It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Nuclear Events (Pensylvania and Virginia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok just woke up and decided to check RSOE EDIS.
I noticed two nuclear events, 1 in pensylvania (very close to the epicenter of an earthquake,) and 1 in Virginia.

Virginia:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Pensylvania:
hisz.rsoe.hu...#

I tried looking at news papers from the areas, but couldn't find any, did a google search on this event and all it brought up was RSOE EDIS and a godlikeproductions and ATS thread on pensylvania, but it was from the 20th and we are the 23rd........ 2 events in the same area within 3 days and 1 in another?

I don't know about you but seems a little weird to me.

Anyone got any information?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Are you implying that they were possibly doing underground nuclear testing?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yeah what does putting nuclear next to event actually mean in the linked contexts??

link   
It lists the cause of the event as the earthquakes.. probably just some sort of disruption picked up in a sensor somewhere as a result of being shaken..
edit on 23-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm 20 miles from the one in Pennsylvania and I haven't heard anything. All nuke plans have seismic measuring equipment usually located in the basements of the reactor building, and they are very sensitive. I've worked at this plant and my first year they told us to never slam the large submarine doors that were down on those levels, because the equipment was right passed the door.

My guess is it picked up the earthquake and sent the reactors into a safe shut down mode.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
welcome to two hours ago

2nd

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Both plants appear to be fine. North Anna Power Station in Virginia lost grid power and is safely running on back-up generators. The Susquehanna plant in Pennsylvania was operating a single reactor with the other shut-down for maintenance, and decided not to restart the second reactor due to the recent seismic activity.

Wall Street Journal

www.prnewswire.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I believe the summary or description reports they were taken off line...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Uh no how did you get that?
That's just dumb lol. Maybe you want to think I am? because I really don't see how you got that.
I'm not implying anything, I'm just curious as to what is actually going on because I can't find anything on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Brown

Thanks man! Appreciate you providing the links.
Too bad you can't flag posts and only start them lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No problem.

Interestingly, if anything does go down at Susquehanna, there is an episode of World's Toughest Fixes (Ssn. 1, ep. 3) where they replace a turbine on one of the steam generators.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
what is this post trying to imply. A nuclear meltdown may occurr, please be specific. Has a nuclear meltdown occurred? Then wtf is this about, a warning to something that may happen when earthquakes hit if they do or is it a warning that the last earthquake or something did something and they are worried. HELLO, wtf are you trying to say here? Two nuclear events. WHAT.

top topics

join