It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-constructing: D4rk Kn1ght; A confession. Guilt makes me post this

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by cripmeister

Again you continue to quote from a thread that is a known hoax, you said so yourself. The 2006 thread is the one that is real, is the one that is under debate and is the one mentioned by the op.

If you cant evidence your claims in the correct thread you are waisting my time.

respects

You are the one arguing that the 2008 DK posts were not made by the 2006 DK. You're attempting to use that argument to try and force this discussion in the direction you want it to go. Sorry but that's not going to work.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Point me in the direction of where DK swore at anyone in his thread....should be easy enough to do, I await patiently.

respects
He swore at me in his IR camera thread. It was all deleted by mods within minutes, and after he started swearing at me, he started swearing at a mod. He was banned a few minutes after that.

In other words, you can't see what he wrote, because they were erased by mods.
edit on 28-8-2011 by TravisT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeVIAS

Yeah, well my point is that Travis was clearly off topic and even admitted to his posts were on the thread to disprove DK.

DK posted pictures of ufos.He did not say it was 100% proof he simply posted pics of something unidentified in the sky. DK said what type of camera and what type of lens he had. Travis kept drilling him. DK gave all info on camera and gave comparison pictures of what birds would have looked like through that lens.
Point is like I said, DK got banned for no reason. He put up pictures, and answered all replies to what camera/filter. Then got banned, when it was obvious Travis who was instigating the thread was just trying to get DK banned.

The proof of Travis being off topic and admitting to only posting to bring down DK is there. The proof DKs camera and comparison pictures of birds is there also. So again...why did DK get banned?
I'm just now going back and reading this thread, and I'm now getting to the part where you keep calling me a troll. Look, you have NO idea what was actually said, because mods deleted posts. They didn't put the T&C agreement sign back then, they just up right made them disappear. I even had posts where I was quoting DK that were also deleted, because of his excessive profanity.

You call me a troll? Alright, I'll tell you what: In exactly 2 months from now, which is Oct 28 2011, if the events hold true, I'll remove myself from this site forever, but if nothing does come about, just feel good knowing who the real troll/hoaxer was all along.....
edit on 28-8-2011 by TravisT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I remember that thread. I never commented on it, I just read it over and over. Many of you know me currently as ThePublicEnemyNo1. I made a new profile because I forgot this one. Anyway, now that I have recovered my username and password(I forgot them both after leaving for so long), I'll be using this profile.

Reason, I told you all about having two profiles is because that D4rkKn1ght thread in particular is what made me leave ATS for so long. I found it eerie and creepy. After six years away from ATS I came back to revisit that thread and to see if the author was lurking around so I could ask some questions, but I have already come to my own conclusions about his thread.

The problem that I have with the message he was given is that he said he was told it would be global. Now, global means the entire globe and he never stated otherwise. He never said nor singled out Europe, U.S., Aisa etc., etc. So, if this is suppose to happen globally, why would he go so far away? I still haven't figured that part out. If being in or near urbanized areas is supposed to be a problem as he stated, then what could be so horrible that being around other people would be considered dangerous? I mean a global event that's supposed to be as bad as he stated to me would mean maybe we should be around more people to put our resources together to survive this event...whatever it is.

Yes, I'm one of those people from an urban area such as Los Angeles, that will not run and will stick around to help those who need help...I believe in helping others as long as it causes no harm to myself or loved ones. I don't know if what I just wrote makes any sense. In a nutshell, if it's global then how can he hide from it...whatever it is? What he said would happen and where, kind of contradicts where he said he was going to go as running from a global event to another part of the globe seems pointless IMHO. I just don't get it
Something doesn't add up here.

