It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Leader Accuses Obama of Fostering Class Warfare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Nationalizing the banks didn't sound like a bad idea as long as the country could have benefited from it tenfold.

If we can nationalize the banks; should we also nationalize the oil companies that get taxpayer subsidies even when showing record profits.

usgovinfo.about.com...

or big agri business that gets taxpayer provided subsidies.

www.downsizinggovernment.org...

No lets follow the GOP plan and tax the poor.

edit on 24-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The whole notion of Class warfare being waged by the working class is absolute nonsense, I cant believe so many buy into it. Just look what has happened to working people since the beginning of the industrial revolution.
The state has continually favored the ruling class because they're part of it or have been paid off by it.

Workers rights are continually being targeted. The poor are the ones expected to shoulder the brunt of government cuts, while the rich continue to get richer. If the working class do stand up to the ruling class they can expect to be met with the full force of the state. The class war is being waged on the middle and working class, if you can't see that I suggest a trip the optician.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think that the riots and the burning of Washington would have occurred before soup lines if Americans could not get their money.

Nationalizing the banks didn't sound like a bad idea as long as the country could have benefited from it tenfold.

You might be right about the riots and such but I doubt that would fill our bellies. Didn't fill their bellies during the great depression. Riots or no riots, shortly after the banks closed their doors, we would still be standing in the soup line together.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, it is obama's demonization of certain groups of people with his incessant use of the phrases such as "the rich" (aka the people that create the jobs) and "corporate jet owners" (gee, are there really enough of those that taxing them more would make any difference?).

Who are they creating jobs for? The Indians and the Chinese?

Stop spouting mindless talking points. Obama and Cantor are playing you for a fool when you fall into this partisan nonsense.

Do at least a little research and answer your own question.

U.S. government source

What really drives the U.S. economy? No, it is not war. Small business -- firms with fewer than 500 employees -- drives the U.S. economy by providing jobs for over half of the nation's private workforce. The latest figures from the SBA show that small businesses with fewer than 20 employees increased employment by 853,074 during 2001-2002.

Starting to feel more educated on the subject?

Then also look at this data from the SBA.

Notice that in 2006 there were only 18,000 business with over 500 employees compared with over 6 million businesses employing less than 500 people.

And this showing how much these small businesses actually make in income.

With a little thought and research, you will see how taking money from these small business owners that employ most Americans will directly affect employment rates.

In other words, you've been lied to by the people you're supporting ...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I find the Democrats attacks on the "rich" to be very hypocritical. Maybe it's time for political donations to be taxed! Since his grace Obama seems to have no problem raising money at his fundraisers from the rich! Have you seen the price of those things?

A DNC official says proceeds from the $15,000 per family gathering will go to the Obama Victory Fund, with the money raised shared by the president's re-election campaign and DNC.
link How many working class folks can shell out that kind of money? To claim that there is not a double standard is delusional!!! Those fund raisers seem to be blue prints for who's taxes need to be raised. [Not just on the dems side any fund raiser where you are charging tens of thousands of dollars] And lets not forget how many of Obamas appointees were found not to have paid taxes! Talk about not doing your fair share!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
I find the Democrats attacks on the "rich" to be very hypocritical. Maybe it's time for political donations to be taxed! Since his grace Obama seems to have no problem raising money at his fundraisers from the rich! Have you seen the price of those things?

A DNC official says proceeds from the $15,000 per family gathering will go to the Obama Victory Fund, with the money raised shared by the president's re-election campaign and DNC.
link How many working class folks can shell out that kind of money? To claim that there is not a double standard is delusional!!! Those fund raisers seem to be blue prints for who's taxes need to be raised. [Not just on the dems side any fund raiser where you are charging tens of thousands of dollars] And lets not forget how many of Obamas appointees were found not to have paid taxes! Talk about not doing your fair share!!!!

This is an excellent and all too often ignored point.

For example, when obama takes one of his (badly timed) vacations, where do he and his family go?

Answer:

Always some enclave of the rich and famous - you know the exact same people obama loves to demonize.

edit on 8/24/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
This forum and the media is non-stop Republicans fear mongering and you want us to believe its actually Cantor inciting class warfare? I swear sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Class warfare is all they have left.
The economy is a nightmare.
James Carville is right. It's the economy stupid.
----------
The American people want solutions not excuses.
The liberals are wasting their time. Just keep an eye on the polling data.
- Gallup / Rasmussen -

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Class warfare." Well, at least somebody said the words. It's like the elephant on the dining room table everyone ignores and pretends like they don't see. Oh, it's there all right. Going to get worse, too.

