It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Exec Takes Swig of Fracking Fluid...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Benzene, Toluene ,Ethylbenzene,Xylene, Naphthalene, 1-methylnapthalene ,
2-methylnapthalene, Dimethnapthalenes ,Fluorenes,Phenanthrenes,Fumaric acid,
adipic acid,methyl tert-butyl ether,boric acid,ethylene glycol,isapropanol,
ethanol,2-butoxyethanol,Hydrochloric acid,Formic acid,Diammonium peroxidisulfate,
Ammonium persulfate,Ammonium sulfate,Glycol ethers,2-broma-2nitrol, 3-propanediol,
2,2-dibroma-3-nitrilopropionamide,2-bromo-3-nirtrilopropionamide,
Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons,Polycyclic organic matter,Methanol,
Proparyl alcohol,Thiourea,Propan-2-cl.

Thats your average Fracking Fluid Composition there, if you believe the guy is chugging
on that your out of your mind... go watch gasland or something and learn the truth about
Hydraulic fracturing and how dangerous it is..

Thats not what he's "chugging" because thats not whats in the new fracturing mix.

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Let him live by one of these fracking well's and have his own well nearby for his home and drink it for 10 years or so with normal filtration. My family has personally tested the Delaware river yearly and occasionally more since I was a child because of some of the companies located on it. Pa. regulators hate most people along the river along with the companies. We have caught illegal discharges more than once.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Apologies, I missed the part about testing a new type of fluid, even if it is non-toxic the actual
process of fracking is very bad for the enviroment and anyone living in the area...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

It is terrible let me say....I live in south western PA with the majority of EVERYWHERE is a fracking site for Marcellus....I know from experience that I am safe and sound!!!

And to the smart A$$ comment about me being young....Thanks, nobody has said that to me in a while!!! I am not old, but by no means am I young, My wife will tell you that also!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why did this thread turn into a personal attack toward me?? This is a thread about a news source, how am I being put on trial here??

Because I actually believe that the executive drank the NEW fracking fluid mixture??

I bet more than half of you didn't even read the article about it being a newly blended fracking fluid....Actually I guarantee more than half of you didn't read it based on the absolutely stupid responses I have received so far!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
no photo
no video
link to fox news
halliburton exec

youve got to be kidding me right?

seriously.. how can you possibly be this ridiculous?
you must be very young, i doubt someone with your fatal-level of naivete could possibly live past 30.

There could be a video with a scientist, commentary, the most well known honorable person in the world, ingredients, flavor, and so on.....AND YOU STILL WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because HF is the new environmental boogeyman and facts be damned!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You know they mix all that crap with MILLIONS of gallons of water, so when you dilute all that crap, it turns it back into water....Not 100% clean water, but pretty close.....You are talking about peeing into a lake and then drinking the water!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I think you are full of it.

Let me explain: It's not that the fluid itself is dangerous. It's the concept of fracking that is dangerous.

It's stupid, dangerous and unbelievably greedy of those who do it. It's proof that mankind will cling to every last drop of gas/oil to make a point.

I don't care if some executive drank fracking fluid and lived. That alone is not enough to prove that it is not dangerous to a water supply.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Halliburton - wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. They said Corexit was safe too.

More lies and trickery in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

What about EPA testing on just about every fracking site, actually testing the fracking fluid.....I guess that isn't enough for you either....You don't want to see the proof backed up, you would rather it be dangerous....WHY???

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Why are you just condemning Halliburton?? They are not the only fracking company out there???? This is just to prove that fracking fluids are safe, not anything about Halliburton other than the CEO had a higher up drink the fracking fluid.....

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by wcitizen

Why are you just condemning Halliburton?? They are not the only fracking company out there???? This is just to prove that fracking fluids are safe, not anything about Halliburton other than the CEO had a higher up drink the fracking fluid.....

Halliburton was involved - that's enough for me to be very untrusting. Why would I trust people who have a history of deceit, lies and worse? Imo Halliburton ranks amongst the top most evil corporations on the planet.

Oh, and the MSM was involved too.....another reason to mistrust.
edit on 23-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Speaking of Haliburton they own stock in the "ahem" talc mine under Chatsworth Georgia.Strange thing about the piles of talc around the entrance,They have never moved or changed shape in all the 30 years i have lived here.Another side note about talc, compress and fry it to 1300 degrees and a couple of inches of it will repel the surface heat of the sun,while the other side remains cool to the touch.Most think talc is just for baby powder.shuttle tiles anyone and the railroad runs right by the entrance.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Just because you have had no bad experiences from living in an area where they do hydraulic
fracturing does not mean the technique is safe. On the contrary there are many horror stories
from people who have had their water supplies poisoned and lost cattle to highly concentrated
fracking fluid seeping into rivers and ponds ect. In some cases natural gas gets into the
plumbing of their houses, and the water is so saturated you can literaly set it on fire out of the
tap. People drinking the tainted water describe chronic fatigue, nausea and headaches,
symptoms they never suffered before their tap water became flammable. The corporations
doing this refuse to even admit there is a problem and won't pay for new fresh water sources
to the affected people, so most of them have no choice but to continue drinking poison....
The lasting damage it causes to the enviroment is also disgusting, these greedy bastards
are destroying areas of outstanding natural beauty all over the united states, and you defend
their right to do it....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

No actually I defend the right to drive my car, heat my house, cook on the grill, run my lawnmower, drive my four wheeler, cook my food, I thank god that they had DIESEL generators for the nuclear plant that shut down when the earthquake that hit Virgina shut down power and they are able to cool it run from DIESEL!!!

There are many things people take for granted in this life....If I have to buy bottled water instead of drinking FLAMMABLE water from a tap....So be it.....More important things come from oil than you realise....

Until they come up with alternative means of powering things, this is the best solution right now, and I love doing what I do with oil......If there is alternative "better" means of powering said items, I will defend it to the max also!!

The small details people get wrapped up in are tiny particles compared to what fracking adds to our country!! If this is the best way of doing it and 90% of all natural gas and oil wells are done this way....SO BE IT!!!

Your excuses for the said victims aren't excuses at all....That is negligance to themselves, if they continue drinking FLAMMABLE water!!! That is what makes us a fantastic country to live in, the stores sell a 28 pack of bottled water at the store for a whopping $3!!! How much water do you think the average person drinks a month?? What you are talking about it a $12 bill MAX a month for drinking water....Which negates the amount you pay for city water to drink it a month....

Sorry but I am a realist, I don't condemn the people doing us a great service!! Our military kills hundreds of people a day....And nothing from you about that....Costs our country billions a year and they kill innocent people daily...But your complaint is about someone force feeding themselves poisonus flammable water???

Wow I guess I just think differently than some people.....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here is the video for you people who believe it is either video or it didn't happen.

video.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralvenderfry

WTF has a talc mine got to do with this??!!

3rd: Good on yuo OP for bringing some facts to this place - don't expect teh resident nutjobs to thank you tho - anyone who takes a rational attitude on here is obviously a paid govt disinfo shill!!

edit on 25-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Fracturing gels are usually made with food grade guar or xanthan. The same gelling agents used in your store-bought ice cream or salad dressings...mixed with water.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join