It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Exec Takes Swig of Fracking Fluid...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here for all of you who think the fracking fluids are dangerous....

Why would a Halliburton executive actually drink this stuff if it wasn't safe??

Take a look at the actual site for more information on this breaking information!!!

www.foxnews.com...

My personal beliefs lead me to believe that if an executive is willing to drink this stuff, then this should be case closed for anyone believing this is dangerous to a water supply!!

Let's discuss!!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't personally think it's dangerous either, however in all fairness.. there's no guaranteeing he took a swig of the real stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

During a keynote lunch speech at the conference presented by the Colorado Oil and Gas Association, Halliburton Co. CEO Dave Lesar talked about addressing public concerns about hydraulic fracturing, which extracts natural gas by blasting a mix of water, chemicals and sand underground. He raised a container of Halliburton's new fracking fluid made from materials sourced from the food industry, then called up a fellow executive to demonstrate how safe it was by drinking it, according to two attendees.

If it's so safe, why order a minion to drink it?

link   
They are willing to drink their own poison to make a point.

Amusing

link   
Shhhhhhhh, you'll upset the fracking trolls. Why do I feel like I'm in an episode of BSG?

Seriously though, I'm glad he drank it. Let's see if he dies in the next few days. I just wonder what kinds of unintended consequences fracking may cause, with fault lines, etc. I'm just glad anytime I hear we're using our own oil, rather than paying terrorists for theirs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How do you know it was the fluid used?

Did they tell you?

link   
Chrisfishenstein your going on my fraud list.

link   
reply to post by miniatus

You never know about anything that is posted in the news, but for someone to actually feel that confident that the fluid isn't harmful and drink it speaks numbers in my mind!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Good....I don't like you anyways!!

link   
In my opinion this does not prove much. The reason being that A.) We cannot be sure of what he actually drank, and B.) He only ingested a small quantity of the "fluid." If it were dangerous to underground water, no one would know it until people started getting sick.

In larger quantities, which is what we are talking about if it gets into drinking water, no one knows what the consequences may be. The Executive who drank the supposed fracking-fluid could have even gotten sick later. Who knows? These are the reasons I believe this stunt does not prove anything.

link   
Reminds me of a UK politician making his kid eat a burger during the mad cows outbreak...and theres a texas oil boss who has drunk crude oil out of the well...all i can say to them all is good luck with the health insurance lolol

link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

This is from a Fox news report.....Why am I attempting to get burnt at the cross here?? Read the fracking article (pun intended) and then comment!!! GEEEEEEEESH

link   
In the words of the well known cartoon chef "Chef"
"Frackin' fluids my ass"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
They SAY it was fracking fluid. Probably a big 'ol dry martini

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by JennaDarling

This is from a Fox news report.....Why am I attempting to get burnt at the cross here?? Read the fracking article (pun intended) and then comment!!! GEEEEEEEESH

Nah I don't read fox news... I only get my news from ATS, a trusted news source.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Damn they will do anything to try an save face after that Gasland Movie Surfaced...

A Halliburton spokeswoman didn't respond to a question asking how that executive is doing now, or who he is. Instead, she referred a reporter to a web page on CleanStim. The Houston company, which has operations in about 80 countries, has said the product shouldn't be considered edible. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So a nobody speaker gets paid to drink something in a glass that is supposed to be their New Fracking Fluid that they aren't even using yet and that makes it safe in your mind??? If I were in a drinking contest with you an I pounded down 2 liters of water in a minute and call it Vodka would you smell the bottle or just pay up??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
LOL this convices you, OP? Really!? best laugh all day. First off the company provided the water sample (laughing)......then the CEO gives it to someone else to drink (laughing harder).

So honestly, you would drink water from there?

(laughter subsiding; tear on cheek)

Too bad Cheney wasnt they one taking "the swig". Is he still involved with Halliburton? i'm not up to date on the movement of government criminals.
edit on 23-8-2011 by PjZ101 because: add

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Halliburton developed a new fracking additive a couple years back that contains no toxic (in small doses like those found in a normal frack job) materials.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Benzene, Toluene ,Ethylbenzene,Xylene, Naphthalene, 1-methylnapthalene ,
2-methylnapthalene, Dimethnapthalenes ,Fluorenes,Phenanthrenes,Fumaric acid,
adipic acid,methyl tert-butyl ether,boric acid,ethylene glycol,isapropanol,
ethanol,2-butoxyethanol,Hydrochloric acid,Formic acid,Diammonium peroxidisulfate,
Ammonium persulfate,Ammonium sulfate,Glycol ethers,2-broma-2nitrol, 3-propanediol,
2,2-dibroma-3-nitrilopropionamide,2-bromo-3-nirtrilopropionamide,
Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons,Polycyclic organic matter,Methanol,
Proparyl alcohol,Thiourea,Propan-2-cl.

Thats your average Fracking Fluid Composition there, if you believe the guy is chugging
on that your out of your mind... go watch gasland or something and learn the truth about
Hydraulic fracturing and how dangerous it is..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join