It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Rebels celebrate breaching compound walls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Libya: Rebels celebrate breaching compound walls

news.sky.com

Fighters swept through Bab al Aziziyah's buildings after days of street battles in the Libyan capital.

Amid the elation, one rebel said: "It's just unbelievable. All the people that have sacrificed for us, for this moment. We're in front of his compound and where is he? He's underground, he can't do anything. Where is he?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think this is great news and hilarious seeing a guy interviewed wearing one of Gaddafi's own hats on his head. The footage on tv all day has been the rebels celebrating and hanging off the statue of the US fighter jet gripped by a hand but according to this, they have his golf buggy too.

Good on them and finally freedom, just hope they catch Gaddafi and his sons next.

Apologies if it's already posted elsewhere, didn't see it anywhere when I checked. Bit of breaking news according to the Sky News tv and a comment on their website's sidebar too:

Gaddafi claims he fled his compound as "a tactic" after speaking to al-Ouroba tv. More like he's a coward who escaped like the rat he always called those who stood against him before he murdered them. His time is done.

If I can get a link to that breaking news about Gaddafi's claim then I'll post that too, so far I checked their sites and found nothing yet, just a few lines and nothing to link to.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Way to swallow the propaganda hook, line, sinker, rod and fisherman.

Gaddaffi was protecting his country from the so-called tebels (terrorist rebels). about half of the group are affiliated with Al Qaeda, the terrorist group we have been claiming to be fighting in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Libya will turn much bloodier, as there is no one enemy to fight anymore. Just as we've seen in Congo, Somalia, 1980's Afghanistan, and modern Iraq, the violence increases as infighting about money and power expand.

Do you know what Libya was before Gaddaffi?

Clans and Warlords. He successfully united Libya into its most prosperous since Nubia, and wanted to united Africa into a united economic zone similar to Europe. Heathcare and Education was free in Libya.

Future Libya: Warlords fight to gain control over Libya's oil. One side will want to keep it nationalized so every one continues to feel the benefits of the countries resources, while the other will want to privitize it and sell it directly to other countries.

Guess which side the U.S. will fund?

The Libyan people are the only ones who have fallen today.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Exactly.
The west is full of brainwashed hypocrites that think Kool-Aid is gospel. This thread reeks.
The Colonel tells it like it is
Turn off the television.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No need to turn off the television here, it's useful for showing Libya through the eyes of the rebels fighting for freedom and democracy and not the state run tv that was all sunshine and rainbows even when the weather outside was dark and stormy.

Maybe you guys need to lay off the Kool-Aid and stop kissing the buttocks of madmen and genocidal maniacs?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Why don't you tell me about these rebels? Tell me how what you know about them, who they are, and what they are fighting for.
Maybe you can tell me why independent journalists have been targeted, and killed.
You are a product of mainstream propaganda. You shouldn't spread propaganda, only truth, if you are motivated to spread anything at all.
We will see if the so-called "rebels" have anything to celebrate about, they aren't the brightest lights in the room.

top topics

join