It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation with a 6 year old.. (message?)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Out of curiosity more than anything.....have you played with the sound backwards?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh dear.

I've learnt now, not to post threads on ATS.
I will answer your questions in number order. Maybe that will help.

1) Small was due home today. Her grandma lives next door to a lovely family who have four children, all girls. They were also away this week, and we mentioned when she left that it was a shame they come home the day/day before she went back, because she loves going round to spend time with them. Her grandma asked if she could stay the extra day and spend some time with them, as they are all back to school next week.
No mystery or lies, just an extra day. I'm sure I've mentioned how much I'm missing her, but she really did want to see her friends. I thought it would be a nice thing for her to do, seeing as I haven't got a lot of money, and can't afford to do much with her this last week before school.

2) I'm not a writer. It's something I'd love to get into. I can express my thoughts very clearly, and have a good grasp of the English language. I've just never done anything with it.
If I wrote with appalling spelling, and grammar mistakes, would that make telling you what my daughter said more or less believable?

3) I gave my old PC to my mum who lives a long way from me, so we could stay in contact better. My old PC could do everything, but me 'new' one (hand me down from my dad...) has 512mb of RAM. No drivers, and a whole heap of other problems, I can;t sort out until I can afford the £40 to get more RAM. Hence trying to upload recordings of small talking is a bitch.
I will try and borrow someone elses pc. No-one is more annoyed about this situation than me.

4) Deplume is indeed a take on a 'nom de plume'. I am called this because I got involved with the group known as anonymous, during the scientology protests. I protested every month with them, because they were trying to get one of their programmes into schools in my area. One of which was my daughters.
They taught me a lot about remaining anonymous online, and how easy it is for someone to trace you.
I went on the scientology protesting forums under 'anon deplume' which I thought was quite witty...

Since then I've slacked on the protesting front, and on the anonymous front, and shortened it to Deplume, because I like the way it sounds.

5) The piece of (13 seconds, please remember this) audio I posted, was a sample of just the noise, not of the guy speaking in the background. We took it from near the end of the video when it sounded loudest, and where the guy filming wasn't gabbering over the top of it.
Since then people have asked me to make it available for download, so they could mess around with it, but as I don't have an account with soundcloud, and have never needed one, I told people it would be easier for me (I don't know how to make it downloadable) and them (then they can see for themselves that I'm not lying about the way it sounds when the pitch/speed is altered) if they just used sound recording software, and rip a section of the sound from the video themselves.
They have done, and that's where the different frequency sounds are from... not the section of the video I posted... but from one they ripped on their own! If you listen to the video from start to finish, you would know that half-way through the guy filming says 'that's crazy''
That is what you can hear on the other guys sample.

6) You've posted a reply I made about Dark knight's prophecy. I did indeed basically ask 'how come he wasn;t taken out' but I wrote it sarcastically, ''If I had information, wouldn't I expect to be taken out'' Or words to that effect. I was interested. As anyone would be. If this guy had information about a planned government involved 'thing' happening, surely they would have silenced him.
As for me, are you suggesting that it makes no sense that I'm NOT scared?
Well;
a) I have no information, and never said I did.
b) Any government agent looking at this would laugh their ass off.

I keep returning to this last point, so often that I feel like putting it in bold, or into my sig or something.
No Idea if I'm allowed to write a section in bold.

I'm going to do it anyway, because I'm getting really tired of repeating myself;
7) I didn't post this to prove anything, or to make people come round to any idea I have about the sounds. I have no agenda. My only belief is that those noises exist, and with the lack for whatever reason of any official interest in it, it's up to the likes of us to keep reporting it, and trying to decipher what it means. Whether that's a message like small believes, or a warning from our own planet that she's feeling the strain. I posted it because I found what she said interesting, and I thought others would too..

I know you're going to rip this apart again. If it carrys on, I'll just abandon the topic. I'm tired of being cross examined when there's no reason to. It's just something my kid said! I never said anyone had to believe her, or she was right. I said she was sincere.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Deplume - have been enjoying this thread.

Ignore the naysayers - keep the kiddie stories coming.

For everyone leaving a narky message, there's hundreds of us out there just reading, enjoying and following the thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I feel for you. It's a shame people can't accept it at face value, but have to twist and turn it so eventually it doesn't resemble what the OP was really about. I have followed this thread all the way through, and have kept in mind what it was intended for. I have seen others accuse of things you never even stated.

I think this is a great thread, and I even searched youtube with my 16 year old looking to see how many other videos like this there were around the world. It's amazing how many different countries are recording this exact same sound! I think the furthest back we found was 2008, although I am sure there are probably older ones out there. I just got tired of going through the links.

