It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new little jam i created today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
finall got my freaking keyboard fixed. listen if yah want..just a quick jam i threw together.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

not a bad lil chune! forgive me for saying this, you got melody and a mind why focus on 90's trance infratructure with hip hop beats? essentially your dumbing down your own creativity?

i used to work in recording studio's back in the 1990's, dont over repeat a chorus, heres a hint - write the verses first, then think of a chorus - think uplifting using the third chord of the verse as a starting point- chorus is always more focused and louder.

on the recording the drums are sooooo loud, they never are in masters! Bass is! and that goes for all types of music! use plate reverbs for drums (symbols) snare a (plate or room) bassdrum a (room) EQ on bass to get good bass doesnt mean cranking it all the way up! a tweak over flip point is all you need, on bassguitar (room) push the bass EQ just past the flip, then play with mid if its flappy or muddy then start testing treble, if still muddy then lessen the reverb( smaller room) and bring level right down.

the rest like vocals, keyboards or metal guitars play with in volumes or EQ's as they differ from style to style, but vocals louder in chorus, melody louder in verse, bridge loud instruments but quieter vocals

sorry you know what its like when you been there, done it got the T-shirt, but i liked the melody and if you were to get famous in your music, break beat rap, hip hop and trance would be long behind you! be the leader , not the sheep!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

haha, trust me this is not my forte..it was just a quick jam i made up cause i just fixed my keyboard, lol. this is not my style at all lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

ill post a preview of a song im doing for my friend..its just a cover. and hardly mixed..but ill post it, lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

i also dont use reason to mix and master, lol...just quick beats for messing around..i use ableton for the real deal, haha. i didnt wanna waste my time mixing something that wasn't my style lol...there was also no intention to make it a whole song..just something to doodle around with the synth lead, lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Pretty cool, man. Very catchy. It has that jingle, TV commercial sound- in a good way. Makes me wanna play my keyboard again. I lent it to a friend for a year and now all the E keys don't work at all.
Tried opening it up -high pressure air, contact cleaner- still nothing. Oh well. I got some mileage out of it $200 from RadioShack over ten years ago.
Sounds good man. Keep it up!

top topics

join