Not to mention I am just as skeptical as I am optimistic about everything. I took what he said, pondered it and came to several conclusions:

1. Maybe he truly believes what he was told which is the reason why he moved away
2. He's a crackpot
3. He didn't tell us everything
4. He is just a liar seeking some kind of thrill off other peoples fear or instilling fear...same thing

So, from 2006 until now having revisited his thread again, I'm still not going anywhere. I have an evacuation plan for natural disasters, but not what he was talking about. Hey, if something like what he described were to affect the entire globe, what's the freaking point of moving to another part of the globe?

edit on 8/28/11 by hathorschild because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've read all of DK threads.. I found they were very interesting to read and i feel all he was doing was trying to warn us.. Alot of what he said is starting to ring true..I believe we are going to see more and more activity in the skies .. I've always had a weird feeling about what he had to say i always felt like he knows something we don't but time will tell ..In my heart i feel he was legit and not a fraud plus October 28th is my birthday
S&F for a great thread..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hathorschild

I think your plan of action is comendable and most people are not nearly as "heroic" i guess. I personaly think that the reason he says he is leaving the population is due to the mass hysteria that is to come from said events. though i dont think he let even close to every thing out about this subject that he knew. but new and critical views on this subject can only bring good things.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Thank you for such kind words. I had been a volunteer for the Red Cross for over 10 years. Although, I no longer volunteer, I learned disaster preparedness, not to mention my father was a Green Beret, so I was kind of raised a "certain" way.

I got that feeling of "something being left out" too. But, I also had other thoughts as well. It just kind of became too much for me. It struck a nerve deep down inside though. At the same time, we all have seen how people come here, make these claims, then poof they're gone. It almost never fails.

Now I do believe in other life forms, ufo's, yada yada yada. But he said no aliens, but things that swoop over our heads that make noises. What could it be? I agree with you about us all trying to figure it out as I could agree that maybe that's one of his reasons for making that thread in the first place. He did after all, say he felt guilty by not speaking out.

This one has had me stumped for five years now. Obviously, I hope he was wrong.

Peace and be Well

Edit: Is that Orion on your cartouche?
edit on 8/28/11 by hathorschild because: added comment

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hathorschild

yes it is Orion.
thank you for noticing

Like i have said before on this thread im not sure weather or not i beleive what DK stated so much as i beleive that he believed what he said if that makes sense. I think we should all at least in the back of our minds be prepared for something if not this then something else every thing builds to something and well i just have a feeling that we are going to find out what sooner rather than later if you know what i mean.

p.s. if your interested in my tattoo of Orion there is a thread about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hathorschild

Hey, if something like what he described were to affect the entire globe, what's the freaking point of moving to another part of the globe?

edit on 8/28/11 by hathorschild because: spelling

The answer to that is pretty simple. To get as far away from mobs of people who will inevitably go into panic mode, if anything close to a global "event" happens. At the very least, you would want to be as far away from any big cities as possible, before they go into 'lockdown' martial law. If you wanted more freedom to do as you will, you would want to be in one of the more remote areas of the earth......apparently he opted for this choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
so i was surfing around here on ATS and came across a new thread that well just kinda fits per say with this thread, so i thought i would share it....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

let me just say that i haven't done any further research into this yet but if it holds true it really does fall into DK's time line.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I'm just now going back and reading this thread, and I'm now getting to the part where you keep calling me a troll. Look, you have NO idea what was actually said, because mods deleted posts. They didn't put the T&C agreement sign back then, they just up right made them disappear. I even had posts where I was quoting DK that were also deleted, because of his excessive profanity.

You said that the mod's were just deleting DK's posts and that they did not put the T&C sign up back then...but you are wrong. Here is a link from the thread you spoke of...on one of DK's posts there's the sign...

T&C Warning Pg 10

Another Example Page 6

Also...while everyone was stating that DK and Dan were one and the same...there was someone else stating the opposite (which didn't just GUESS, this person used a program to compare writing). Funny how that was pretty well ignored. This person even offered to run a full scan...nope...no one seemed to want that...*sigh*

Hi guys, I found the possibility of DT and DK being the same person interesting, so I ran some custom software I made for occasions like this, to do just a very simple analysis.

I let it run on about 30kb each of their major threads, and some analysis I did by hand, here are my findings. This is far from conclusive, it would require larger samples, and more thorough checking to make a serious decision, but hopefully it will be of interest.