Keep on, and ignore the ones who can't keep this on track.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65
There are questions that need to be answered by the OP and if this upsets your utopian thread , then so be it .

1 There are conflicting versions of the audio files submitted by the OP
2 The OP stated that there were remarks made on the audio file by the original poster on Youtube ....Something she forgot to mention throughout the thread , until I pointed it out .
3 If there are discrepancies in the audio files , then the whole original post has to be brought to question .

Nuff Said.

#1 - Really guy....seriously???? You may need to read the entire thread again, because right now, your derailing with your 1+1=7. Deplume posted 2 things (Links are on Page 1 of this thread), one was the Original YouTube Video and the other a 15 second clip from that video which she said she played around with in an audio editor. EVERY OTHER POSTED AUDIO ALTERATION WAS DONE BY ME!!! The "xxvexedxx" account on soundcloud is mine ("deplume" is "anondeplume" on sound cloud with only 1 upload). I've (AS IN ME NOT DEPLUME) only had time to do 8 uploads so far... the 1st 2nd & 3rd uploads were called "sound", which I recorded from "deplumes" 15 second clip and slowed it down per requests from others. The 4th upload was full length recording from YouTube (which throws out the Fbomb a couple few times). The 5th upload was a 1 minute clip from the original YouTube recording which seemed to me at the time to have no talking and the least amount of camera fumbling noise. the 6th 7th & 8th uploads were of this same one minute clip, but I isolated certain frequencies (exactly as stated in my post). I read through countless articles about what frequencies humans can hear in (20hz to 20000hz), what frequencies humans speak in (120hz to 1500hz), what frequencies crickets chirp at so I could eliminate majority of the background noise (2500 hz to 5000hz)

#2 Who cares if the guy on the video clip says it crazy (he also dropped the Fbomb 4 or 5 times).... it probably was crazy to him to hear this weird sound getting louder and louder. HENCE THE REASON FOR RECORDING IT AND POSTING IT ON YOUTUBE.

#3 There are no discrepancies in the audio files... The 15 second clip she posted was at about 43 second into the YouTube video after the "that's crazy" part.

Oh ya.. to get off the subject of YOU I had my sister play a couple of the tracks to her kids (5 & 6) and the girl (5) didn't hear anything (she also has an attention span of a lit match) and the boy (6) though it sounded like an alien (and loves his video games)....

edit on 31-8-2011 by FORMe2p00p0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

First of all, she linked to BOTH audio files, the youtube and hers. There was nothing hidden. Why should she have to state the obvious, unless you were too lazy to listen to the original file? She is claiming nothing except what her child said, period, end of story. You are the one making it into more than it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So I'm listening to the slowed down version of the noise and I feel as though it is doing something to my brain! It is almost as though something is trying to crawl into my head through my right temple - I feel repulsed by it - it also is making me feel a little sick to the stomach. No, I don't like it at all. Yuck.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
reply to post by tpg65
There are questions that need to be answered by the OP and if this upsets your utopian thread , then so be it .

1 There are conflicting versions of the audio files submitted by the OP
2 The OP stated that there were remarks made on the audio file by the original poster on Youtube ....Something she forgot to mention throughout the thread , until I pointed it out .
3 If there are discrepencies in the audio files , then the whole original post has to be brought to question .

Nuff Said.

#1 - Really guy....seriously???? You may need to read the entire thread again, because right now, your derailing with your 1+1=7. Deplume posted 2 things (Links are on Page 1 of this thread), one was the Original YouTube Video and the other a 15 second clip from that video which she said she played around with in an audio editor. EVERY OTHER POSTED AUDIO ALTERATION WAS DONE BY ME!!! The "xxvexedxx" account on soundcloud is mine ("deplume" is "anondeplume" on sound cloud with only 1 upload). I've (AS IN ME NOT DEPLUME) only had time to do 8 uploads so far... the 1st 2nd & 3rd uploads were called "sound", which I recorded from "deplumes" 15 second clip and slowed it down per requests from others. The 4th upload was full length recording from YouTube (which throws out the Fbomb a couple few times). The 5th upload was a 1 minute clip from the original YouTube recording which seemed to me at the time to have no talking and the least amount of camera fumbling noise. the 6th 7th & 8th uploads were of this same one minute clip, but I isolated certain frequecies (exactly as stated in my post). I read through countless articles about what frequencies humans can hear in (20hz to 20000hz), what frequencies humans speak in (120hz to 1500hz), what frequencies crickets chirp at so I could eliminate majority of the backround noise (2500 hz to 5000hz)

#2 Who cares if the guy on the video clip says it crazy (he also dropped the Fbomb 4 or 5 times).... it probobly was crazy to him to hear this weird sound getting louder and louder. HENSE THE REASON FOR RECORDING IT AND POSTING IT ON YOUTUBE.

