What's behind the "Official History" of the Bin Laden Raid?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
By Russ Baker

The establishment media just keep getting worse. They’re further and further from good, tough investigative journalism, and more prone to be pawns in complicated games that affect the public interest in untold ways. A significant recent example is The New Yorker’s vaunted August 8 exclusive on the vanquishing of Osama bin Laden.The piece, trumpeted as the most detailed account to date of the May 1 raid in Abbottabad Pakistan, was an instant hit. “Got the chills half dozen times reading @NewYorker killing bin Laden tick tock…exquisite journalism,” tweeted the digital director of the PBS show Frontline. The author, freelancer Nicholas Schmidle, was quickly featured on the Charlie Rose show, an influential determiner of “chattering class” opinion. Other news outlets rushed to praise the story as “exhaustive,” “utterly compelling,” and on and on.

To be sure, it is the kind of granular, heroic story that the public loves, that generates follow-up bestsellers and movie options. The takedown even has a Hollywood-esque code name: “Operation Neptune’s Spear”

Here’s the introduction to the mission commander, full of minute details that help give it a ring of authenticity and suggest the most intimate reportorial access:

James, a broad-chested man in his late thirties, does not have the lithe swimmer’s frame that one might expect of a SEAL—he is built more like a discus thrower. That night, he wore a shirt and trousers in Desert Digital Camouflage, and carried a silenced Sig Sauer P226 pistol, along with extra ammunition; a CamelBak, for hydration; and gel shots, for endurance. He held a short-barrel, silenced M4 rifle. (Others SEALs had chosen the Heckler & Koch MP7.) A “blowout kit,” for treating field trauma, was tucked into the small of James’s back. Stuffed into one of his pockets was a laminated gridded map of the compound. In another pocket was a booklet with photographs and physical descriptions of the people suspected of being inside. He wore a noise-cancelling headset, which blocked out nearly everything besides his heartbeat.

Bin Laden Raid.

I was just on 9/11 Truth News when I saw this piece about the New Yorker's fawning article on the raid there is more to the story then what we know.I will also post the other article.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Getting Bin Laden
What happened that night in Abbottabad.
by Nicholas Schmidle August 8, 2011

Shortly after eleven o’clock on the night of May 1st, two MH-60 Black Hawk helicopters lifted off from Jalalabad Air Field, in eastern Afghanistan, and embarked on a covert mission into Pakistan to kill Osama bin Laden. Inside the aircraft were twenty-three Navy SEALs from Team Six, which is officially known as the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, or DEVGRU. A Pakistani-American translator, whom I will call Ahmed, and a dog named Cairo—a Belgian Malinois—were also aboard. It was a moonless evening, and the helicopters’ pilots, wearing night-vision goggles, flew without lights over mountains that straddle the border with Pakistan. Radio communications were kept to a minimum, and an eerie calm settled inside the aircraft.

Fifteen minutes later, the helicopters ducked into an alpine valley and slipped, undetected, into Pakistani airspace. For more than sixty years, Pakistan’s military has maintained a state of high alert against its eastern neighbor, India. Because of this obsession, Pakistan’s “principal air defenses are all pointing east,” Shuja Nawaz, an expert on the Pakistani Army and the author of “Crossed Swords: Pakistan, Its Army, and the Wars Within,” told me. Senior defense and Administration officials concur with this assessment, but a Pakistani senior military official,whom I reached at his office, in Rawalpindi, disagreed. “No one leaves their borders unattended,” he said. Though he declined to elaborate on the location or orientation of Pakistan’s radars—“It’s not where the radars are or aren’t”—he said that the American infiltration was the result of “technological gaps we have vis-à-vis the U.S.” The Black Hawks, each of which had two pilots and a crewman from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, or the Night Stalkers, had been modified to mask heat, noise, and movement; the copters’ exteriors had sharp, flat angles and were covered with radar-dampening “skin.”

New Yorker story on OBL raid.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

You need to understand what has happened to the world. Whatever is in contol of most/all of the world today cut its teeth with the Third Reich. WW2 did not end the way you think it did. Hitler's death was a ritual act. That which was within Hitler passed to another. Who? The US and other countries, most notably the Psyop known as the USSR, gave refuge to the most brilliant and brutal NAZIs. In the US they were given black projects with black budgets and unlimited power. So how do you think that played out? In my college days I was puzzled how the German people could have been so oblivious to the truth that was under their noses. Now I know as I watch the same methodologies being executed around the globe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Wow.. that reads like an episode of Deathlands. That's the level of detail you rarely ever see in a piece of non-fiction.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
official lies................

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have kept up with the various versions of the raid and now that everyone from Stratfor to other open source news outlets have pointed out all the contradictions so fast forward a few months and this supposed definitive account comes out by The New Yorker I think the plan here is that the reputation of the magazine will stop any questions from being asked.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Where is the body ? Did we see it. People may argue anything related to religious procedure but again where is the body did anybody see it ? I do not think so.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm watching NatGeo and now we have their version of the raid and unlike the others it seems the SEALS were in a intense firefight in that complex they took out the people in the front and much like the others OBL's wife went after them and we have the usual double tap on Bin Laden and the disposal of the body.The New Yorker's version down played the firing on the squad and leaves out the wounding of OBL's wife.Seems they can't seem to agree on a definitive account.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Tonight we get the history channel's version of events.Looks like we now have 10 or more "official." versions of the raid.Something odd is going on to say the least.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Government is using the media to write our history books. Has been going on for years. Even ancient kings did it.

But these day, history books are supposed to be written by historians, not reporters. However, they usually don't get around to it until the real truth doesn't matter any more. And if they want their stuff published in a school textbook, well, it's back to the news stories again.

Don't rock the boat; it's sinking anyway. Just try to get to the top of it so you're the last to drown!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
After watchin the History Channel version of events I have come to the conclusion that we may have as many as 5 versions of the death of OBL.The US government version, the Discovery Channel the New Yorker,Nat Geo and HC.Now,between these version lies the truth but it's been obscured so badly due to US election politics and posturing also,throw in the hasty disposal of the alleged body it just makes it even more murky.If Seal Team 6 did whack him then he shared the same fate as many intelligence assets do once they stop being useful they are eliminated.I will never understand why after 9 years of claiming to want bring Bin Laden to trail they chose a search and destroy mission perhaps,the risk of opening a can of worms in court was not all that appealing.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
And now we have 6 versions: SEAL Target.

In the upcoming book SEAL Target Geronimo: The Inside Story of the Mission to Kill Osama bin Laden by Chuck Pfarrer.A former SEAL Commander interviewed the members of 6 who took part of the raid and claims that their version of events is the true one.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the official version is attempting to both cover the possible sources and to put the best spin on targeting an opinionated yet still uninvolved recluse

total situational propaganda--- imho
edit on 2-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

join