It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York, Brooklyn around 9:30 pm next to Luna Park - Flashing lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok... I have no idea what we saw... but so far this is the craziest thing I ever seen in the sky... my hands are still shaking.... I live on the water next to NY aquarium, in brooklyn ny... we have a huge air traffic in this area because we are like 15 minutes away from JFK airport... we always watch airplanes fly off and wait to land around this area... its very busy during the week and on Tuesdays... we are all know the planes the choppers and advertising aircrafts... its just me and my little boy who is 7, my hubby is playing poker and older boy is with his friends... my little one was scared to stay inside because of earlier quake so he went with me to dispose garbage... we have an open hallway with looking at the sky we saw 3 flashing lights, from red to orange to blinding silver and the weirdest part was that they had no coordination, they going all the way down then up, left right... it bizarre way... these were not planes of any type... my and my boy are still scared... our only way to record this is my boy's itouch which my hubby took with him to download some games and iphone which is with him as well... I have no idea what we saw and my blackberry did not catch the pictures... all I want to know if anyone else in this area seen anything... please let me know... this is weird... we are still very bewildered... I highly doubt he is going to bed anytime soon

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Rocks123 - I live on the Hudson River by the Tappan Zee and I think I know what you are talking about. I haven't seen them yet tonight but I saw them last night and tried to snap some new pix but my better camera is not working. My first introduction post to ATS was regarding these and I first called them UFOs which they were (lol) because they were unidentified. What I came to believe is that they are drones of some kind that the local/regional or national officials use to "monitor" things, especially along the waterways. It's hard to get really good pix without professional equipment (which I don't have). Here's a link to my post and the pix are not of great quality but what can I tell ya' other than your description sounds like what I freqently see (first time was on 3/25/2011):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep your kids close to you because they're probably really freaked out but try to appear as calm as you possibly can for their benefit. I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of "unusual" things in the days to come and the calmer we can appear for the little ones, the less tramatized they'll be (easier said than done, I know).

Hang in there!
Timidgal

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Maaaaan! No UFOs over Long Island....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Thank you!!! Good to know I am not alone... I am so use to airplanes and very familiar with aircrafts... I have no idea what those crazy things wore... never seen them before... but spooky, very spooky, I guess unknown will do that to you... I did ask my next door neighbor for her opinion... she is over 70... she got all excited thought its a message from God... what was I thinking ringing her doorbell

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

When I read your post I was brought back about 30 years ago when I lived in Bay Ridge. I saw those same three lights over the water right near the Verranzano bridge It was about this time of year because I was at foot ball practice on Shore Rd. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a Tuesday evening. The really weird thing is that at practice that following Thursday we saw it again!! Strange stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Actually, it's you giving me some relief because I KNOW that I see these things all the time (sporadically but they always come back). Sometimes they are really high in the sky and sometimes they are lower but the lower ones seem to drift. Like you, I'm familiar with airplanes and the various types of aviation over the Hudson (plans, copters, etc.) and these were definitely not like those. Until now, no one else has described them in a similar fashion to me. They are definitely different colors and sometimes when one gets close to another, it will change it's color (this are the ones typically higher in the sky. The first night I saw them, I stayed up the entire night and watched. They were definitely "patrolling" and after doing some research, I realized what they were (the next day or two later, a Florida newspaper confirmed the existence of these drones by printing full disclosure that they were going to be using them in certain neighborhoods in Florida). It later came out in NY newspapers that FEMA and HLS were conducting counter-terrorism drills in the area so I put it all together and am pretty confident in my conclusion. If it helps, I've come to feel a bit calmer when they're around. Not that I'm a proponent of big brother but in this time of global chaos, I think that the good outways the bad. I'll try to get some more pix up if at all possible but they've been denegrated from switching computers, etc.

Timidgal
edit on 8/23/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
saw 3 flashing lights, from red to orange to blinding silver and the weirdest part was that they had no coordination, they going all the way down then up, left right... it bizarre way... these were not planes of any type... my and my boy are still scared..

Originally posted by timidgal

Keep your kids close to you because they're probably really freaked out but try to appear as calm as you possibly can for their benefit. I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of "unusual" things in the days to come and the calmer we can appear for the little ones, the less tramatized they'll be (easier said than done, I know).

Hang in there!

ummm.....You're scared?

What are you scared of exactly?.......Lights?.....I honestly don't understand....

Why not just "Hmmm...", or maybe even "Hmmmm?"....?

Being afraid of lights is a bit irrational...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

If you thinking that me and my 7 year old are hiding under the bed or in a closet from the light monsters... than I can 100% assure you that we are not...

however, we are uncomfortable... or should I say there is a fear on his face or maybe a confusion... but nobody is running around and yelling bright monsters... he might of got scared because I grabbed him and run back to get my blackberry... so little uncomfortable and maybe confused... but first 5 minutes were defiantly scary... as those things did seen like anything we saw before and the movements were fast and directions were changing in speed I cannot even describe... so fear was present at that moment... it also looked like they were almost crashing and than one would go up and the other down so... it was weird...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
With all the earthquakes happening odd occurrences often happen, those flashing lights may not be otherworldly but lights from this planet and her changes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

How incredibly uncompassionate and inconsiderate of you. If you can't relate, then fine, but do us all a favor and keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. This was a traumatic day for many of us and I really don't get why people need to be so judgemental of others. As my mother used to say "if you dont' have anything nice to say..."

Timidgal

top topics

join