#3 There are no discrepencies in the audio files... The 15 second clip she posted was at about 43 second into the YouTube video after the "that's crazy" part.

Thank you thank you thank you.
You sir, are a legend. Cheers for helping to clear up what should have been glaringly obvious in the first place..
I was going to ask in my massively long, 'explaining things I really shouldn't have to explain about my daughters whereabouts' post, whether you could chime in and confirm your sample was from a different section of the original audio..
I've only done one audio clip of the youtube video, and it was (aside from interesting) p**s-poorly done...

I have noticed you responding to requests for the audio, and I wanted to help, but tbh I don't know what I'm doing, and I haven't had time..
What a bloody good job you have done!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Wow.... do people even read before posting.... I was reply to tpg and said

"Deplume posted 2 things (Links are on Page 1 of this thread), one was the Original YouTube Video and the other a 15 second clip from that video which she said she played around with in an audio editor. EVERY OTHER POSTED AUDIO ALTERATION WAS DONE BY ME!!!"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Thanks D,

I really enjoyed this thread and can't wait to hear more from smalls (whether it's truth or imagination...). I was just trying to use my mediocre audio skills to help out (since no pro's were chiming in), I'll continue to help out when I find time or until some audio genius shows up. Feel free to ask me if I can do something to audio and I get to it as soon as I can

I think the only thing I noticed about the Youtube video was that "the man" said he was going across the street and around the same time "the sound" seemed to get louder/clearer... Do you suppose the sound got progressively louder on it's own or that the noise was originating from behind something (and when he went across the street he cleared the audio obstruction)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sorry, my bad. Didn't catch that

You are correct, you were the first one to take up the challenge of working with the audio files. My bad

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Deplume,

There are a lot of crazy people on ATS.

There are also a lot of good people who support your thread and sharing on here.

Don't let the bad ones get to ya

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

No worries... I kind of posted improperly to begin with..... I should have quoted his post like this

Originally posted by haarvik

Sorry, my bad. Didn't catch that

You are correct, you were the first one to take up the challenge of working with the audio files. My bad

edit on 31-8-2011 by FORMe2p00p0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, deplume. I enjoyed it and appreciate u taking the time to make it as well as keep us updated. I almost always take any possible explanation into consideration

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Deplume....I had a moment of doubt....and for that I apologize....please forgive.....thank you for answering all those questions. I believe you. If people don't believe you that is their problem.....you have been very forthright and clear.

I do believe that we should pay attention to what our children are telling us....it matters so much.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Glad to see this thread is back on track. cant wait for the next update!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.
If you ever have any questions, I will always try and get to them a.s.a.p and get them answered. I don't have anything to hide. I have no agenda. As long as it keeps interest in the noise up, then that's a fairly awesome product of this thread.

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
reply to post by Deplume

I think the only thing I noticed about the Youtube video was that "the man" said he was going across the street and around the same time "the sound" seemed to get louder/clearer... Do you suppose the sound got progressively louder on it's own or that the noise was originating from behind something (and when he went across the street he cleared the audio obstruction)

This puzzled me too.. I'm wondering if he was stood in his doorway, and as he came out, the noise was then all around him making it seem louder.
Then again if you record the whole video's worth of audio, you notice, especially with audacity, that it gets consistently louder throughout the video. (Almost twice as loud as it was in the beginning, and keeps on getting louder even as he's standing still)
This gives us these possibilities;
Option A; He was blocking the noise from above by standing in a doorway, and then he moved out into the open, and it got louder.
Option B; It didn't suddenly get louder, it was getting louder anyway (will check this)
Option C; The sound is coming from a certain direction, so when he moved he was facing it more (sop not above?).
Option D; None of the above.

