It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Intro Due To System Overload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've spent the last few (okay 6 or more) hours trying to find my way around this site, editing my profile a little bit, and posting questions in between chatting with friends. I guess now that I have done a little work, my introduction is past due.

Hello, my name is Strianissa, and I'm a nerd, heh. This site is great...it's caused a bit of a system overload in my widdle head, but great just the same.

I'm in my early thirties and a full-time student. After my divorce a few years back, I opted to go to college. I would be done this semester, but my little community college only has graduations once a year and transfers are easiest at the beginning of the academic year. Thus, I am taking some computer courses as fillers until the spring when I will have earned an A.A.

That should be enough as a start and probably more than anyone wanted to know, so I'll just say I'm excited about becoming a member of ATS and hope to talk with some of you soon.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by Strianissa]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the ATS!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey thx SpittinCobra.

Awesome freakin Avatar!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The mental overload is understandable friend.
Take a deep breath, and dive right in.
Welcome! Happy surfing.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hi Strianissa!

Welcome to ATS! I'm sure you'll find this a most interesting board - though *beware* - it is just so addictive!!
You won't get much spare time from now on, as you'll spend progressively more time sat in front of your monitor!

Look forward to your posts Strianissa - enjoy!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Strianissa !

Sure, ATS might not be the most user-friendly site on the web, but it just got so much content, once you get used to how it is presented, everything is fine! It's just a matter of time, believe me, and it probably won't take long.

If you need help or want to ask questions, don't hesitate to U2U me or check out the adoption program to find your-self a "guide".

Have fun, see you around.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thx m0rbid,

Hey did you know I haven't found not one kissy smilie, heh.

Thx Genya,

Yup, I'm an addict already.

Thx earthtone!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Nice avatar welcome to the site Strianissa,

any problems send me a u2u
happy to help

cya around se7en

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thanks. See ya 'round.