It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exelon Declares 'Unusual Events' At 4 Nuclear Plants After Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Exelon Declares 'Unusual Events' At 4 Nuclear Plants After Quake

Exelon Corp. (EXC) said Tuesday that four of its nuclear-power plants have declared "unusual events" following an earthquake in northern Virginia. Exelon'sLimerick plant near Philadelphia, Oyster Creek plant near Toms River, N.J., Peach Bottom plant near Lancaster, Pa., and Three Mile Island Unit 1 plant near Harrisburg, Pa., declared unusual events in the wake of a 5.9-magnitude earthquake centered northwest of Richmond, Va., the company said.

www.nasdaq.com... ants-after-quake
www.mediaite.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.nj.com...
www.istockanalyst.com...

Hope it's nothing to worry about. Such small earthquake shouldn't do any damages.
edit on 23-8-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well if there is a problem we probably won't hear about it for at least 24 hrs, and maybe even a week or two, lol.

I hate feeling so powerless to all these crazy happenings the world over.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"Unusual event" is the lowest of four emergency situations, so it should be clarified in 24 hours.

Right now the North Anna power station is using it's diesel engine to cool reactor, as it shut down after the quake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello everyone, i find it strange that in the past two days weve had 9 minor quakes in colorado, and now 5.8 in virginia. The virginia quake is interesting because its rare. But also because their are many reactors around the epicenter. My question is, is how are all these related. And now "unusual events" hmmmm sounds kinda like japan. Mabe not to that extent, but do you think all of them are related? Mabe magnetic polar shift?

top topics

join