It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dead after being pepper sprayed and "arrested"(beaten) by 11 officers. (UK)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

After HE had called the police because someone had threatened him with a gun. (as alleged in the article) Stuff like this makes my blood boil. Why would anyone bother phoning the police after this? If you're in trouble, you're not going to be able to count on them to protect you. Plain and simple.

A 25-year-old man collapsed and died after being overpowered with CS spray as he was being arrested by up to eleven police officers. Jacob Michael was sprayed in the face inside his home in the Widnes area of Cheshire, but managed to flee officers before being brought down on a verge 30 metres away. He was taken to a police station where he suddenly became unwell and was rushed to hospital by ambulance. He was pronounced dead two hours later. Today police watchdog the Independent Police Complaints Commission confirmed it had begun an investigation into Monday's incident. Tests are due to be carried out into how Michael died. The dead man - who was known as Jake - had been with his family and is believed to have dialled 999 himself over a threat made to him when police arrived at the semi-detached home at 5pm. Police said they were arresting him on suspicion of affray but there was a struggle and Michael was blasted in the face with the spray. Despite him being temporarily blinded by the effects, Michael managed to run out of the house and got to a grass verge before being tackled and brought to the ground by other police officers who were waiting nearby. Neighbour Ann Blease, 40, said: 'I didn't know Jake that well but he seemed like a good lad, he was pleasant and good with all the kids, very friendly and happy-go-lucky. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

You see, this is the angle you'll be hearing from the police, and I'm sure the next little tidbit will be left out of any of their statements.

'His mum told me Jake was the one who rang the police himself, saying that someone was threatening him with a gun. 'They started chasing him and hitting him in the back of the legs with batons. They said, "Why don't you stand up and give yourself some dignity," to him. But he couldn't even stand up after they'd hit him with the batons. 'It was so upsetting to see. I couldn't believe the police could do that. It was like something you see on those TV cop shows. 'I went to speak to his mum. She didn't know what happened. She was mortified when they knocked on her door those hours later and told her, "Your son's died". 'They had banged his head on the floor and they were giving him punches. He was already handcuffed and he was restrained when I saw him. I don't know what happened in the house, I just saw when they were on the street. 'He was shouting, "Help me, help me". He wasn't coherent. I don't know why they were bringing him in for affray. It doesn't matter, he didn't deserve that. 'He's never been in trouble before as far as I know. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What with the death of another young man last week, and one the weeks before which started riots. Are the police deliberatly trying to kick things off? I totally wouldn't put it past the filthy slime. And this, which sounds like it was a brutal killing. (and I am actually a little shocked that the mail has actually printed these eye witness reports) I can see this kicking things off again. Their plan to do it last time failed, so they needed to go in with a more clandestine murder.

'They seemed to be kneeing him in the back of the head. I counted 11 cops. They were all sat on him, giving him a kicking and giving him side digs. There was one woman officer, the rest were men, and she was getting her kicks in as well. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 23/8/2011 by Acidtastic because: edit title

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Cutting back on court costs?

Just skip Step 2.

For non leathal weappons, they sure kill a lot of people... Plastic bullets,.... Pepper sprays... Tazers..

The mainland UK police ARE armed.

edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So in one hand you have lazy ass police that sit back and let a man get a beating(seen it happen a lot) and then you have idiots like this.

where do we get them from?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

'I didn't know Jake that well but he seemed like a good lad

Not exactly a good reference is she?

We had a police shooting in my city a couple of days ago.
Mom said he was a good boy and would never do that.

At least until the security video showed up with him struggling for 2 minutes with a lone officer. The police chased him for 3 blocks after seeing him with a gun at a festival for 'families'. At the end the officer felt the need to back off and fire.

His rap sheet didn't match up the his mothers opinion of him.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
totally uncalled for and very sad, all officers should be fired and charged for some degree of murder
for
1. not being able to handle 1 person with out beating them into a pulp
2. letting that many people beat on 1 person is insane period.

sounds like internal bleeding or some sort of head trama

ANYONE STILL THINK THEY WOULD TURN THIER KIDS IN TO THESE GORILLAS????

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Would someone like that who was a criminal call the police because someone threatened him? Gang culture doesn't really go running to the police when it's threatened, it fights back. Give the lad a chance, there used to be a saying, which doesn't seem to apply anymore for some reason. "innocent until proven guilty"

edit- this was in replt to samkent, not the immediate post above......
edit on 23/8/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist
totally uncalled for and very sad, all officers should be fired and charged for some degree of murder
for

Yes, one mother did with her olympic hopeful child in the riots.

UK is dying, sociably, starting with the family. then the neighbourhood.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So sad..wonder how these police officers would react ..if something of this nature happened to their son..or nephew ?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

What with the death of another young man last week, and one the weeks before which started riots. Are the police deliberatly trying to kick things off? I totally wouldn't put it past the filthy slime. And this, which sounds like it was a brutal killing. (and I am actually a little shocked that the mail has actually printed these eye witness reports) I can see this kicking things off again. Their plan to do it last time failed, so they needed to go in with a more clandestine murder

If what has been reported is true then this is truly a disgusting case and the police officers involved should feel the full force of the law against them. I don’t know the ins and outs of this but whatever this guy did the police officers job is to enforce the law, not pass judgement and beat a restrained man.