DT mostly uses the 'reply to' or 'quote' feature when responding to people, DK appears to never or very rarely use this function. DK tends to address the person he is responding to at first instead.

DT very often starts a post with a lower case letter, DK did not do this so much.

They both use '' quotes rather than "" quotes almost all the time. DK only appeared to use "" once, this could have been a quote from someone else he used.

They both seem to use list formats of the type 1), but only DT seems to sometimes also use a list type of A)

DK uses its and im more than it's and i'm, DT never uses it's or i'm at all

They both trail sentences with a .... style quite often.

In terms of words, they both had a similar sized vocabulary, about 1300/1400 words

They both have about the same average sentence length 10/11 words per.
Personally, I do think they are different people.

Link To The Quote Above

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Also...while everyone was stating that DK and Dan were one and the same...there was someone else stating the opposite (which didn't just GUESS, this person used a program to compare writing). Funny how that was pretty well ignored. This person even offered to run a full scan...nope...no one seemed to want that...*sigh*

That isn't true. The member in question first posted anonymously and then opened an account under the name Gulley Chief - repeating the original anonymous post.

I responded and offered some information I'd found which I thought swayed the argument more in favour of DT and DK being the same person.

Gulley Chief only made one other post on that thread - October 2008 - and has not posted on ATS since November 2008. Look at his posting history throughout that last month, he appeared to have lost interest in the D4rk Kn1ght thread. Although he did say, in his second post, that further analysis would be a lot of work and mentioned needing a 'control' so it's understandable. Quote from his second post:

If not however, and suspicion of DK and DT being the same person continue, I may get motivated to run a bigger more thorough analysis. There are a number of other things that tend to distinguish people that can be analysed, just it all takes time. It took quite a while to just copy and format about 10 pages worth of their posts from their major topics. If I were to do a more serious analysis, I'd want much more, and also want to compare to a 'control', ie compare in a 3 way with someone we can be sure is not them.

I was more than willing to encourage his efforts and I don't think I was the only one who would have been interested if he'd pursued the experiment. See Hank McCoy's post - he was encouraging too.

Our replies are on the same page, immediately underneath Gulley Chief's posts - they're not hard to find.

In fact, go to the next page and right at the top you'll find another post from me in reply to Gulley Chief - doing my best to provide him with more information to help in his analysis.

edit on 29-8-2011 by berenike because: more info and quote

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernRain55

Originally posted by TravisT

You said that the mod's were just deleting DK's posts and that they did not put the T&C sign up back then...but you are wrong. Here is a link from the thread you spoke of...on one of DK's posts there's the sign...

T&C Warning Pg 10

Another Example Page 6
Again, you just don't understand it. Go look at page 7, where I said "thanks for editing your post, that was quite mean". If you notice, DK never edited any of his posts, because those were deleted/vanished. Also, he was banned around page 10 of that thread, but what you don't see at all, is when a mod came in, and told him to answer my questions with civility. DK didn't like hearing that, so he went off on the mod, me, and told everybody on ATS that he hopes we die in the dark knight, etc etc. That went on for a good 1-2 pages, but again, you don't see that, cause the mods made it disappear, or it would be a good 2 pages full of "T&C agreement" posts. You weren't there, I was. You're making judgements on things you know nothing of.

reply to post by Kurokage

I still await your evidence that DK was a hoaxer.

respects
Evidence? I guess some of you can't see what is right in front of you. If you're going to take DK's words over SkepticOverlord, well, I guess I can't help you any further. The slogan is to "deny ignorance", not embrace it. Look at DK's thread, and right under his first post, it says:

edit on 26-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: Long overdue label of "HOAX" on this thread as it was a prank by a returning banned member.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only thing that can be said about DK, is that he was a hoaxer with multiple accounts, and I know this for a fact. You guys call me a troll for calling out hoaxers?
Please.....
edit on 29-8-2011 by TravisT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't know if DK is/was a hoaxer or not, some of you are saying that you know this for a fact! Well, that's also hard to believe, why would someone make such claims of what's going to happen world wide with IMO such accuracy? Some of the things he was talking about have taken place and are taking place now, who knows what's in the future for us, as far as the time frame he gave us.

