It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Television Accidentally Reveals Cyber Attack On U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i think its about time for a cyber militia movement. without all the anon hollywood.

time for some good ol fashion vigilante justice.

watch out china. all your base r belongz to US.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

By the screen shot of the "hacking program" there are no options like hacking programs usually have, with TONS of options.

I don't think so...

The screenshots show the name of the software and the Chinese university that built it, the Electrical Engineering University of China's People's Liberation Army—direct evidence that the PLA is involved in coding cyber-attack software directed against a Chinese dissident group.

www.theepochtimes.com...

I wouldn't be too quick to identify this as 'hoax' software.

I don't know what 'hacking software' you are referring to but as far as I know most 'hacking' is done from the CLI; as it should be.

I am familiar with 'Hacking' software of the sort that is found in BackTrack and that also requires CLI skills.
I think that what we are seeing there is the GUI for some kind of application.

But you know what? This whole thing could be a hoax. Maybe it is American anti-Chinese propaganda designed to cause us to 'Sign on the Dotted Line' as Jenna Darling has suggested.

I guess we need a Chinese translator.

What do you think, ATS?

This image is presented with the article as an alleged screenshot of the software in question.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
youd think whatever they developed would be console based...

always new the chinese were script kiddy lamers.

the gui looks like windows 3.0

edit on 23-8-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Okay, so lets say the Chinese wage war on the United States. The first pre-emptive strike is from the Chinese and it's a cyber attack. I'm guessing this would be unleashed within seconds after China declares war. Okay, so what happens now? I know it can severely cripple certain sectors of the military and possibly silo's. Of course it would probably affect most infrastructure as well as citizens power supply. Then of course China would probably start attacking satellites. Is this the extent of what would happen?

If so, surely our military or someone has some kind of counter measure to this. This has only been talked about for 10 years now. At first I thought maybe that was what the X-37B possibly was for. In case of primary satellites being destroyed maybe it can fly up and deploy one or possibly is one itself, but harder to hit because it stays in a faster orbit. Either that or Rod's from God. I've heard reports recently that the U.S. has admittedly re-opened the Star Wars project. Possibly what all these space planes and classified space missions are for. But it just seems like we'd have some back up plan by now if this were to happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Okay, so lets say the Chinese wage war on the United States. The first pre-emptive strike is from the Chinese and it's a cyber attack. I'm guessing this would be unleashed within seconds after China declares war. Okay, so what happens now?

I know it can severely cripple certain sectors of the military and possibly silo's. Of course it would probably affect most infrastructure as well as citizens power supply. Then of course China would probably start attacking satellites. Is this the extent of what would happen? If so, surely our military or someone has some kind of counter measure to this.

This has only been talked about for 10 years now. At first I thought maybe that was what the X-37B possibly was for. In case of primary satellites being destroyed maybe it can fly up and deploy one or possibly is one itself, but harder to hit because it stays in a faster orbit. Either that or Rod's from God.

I've heard reports recently that the U.S. has admittedly re-opened the Star Wars project. Possibly what all these space planes and classified space missions are for. But it just seems like we'd have some back up plan by now if this were to happen.

I love the way that you think.

Without elaborating too much I say yes to everything that you have proposed. In fact I think that probably all of our best efforts in terms of National Security have been made towards making sure we come out on top when this all goes down. One thing that I do know for sure is that it takes one hell of a computer to run the systems that pilot these ramjet powered space planes not to mention navigation and targeting systems; especially the targeting systems. There have been a couple of great threads on ATS lately concerning the new D-Wave 'super' computer and the fact that Lockheed Martin bought one (or many)....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Long story short; yes I think it all ties together.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks bro, I will definitely check out the thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't read Chinese. What I got from reading the links and looking at the pics was:

This is a GUI. The drop down list is the site being attacked (I don't think that the PLA likes that Falun Gong) and perhaps the software takes the IP that is typed in ( the UAB site ) and makes it look like the attack came from that origin instead of in China.