But anybody who tries to blame it on Barack Obama just looks like a fool.
edit on 8/24/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Did you know that the taxes on the rich have dramatically declined since 1961? If household and corporations making $1 million a year or more would pay at 1961 tax rates they would pay an additional $716 BILLION a year in taxes....

www.alternet.org...

while the rich have seen a 20 fold increase in yearly income while the lower 80 percent had little or no wage growth?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

I think that the riots and the burning of Washington would have occurred before soup lines if Americans could not get their money.

You might be right about the riots and such but I doubt that would fill our bellies. Didn't fill their bellies during the great depression. Riots or no riots, shortly after the banks closed their doors, we would still be standing in the soup line together.

Heh, well save a piece of bread for me comrade, I like to dip it into my soup

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

"What really drives the U.S. economy? No, it is not war. Small business -- firms with fewer than 500 employees -- drives the U.S. economy by providing jobs for over half of the nation's private workforce. The latest figures from the SBA show that small businesses with fewer than 20 employees increased employment by 853,074 during 2001-2002."

funny thing that these numbers are only small business while the "gubermint" and the FED handout checks to big business who pays the big bucks

and a business that makes $5 million a year is not a small business except in the government eyes....
edit on 24-8-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, it is obama's demonization of certain groups of people with his incessant use of the phrases such as "the rich" (aka the people that create the jobs) and "corporate jet owners" (gee, are there really enough of those that taxing them more would make any difference?).

Who are they creating jobs for? The Indians and the Chinese?

Stop spouting mindless talking points. Obama and Cantor are playing you for a fool when you fall into this partisan nonsense.

Do at least a little research and answer your own question.

U.S. government source

What really drives the U.S. economy? No, it is not war. Small business -- firms with fewer than 500 employees -- drives the U.S. economy by providing jobs for over half of the nation's private workforce. The latest figures from the SBA show that small businesses with fewer than 20 employees increased employment by 853,074 during 2001-2002.

Starting to feel more educated on the subject?

Then also look at this data from the SBA.

Notice that in 2006 there were only 18,000 business with over 500 employees compared with over 6 million businesses employing less than 500 people.

And this showing how much these small businesses actually make in income.

With a little thought and research, you will see how taking money from these small business owners that employ most Americans will directly affect employment rates.

In other words, you've been lied to by the people you're supporting ...

Because clearly, when i am talking about someone sending jobs over to China and India, I'm attacking American small business owners, right? Because small business owners are the ones that have shipped jobs overseas, correct?

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Because clearly, when i am talking about someone sending jobs over to China and India, I'm attacking American small business owners, right? Because small business owners are the ones that have shipped jobs overseas, correct?

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable is right - about your lack knowledge of this subject.

Example:

Regarding sending jobs to china. Who is in the news these days for sending jobs to china?

Try Jeffrey Immelt - CEO of GE and also obama's jobs "czar".

source

GE makes more medical-imaging machines than anyone else in the world, and now GE has announced that it “is moving the headquarters of its 115-year-old X-ray business to Beijing“. Apparently, this is all part of a “plan to invest about $2 billion across China” over the next few years. But moving core pieces of its business overseas is nothing new for GE. Under Immelt, GE has shipped tens of thousands of good jobs out of the United States.

I can and have repeatedly showed you that what you have bought as "truth" is in fact far from it.

Unbelievable is right!

P.S. Want to really blame someone for shipping jobs overseas. Look no farther than your friends the labor unions, who's high labor costs and absurd "work rules" have succeeded in pricing the American workers they claim to represent right out of the labor market.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I personally think it's high time we had some class warfare in this country, it's time for the poor and middle class to start taking back America from the corporations.

The game in Washington is just a game with both sides playing the middle. When in reality it's the large multinational corporations that are really destroying this nation. When you have these companies refusing to hire because they fear this tax hike or that report or this president or what not, you know they are completely full of snot, and need to be taken down.

The worst thing we did as a country is let the government bail out those banks. We should have never bailed out anyone and let small companies grab up the pieces of what was left after they fell.

