It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie Sound at Pro Baseball game last night, EQ Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone was watching this game last night and heard this themselves? They say MSM is trying to call it feedback from the stadium speakers, but I have sure never heard feedback sound like that before. It isn't the rumble sound though, this is more of a spooky sound.

Anyone else think this sounds like feedback? I mean Idont know What it is , but I dont think it is that.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ummm, wind???

That's what it sounds like to me but I can't be for certain....
Was anyone here right now at the game??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

The sound was actually a speaker malfunctioning from a lightning strike. I live in St. Pete, was watching the game, and heard the announcers say this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Im glad someone actually watched it on tv. Did they mention it when the lightning actually struck the speaker? I deejayed for a long time and I cant ever think of a time I have heard a speaker make a noise like that. What could lightning have possibly done to it? I mean I would think it would have just shorted it right out for no sound at all. Strange.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, I am paraphrasing to be fair, and I technically didn't watch it because I hate baseball but my dad was in the other room with the volume really loud
. The sound sure was creepy and I know it had something to do with lightning and a speaker, I can try to check youtube for you guys or I can ask my jack*** dad when he gets home.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I actually thought it was the wind making the noises since we had terrible storms at the time of that game but I remember them saying that was not the reason for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That's a pretty weird sound. Kind of sounds like wind blowing around the corner of a building.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am from St. Pete and have attended hundreds of games in that dump, many through storms... and I have never heard anything like this. My wife works in a retail store, and as I was playing this she freaked, claiming she heard this exact sound in her store around noon today (central KY). Strange times I guess. For what it is worth, she says it sounded as if it were outside, like wind from a severe storm blowing through gaps. It was sunny, and windless.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Endure

Intriguing - don't know if this could be related, but a couple of minutes, no more, after the VA earthquake (I'm in SW Virginia) my subwoofer made an rhythmic sound, which sounded like the peaks of sound from the baseball game video. He is an audio guru - and he was stumped.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Very interesting some of these replies are. Perhaps we have a new sound to add to the rumble? I really wish we knew if the commentators actually remarked when the lightning actually struck the speaker. Seems to me there should have been a bang or sizzle or something, not this weird noise.

Wonder if anyone else heard the sound reported in KY as well. How long did the sub woofer sound last? You were saying it made the sound like this but it wasnt hit by lightning to your knowledge correct?

I would think the managers of the park would have to say something just so the people wouldnt panic from it.

top topics

join