It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's on your shopping list?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Welcome forum. Big Brother here! haha. Being a health freak I love to buy and eat as many healthy foods I can buy when I shop at a grocery store. I would like to share my shopping list with other users and see what you buy that is healthy. Before I go shopping I call every store in my area which has fresh produce. When my friends and family ask me why I always love fresh veggies and fruit I reply "Fresh is always better." Because nothing taste better to me then fresh veggies. I do not only eat veggies. I do love meat and I mean I love meat! Anything kosher I can cook at home to eat. Yes, I love to cook anything. Because I know cooking my own food will taste better then anything at a fast food restaurant. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I would like to list my list now and see what you think of the items I purchase.

Whole Grains:
Fresh bakery bread. I'm from Sac, Cal. I always go to Wonder-bread store near my home which sells various types of fresh bread from the factory. I love making sandwiches for lunch. When I'm at a supermarket I buy cereals that are whole grain. Like cornflakes, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Honey Bunches of Oats brand cereals, and other similar cereals. Also nuts (peanut-butter) and corn

Fruits:
Apples, Cherries, various berries (strawberries, Black berries, and others), oranges, bananas, watermelon, peaches, plums, jelly, and pears.

Veggies:
Spinach, Lettuce, Peas, bell pepper, Zucchini, onions, tomatoes, Squash, Avocado, Broccoli, Green beans, Carrot, garlic, ginger, potato, radish, and beans.

Meats and eggs:
Chicken (eggs) and Turkey, salmon and tuna, beef, and the only non kosher meat I eat here and there is ham. Yes, my friend and subway makes or has good ham.

Milks and cheeses:
Store brand milk, Swiss cheese, and Colby cheese (grated)

Oils and all another niceties I also get.

Snacks:
Hidden valley bars and oatmeal bars, fruit bars, and other veggie, fruit, or grain candies. Once in a month I purchase a candy bar like reeses.

Drinks:
Water! Yes water is must buy! Fruit (orange juice) and veggie drinks (like V-8), sodas, and Gatorade. I never buy other energy or sport drinks.

I might have forgotten a few things on my list. Ask me about my list or post your own. You do not have to list everything. Just something you like to eat or cook.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

Fruits:
Apples, Cherries, various berries (strawberries, Black berries, and others), oranges, bananas, watermelon, peaches, plums, jelly, and pears.

Veggies:
Spinach, Lettuce, Peas, bell pepper, Zucchini, onions, tomatoes, Squash, Avocado, Broccoli, Green beans, Carrot, garlic, ginger, potato, radish, and beans.

Meats and eggs:
Chicken (eggs) and Turkey, salmon and tuna, beef, and the only non kosher meat I eat here and there is ham. Yes, my friend and subway makes or has good ham.

Nice list!
I usually don't buy breads from the store, I've been on a bake my own bread kick although my husband has bought bagels a few times recently and I cringe every time because they're so dense. I think I read somewhere before that 1 bagel can equal 4 slices of bread.

I stick to the cheaper fruits that I know I'll like in my juicer. We generally have oranges, tangelos, apples (granny smith and golden delicious). Sometimes fruits: pears, pineapple, honeydew, strawberries, watermelon, and peaches. We also get ginger although it's not a fruit it's in my apple carrot ginger juices.

Your veggie list looks like it includes a lot of what I like to keep on hand, of course we mainly have the basics at my house. Onions, potatoes, bell peppers, and celery. I do love tomatoes but they just taste bland from the store so I've been growing mine. I also like zucchini but my husband won't eat it unless I trick him with cinnamony zucchini bread.

Meat- we still to big value packs of chicken from fresh and easy, beef, lamb and tuna. Of course for the holidays we get ham, turkey or duck.

Drinks-I'm trying to save $ so no bottled water for me but we do have a water filtration system at home. I usually stick to tea or water. Other than that the only other drinks I usually buy are ginger ale and energy drinks which are both for the husband.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

When I have the money, talking strictly from a food point of view i.e. not including household products etc, my food shopping looks like:

Frozen Chicken Breasts
Rice
Pasta
Beans
Soup
Noodles
Lettuce
Onion
Tomatoe
Cheese
Bread
Sandwich filler
Cooked cold meats
Crisps
Frozen meals * 5 usually

And the rest I buy as I see

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I eat nothing but popcorn with real butter, cookies and cream Ice cream and coffee.

For protein I will make some beef flavored top ramen.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Our kids are grown and out of thehouse.......reducing to cooking for two has been a torture worthy of it's own thread. However, here's our list now:

Whole grains: tortillas, those cool new half slice bagles and hamburger buns, rice, oatmeal

Fruits: all sorts of berries (for pies), apples see snacks), watermelon (the shrink wrapped quarter slice or the mini bitty "personal melon" geez),papaya, peaches, plums

Veggies: V-8 juice. Seriously, when you have a family member losing his teeth, this is agreat way of getting veggies into his system. Frozen veggie blends, potatoes, sweet potatoes, green onions, carrots, tomatoes, corn, peppers, canned beans, celery, some lettuces,garlic, squash

Meats and Eggs: Hilshire Farms sausages have been a staple in my family for years, chicken thighs, occasionally a whole chicken, tri-tip, pork roast, hamburger, fish,low sodium bacon, lunch meat (turkey), as for eggs I get the Omega-3 eggs or organically raised brown

Milks ans Cheeses: 2%Organic milk,soy milk, or almond milk in arbitrary order, Tillamook sharp Cheddar, Tillamook pepperjack, fresh shredded blend of parmesan and romano, occasinaly swiss. I admit to the Dutch brand of spreadable cheddar cheese in the deli section because I absolutely love it .( For cheese fans its sort of like the similar experience that chocolate lovers have for a dark chocolare Milky Way) Yogurt.

Oils and other Niceties: For in general oil use I like a canola oil (some have added the Omega 3s), olive oil. Have recently discovered avocado oil........bliss. Niceities include some amazing vinegars like blackberry balsamic. Garlic infused olive oil, Blood Orange Avocado Oil, BBQ sauces like Apricot Chipotle, Apple Chipotle and some pretty good Thai Peanut Sauces. Have tried the Cherriaki but think I can do better making my own. (I have a BBQ saucethat's amazing, cheap and easy: In a small sauce pot , on low heat, pour in a small jar of apricot jam, some terriaki sauce , and heat stirring almost constantly until the jam melts and it all combines into a nice smoothe mixture. Put into a bowl for basting that chicken on the grill.Sort of a variation from a fire house cook book from back in the day)

Sancks: Remember the apples? Apples are great for movies. Get an apple and a sharp knife, a block of cheddar cheese, or a jar of peanut butter, (or that decadent speadable cheddar) and have at it. Remember those Hilshire Farms sausages? Slicethem into coinsand fry in a skillet untill they are as black as you like them. Get out the Veggie Roasted Ritz Crackers, top with a coin of blackened sausage a bnit of cheddar cheese. It's how my husband avoids crying when I just have to torment us when watching "Finding Neverland" or Criss Angel. Otherwise is my fav standby microwave popcorn. Or tortillas, cooked on the stove, grate some cheddar, let melt , and fold.

Drinks: V-8, Green tea with ginseng and honey (or with out) but the best is Fuse with the added
B vitamins, water, milk, Clamato and beer, wine, rum, cola, lemon lime soda, herbal teas (you know, the detox teas
) , coffee.

Not all in that order or at the same time. LOL

top topics

join