At the very least it would have spawned more competition.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm
I personally think it's high time we had some class warfare in this country, it's time for the poor and middle class to start taking back America from the corporations.

You somehow left out the word "proletariat" from your post.

Otherwise it would sound exactly like a quote from the communist manifesto.

Here we have a person dedicated to obama's second term also advocating tearing this country apart even more than it already is.

Guilt by association is what I see.

Deny paid political operatives on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Did you know that the taxes on the rich have dramatically declined since 1961? If household and corporations making $1 million a year or more would pay at 1961 tax rates they would pay an additional $716 BILLION a year in taxes....

www.alternet.org...

while the rich have seen a 20 fold increase in yearly income while the lower 80 percent had little or no wage growth?

Again, who exactly are "the rich" you and obama are complaining about?

Got anything beside "news" from a leftist blog site?

Otherwise, you've really got nothing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm

You somehow left out the word "proletariat" from your post.
Otherwise it would sound exactly like a quote from the communist manifesto.
Here we have a person dedicated to obama's second term also advocating tearing this country apart even more than it already is.
Guilt by association is what I see.
Deny paid political operatives on ATS.

The same could be said of your comments. In case you missed the point, we are no longer talking about capitalism any more. When the jobs go overseas and the profits go to Wall Street, then you have lost Henry Ford's basic tenet...that you pay your workers enough to buy your product. Merchandise is now manufactured for pennies on the dollar, labour wise. Have you noticed the cost of goods going down correspondingly? I don't think so!

Go looks for Commies under another bed...but while you're at it consider that capitalism fell at the same time as communism. The only difference is that those in the west had better credit, so it took longer to feel it. Stick up for those mega corporations all you want...it's useful.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do you somehow think that by protecting the richest 1% of Americans that they will befriend you and shower money down upon you? If so, I would think that someone might be delusional.

Frankly we do need to break down these huge corporations. Do you know what makes the economy good? Competition. We need small businesses to have the ability to grow into medium sized businesses.

But when the greedy have carte blanche to rape and pillage this country and export jobs overseas, all you get is a nation of underemployed people. And that in turn actually hurts small and medium businesses.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Obama has been demonizing the wealthy since day one and continues to pit the haves against the have not's and yet has stones to rent a $50,000/wk vacation home on Martha's Vineyard. While he's on "vacation" he takes Valerie Jarrett to visit with the Brian Roberts, the CEO of Comcast. Perhaps they were discussing Obama's media strategy for the coming election. Comcast is the primary owner in NBCUniversal.

Once again Obama talks the talk yet his actions continue to contradict his words. Obama would not be where he is today without the money of those he seeks to demonize. Remember is attack on Private Jet Owners and his attacks on the "Fat Cats"?? Fact. It was Obama's 2009 stimulus package where Congress approved a tax break in the stimulus to help businesses buy their own planes. So he wants to help them out and then turns the cheek to demonize them when he needs to. Classic political whore tactic. Guess he thought no one would remember that little detail.

Obama and other politicians should stop attacking the job creators such as small businesses, corporations, Wall Street and oil companies and, instead, they should be looking to work with and compromise with business leaders to create jobs and improve the economy. Still waiting from any little sign from Obama that he is willing to work together with anyone other than his hand maidens.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Corporations and those "Fat Cats" on wall street and your "job creators" (biggest line of bull dung I have ever heard in my life, "job creators", do you know what a job creator is? A business or person that creates jobs!)

Please spare me the crocodile tears for the poor unfortunate corporations. What, are we supposed to lower taxes on corporations like GE? What's the number lower than 0? Because with all the loopholes they get and tax breaks they pay no taxes, and do you think that GE is the ONLY company to pay a fat goose egg in taxes? I don't think so.

In my opinion we need to raise taxes on these companies, that will force them to do something called business in order to make money again, and maybe, just maybe, if they have to hire a bunch of people to handle the work load of all the business they have to do in order to make the same amount of money they do now, then this economy will turn around. Hell, if it were up to me I would slap a massive tariff on goods imported into the US by companies. Make it so damn expensive to import instead of manufacture the stuff here.

Defending the people that spit on you on a daily basis is just not a smart move. These people sure as hell don't give a rats ass about you. You can defend the rich all you want, they ain't gonna reward you for your loyalty to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join