Place yours bets nooooow!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
Everything in the universe is a function of energy. If these "visitors" are trying to send a message then the message should be able to be decoded by the underlying frequencies. Try applying Fourier analysis to this sound wave, break down the wave form into a series of simple sine and cosine functions by finding the Fourier transform and look for the pattern there....

i'm still reading this thread, but i've decided to reply to this one.

imho, it's pointless. it isn't clear, digitized waveform that you can apply math transformations to (and yes, as a programmer i know what you're talking about) - it's a recording, with quite a lot of distortions - original wave was bouncing off the buildings, ground and all the rumblings are probably just a side effect. your post is a perfect example of how people like to complicate things that in reality may be quite simple. it's not the right path.

as for kids hearing higher frequencies - well, you can forget it. all those sounds on youtube were recorded using digital cameras or cellphones, applying audio compression, later recompressed by youtube to put on their site, and anyone familiar with how the audio compression works should know that anything above 16khz usually just gets cut off. why? because most people can't hear it, and that's how audio compression manages to keep files small - by throwing away stuff you cannot hear. just do some frequency analysis on the sound stored in files downloaded from youtube - if there's anything above 16khz, it's so distorted/turned down, you won't be able to do much with it. if the message is in a form of some voice, you can be sure it's in the audible range. i'm 31 and i can hear 20-22khz without problem (even higher frequencies it seems, of course those have to be loud enough, but turning up high frequencies of such recording isn't a problem, as long as those frequencies are there at all), and as for now i haven't found anything unusual there.

i'm still making some analysis of those recordings, there is a possibility that higher frequencies - but still in audible range - are just masked by much louder lower frequencies (rumbling) - throwing these out may be a start, but up to this moment i haven't found anything that really sounds like a voice.

if kids hear something there, it's not that you can't hear it - it's just that kids have open minds - like someone said here, they're not wired because society didn't close their thinking inside a box yet - and their focus follows paths you have left long time ago.

there's one possibility that noone treats seriously, and that's a morse code. think, what was at the beginning of long distance communication between humans? morse code. if you were an alien, trying to send a message, wouldn't you use something that was in use at the very beginning, is well known and is still in use? now, morse code has some rules - long and short pulses. rumblings come in pulses - always same in length, more or less - if some pulse seems longer, it's because there is more than one pulse and one rumble didn't end when another already started, imho. what is different though is the break between pulses - it's sometimes shorter, sometimes longer, but it follows some pattern and when carefully written down, it may give us some results. the problem is that morse code defines additional breaks between words - that doesn't seem to be the case here, because they're using different length of breaks as pulses. since i don't know the morse code, i'll write small program that will translate the symbols representing short and long breaks between rumblings using morse code, and it'll be error-proof, that is, when some pulse won't match anything, it'll throw out question mark and follow with the next pulse, searching for valid letters everywhere. we'll see if that goes anywhere. another possibility is that different tones are used instead of long and short signals, and breaks mean something else - i can hear at least 2 different tones of those rumblings, and these tones may mean something as well.

why not use longer pulses and complicate communication attempt instead, you ask? well, those rumblings can be felt in the ground. with morse code, longer pulse has to be 3 times as long as the short one. what if buildings would start to resonate? car alarms turning on, windows falling, would you welcome such message? i think not.

now, if it's a morse code or any other code rather than voice, it opens 2 possibilities. either kids are rather feeling the message (quite possible, knowing that their minds are far more open and work on entirely different spiritual level than those of most of the adults) than hearing exact voice, or all claims that it's a voice (especially from those hearing some words - as long as we won't get it clear enough so that everyone can hear it, it's just your imagination - in best case) are meant to mislead our research.

we'll see.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Anything you can do re; Morse code would be fascinating. I am not smart enough or tech savvy enough to do this, but if you could.. you just might make it onto my hero list along with FORMe2p00p0n

I understand what you're saying regarding higher frequencies.
I know enough about it to understand that very high frequencies wouldn't even be played back by most speakers, let alone recorded the way it was heard by the original youtube guy.

I'm wondering if my daughter when she was talking about the 'eee' noise, was referring to the one she heard outside, or the one on the video, or both. I will ask her. It's puzzled me too.
If she says 'video' then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because she says she can hear voices, and gaah.. it's so confusing..

EITHER WAY.... I think we should (those of us that can) be looking into all the different ways this can be checked out, (not just speeded up, frequencies isolated, as interesting and useful as these changes are)
Morse code sounds like an excellent way to start.
As for the other code/mathematical ways of picking it apart.
Anyone? Everyone?
If you can, please do.
You can suggest it to me, but unless I know exactly what you mean, and have the tech to do it, it's not a lot of use. Some people have suggested ideas that they seem to know a fair bit about... waaaay more than me.
So can they find someone who could help? Or suggest people to me who could help, and I'll e-mail them or whatever?
Most of us agree there are weird noises... no-one except the likes of us, and those living with it night after night seem to care.. WHY?
Let's do this!

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join