Would like to hear more from someone who has more knowledge on this.

p

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
for those of us who dont have time to read the nitty gritty, what exactly is this alleged 'cyber attack' comprised of, for example?

Google search: "aurora hacks" december 2009 "intellectual property" ...They had their exploits sucking GB from the top companies in the US for weeks before it was discovered. All below the radar, the intrigue with China is dark magics done by evil internationalist goofs who think they've got some plan. Obvious crap software is obviously crap.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I have some very limited Chinese knowledge. Most of these are too small and blurry for me to make out. It's really difficult!

The top line of six characters say "Select attack target". 选择攻击目标 or xuan3ze2gong1ji1mu4biao1 in pinyin.

Under that is the line which includes several characters plus the letters IP. The third character in this row is 网 wang3, which is the word for web/net.

The button at the bottom left says Attack - and the one next to it says Cancel.

A quick search tells me that CCTV7 is the military/agriculture branch of CCTV in China; I assume this is an ordinary channel broadcast into people's homes, although I don't know that.

In the black bar at the bottom - text which is presumably from the network:

On the picture from your post, the bottom text, apparently added by the network says 既有硬手段 地有軟手段
...which translate roughly to "Existing Hard Method, There is Soft Method."
(ji4you3ying4shou3duan4 di3you3ruan3shou3duan4)

And on the the other picture, the main picture of the Epochtimes link from OP, the text from the network at the very bottom says interestingly, 所谓软攻击行动或者软打击行动 which pretty clearly translates to "The so-called soft attack operation or soft strike operation".
(suo3wei4ruan3gong1ji1xing2dong4huo4zhe3ruan3da3ji1xing2duan4)

I'll try to decipher more, but I'm pretty sure it is what is says it is..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by quango

Quango, you are awesome, thank you very much for helping us with the translation.

Seems like Chinese Hackers find recursion funny, too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
EDIT to organize better:
The screenshot posted reads:

Select Attack Target

Attack Website IP Address
(space for the address)

Falun Gong Website List

(drop down box of what the article calls Falun Gong websites... indeed, several begin "Falun ...")

Attack and Cancel buttons

---end EDIT
original, old post follows:

Just wanted to add that the line above the drop down box, which the article says is a list of Falun Gong websites, starts with the following five characters 法轮功网站 fa3lun2gong1wang3zhan4 which do in fact literally translate to "Falun Gong website(s)..."

You can see the characters larger if you'd like to compare for yourself.

It almost seems like the program is designed specifically to target Falun Gong.

ETA:

The line ABOVE the IP Address definitely says "Attack Website IP Address:"
攻击网站的 I P 地址 or (gong1ji1wang3zhan4de5 I P di4zhi3)

Also, the full text of the line above the dropdown box is 法轮功网站列表 which translates "Falun Gong Website List".

Quite a literal program!

edit on 23-8-2011 by quango because: more info

edit on 23-8-2011 by quango because: organization

edit on 23-8-2011 by quango because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
The screenshot posted reads:

Select Attack Target
Attack Website IP Address
(space for the address)

Sounds like a simple ddos client like LOIC.

Firing their lazor against falun gong. It's funny how much they fear the "Gongers", it is as if China is on the Gong Show and doesn't want their bit to end, so they're afraid of the Gong. Next up, Gene Gene the Dancin Machine!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nobody knows who shot first..publicly.....but they shot lasers at our satellites...we shot lasers at their satellites.

They shot a missile at our satellite....we shot a missile at their satellite....wait....oh yeah...."we each shot our own satellite"....I'm sure that's the real story...lol!

The internet is a funny thing.

People think its the world connected together....when in fact your region could have its own server showing you an internet...and acceptable information is filtered thru to the other cubes....say for communications out of your grid.

The Chinese may think they're cyber attacking the world...when in reality they are sending attacks to the end of their cube...and those attacks never leave. They're just studied to see what they are coding.

DOD owns the internet.

<< 1   >>

join