As for hathorschild, the part you are talking about him moving to a different part of the globe and why if it is a global event? (First off, I doubt he can go to the moon to escape this) I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of getting to a higher ground. Obviously he is not avoiding the disaster entirely, he is just getting to higher grounds to minimize the effects of whatever is coming to us.

If he is/was a hoaxer, wouldn't you think he would have made a new account and post something similar to his thread or at least do a follow up on it after what 5 years?
ATS can ban your IP but anyone can get a different IP if they wanted to.

I am not saying he is 100% right, but I am looking at the events happening right now and putting 2 and 2 together. Whether it is coincidence or not, I'm being careful with everything I see and hear!

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I have starred your post because as you so rightly say the information in DKs legitimate 2006 thread has been seen as is coming true. I feel that some are being drawn into the hoax battle and forgetting that his thread is being evidenced as correct by the changes we are seeing in the world.

respects to you and thanks for putting me back on the straight and narrow, I see now I have been feeding the trolls.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I have starred your post because as you so rightly say the information in DKs legitimate 2006 thread has been seen as is coming true. I feel that some are being drawn into the hoax battle and forgetting that his thread is being evidenced as correct by the changes we are seeing in the world.

respects to you and thanks for putting me back on the straight and narrow, I see now I have been feeding the trolls.

Thanks for your kind words. I have fallen into the same trap of arguing in this forum which evidently just lowers your credibility / persona / your own being to their level. I refuse to do that now and I am trying to stay and be as positive as I can, not just here on ATS but in the "real" world.

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Providing evidence is now trolling here? So when Oct 29th comes around, and nothing came the night before, will you still blindly believe DK's words?

You asked for proof that he swore to anybody. I told you exactly what happened. Not good for you, though.

You then asked for proof that he was a hoaxer. I gave you a quote where SkepticOverlord even said he was a hoaxer with multiple accounts. Not good for you, though.

I do have to ask: Why do you label people "trolls" for giving the very thing that you asked for? It just seems you don't like the answers that were given, therefore, you deem anybody a troll for giving you answers that you don't like. Hmmmm.........

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

You assume my comment was of you...never assume. "I told you" is not evidence. I know Dk did not pen any other thread other than the original 2006 a confession thread. This Op is about deconstructing that thread, yet you insist on continually ignoring that same thread.

As we are both obviously talking about 2 seperate threads I dont see any value in discussion with you anymore.

respects

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by TravisT

You assume my comment was of you...never assume. "I told you" is not evidence. I know Dk did not pen any other thread other than the original 2006 a confession thread. This Op is about deconstructing that thread, yet you insist on continually ignoring that same thread.

As we are both obviously talking about 2 seperate threads I dont see any value in discussion with you anymore.

respects

The thread you so cherish is now in [HOAX!] where it belongs along with a note from SkepticOverlord saying that D4rk Kn1ght was a returning prankster. If you refuse to accept this my only conclusion will be that your intentions in this thread are dubious.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by TravisT

You assume my comment was of you...never assume.
Who else would you be talking about? You said you wish you didn't feed the trolls, and Crip and I were the only one here to have quoted you on this page.

"I told you" is not evidence
Well, look at the "manners and decorum" sign in the IR camera thread.

I know Dk did not pen any other thread other than the original 2006 a confession thread. This Op is about deconstructing that thread, yet you insist on continually ignoring that same thread.
Why would we talk about a hoax thread, by a hoaxer? Hell, this thread should be moved to the hoax section, as it has been proven that the original was a hoax. There is no point in deconstructing something that is labeled and proven to be false. The only thing we should deconstruct, is how much of a hoax it was, cause that's the only thing worth talking about, if that. This thread shouldn't be in general conspiracies, as it was a hoax.

Talking about his other threads leads into his hoaxing. But feel free to do what you want.....
edit on 29-8-2011 by TravisT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join