I believe we are talking about Enlightenment here. Spiritual Enlightenment. Although I believe what the OP is actually referring to is the feeling they are experiencing which are the beginnings of that process.

Nothing really vague about it, in fact it was taught in our schools before standardized, public schools were instituted. Oddly enough this was about the time that industrialization picked up speed. Well, industrialists can not plan their day around workers who are seeking enlightenment, so it went away. It is what the Buddhists and many other faiths believe.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Honestly it's not a very easy, and fun path when you realize everything around you is B.S. I'm very lonely inside these days, as my immediate family especially my mom thinks I'm crazy.. I've yet to meet an intelligent women or many people for that matter who is willing to even question the reality and the world we live in. I feel very different compared to everyone else almost like Ive been here a very long time.. (I'm 21 years old) I hope everything really does happen for a reason, as that gives me some comfort knowing that there is a purpose for this life. I just hope there's some light at the end of the tunnel very soon..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Thank you for that, very interesting. I had never thought about it in those terms. Ultimately rooted in a kind of rustic mysticism perhaps? You know, as one who grew up in the Utah desert that is not so difficult for me to envision.

You know, I have an ambivalent relationship with this kind of mysticism. I mean, I believe it is real, but when it is translated into the public domain too purely, and people begin to "do it together," there is always, always, always trouble. I know this well from my own studies of religious history and history in general. Perhaps this is what I object to. It is natural for the soul to strive and to yearn for things of the spirit, I think everyone experiences this calling at some point (I hope) in some way however distant...even athiests appreciate nature, or the innate beauty of the universe.

But as a group, or a "movement," or a "have you/yes I have/no she hasn't/here let me guide you and be your power-tripping guru without coming out and admitting it even to myself...etc...that's where this leads at first. And as a mass movement it leads to even darker places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join