However, to use this as an excuse for more riots would be pathetic and childish and show just how dumb rioters are... especially when you consider that their main target was shops and people’s homes. Looting small business and beating up members of the public is hardly an intelligent protest against the system is it!?!?

The vast majority of rioters were opportunistic maggots so let’s hope it doesn’t go that way.

For now my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim and I hope that the truth comes to the surface soon so that they may find justice, or at the very least, know the facts.

Peace

edit on 23-8-2011 by Muckster because: spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Guess the government wants more riots. We have a website in the U.S. that publishes all of the police misconduct each day. I kid you not, there's an average of 25 - 30 incidents EACH DAY. Police beating someone, raping a woman, doing drugs, etc. And those are just the ones that are published.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by all answers exist
for

Yes, one mother did with her olympic hopeful child in the riots.

UK is dying, sociably, starting with the family. then the neighbourhood.

yea that was exactly was I was referring to, I 100% disagree

in a perfect world with rainbows and butterflies I would too, but that is not the case, so I don't believe in it they get caught they do the time but to turn your family or anyone over to these gorillas (cause they are clearly not people) is insane, I'd arrest them myself if I believed the whole criminal justice system wasn't a joke that lets sick criminals off for technicalities and puts people that can't afford to fight the pyramid of lawyers behind bars

it likes asking someone do you like to play games with cheaters?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Man, that sounds like something that would happen in America, where they get you when you call the cops. I'd never think they'd do that in the UK too.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

That's ok then, everyone else is wrong and these 11 officers were correct, i need look no further then, i will just go on your insinuation.

Reasonable force, when does that translate to throwing battons and hitting him with them? Sad thing is if these scum are found to be guilty of any wrong doing they will be out of a job lol, they think they are the system, they are not, they are the problem withthe system.

I understand that it is frustrating to you people in law enforcement to deal with the same people day in and day out, but when did you all become judge , jury and executioner? Sadly most of you do not have the intelligence after a short time in the job to realise that each human being you deal with is different to the last, This says alot about your intelligence. 1 day some of you may get it, but i seriously doubt it.

I will be making a point of writing to the chief constable of that region and letting him know what i think of the type of officers he is employing, i hope the parents sue the chief constable as the officers answer to him, then there will be no protection, look at the scum who decked the innocent guy in london when the summit was on, he later died and he had been walking home from work lol, typical corporate police scumbag, where is he now? getting ready for trial on manslaughter grounds, great.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Han't Camercon just appointed an American cop in charge of some branch? I'm only saying this because I've seen lots of stories of this kind of violence by US police, posted here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

'I didn't know Jake that well but he seemed like a good lad

Not exactly a good reference is she?

We had a police shooting in my city a couple of days ago.
Mom said he was a good boy and would never do that.

At least until the security video showed up with him struggling for 2 minutes with a lone officer. The police chased him for 3 blocks after seeing him with a gun at a festival for 'families'. At the end the officer felt the need to back off and fire.

His rap sheet didn't match up the his mothers opinion of him.

Well, she knows a whole lot more about him than you do. Your insinuations are based on nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
reply to post by samkent

That's ok then, everyone else is wrong and these 11 officers were correct, i need look no further then, i will just go on your insinuation.

Reasonable force, when does that translate to throwing battons and hitting him with them? Sad thing is if these scum are found to be guilty of any wrong doing they will be out of a job lol, they think they are the system, they are not, they are the problem withthe system.

I understand that it is frustrating to you people in law enforcement to deal with the same people day in and day out, but when did you all become judge , jury and executioner?

I'd say they were thugs, pure and simple. If some youths had done this to him they would be being branded morons and lambasted across all the front pages.

Sadly most of you do not have the intelligence after a short time in the job to realise that each human being you deal with is different to the last, This says alot about your intelligence. 1 day some of you may get it, but i seriously doubt it.

I will be making a point of writing to the chief constable of that region and letting him know what i think of the type of officers he is employing, i hope the parents sue the chief constable as the officers answer to him, then there will be no protection, look at the scum who decked the innocent guy in london when the summit was on, he later died and he had been walking home from work lol, typical corporate police scumbag, where is he now? getting ready for trial on manslaughter grounds, great.

What training and instructions are the police being given that makes them think it's ok to do this? Something or someone is inciting this police violence, somewhere along the line.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
However this incident came about - whether started by a criminal act fron "Jake", or by some other means from the police - the outcome is truly grim.

I am seriously anxious that this will lead to further rioting as we can all take a pretty good guess at where that will get us in the long run.

It does feel like the UK is broken. Even where I live, admittedly in a social housing area, I have seen vast changes in the local polulace in the 6 years I have been here. Whereas back then it was young families with young kids and nothing out of the ordinary, now, those kids are teens/young adults and many like to make their presence felt in a variety of ways. I have even been shouted at and intimidated because of how me and my dog look

It's as though the whole attitude of people has changed, or is changing. I'm not going to speculate where the blame for this lies, again we can all draw our conclusions, but however the changes are coming about they are gaining momentum and people are becoming more and more "on guard".

I don't know how this can or will be fixed. I only hope it does get fixed.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mouldilocks

really shocked....is this the uk? Yes I too feel people are really changing here. The last couple of years its been dreadful in the uk. Everyone seems to be out to scam somebody else, no community spirit left.

To me it feels like being in some kind of alternate reality, all sense of reason is gone. The logic just isn't there at all. It feels like a downward spiral. I just want to leave now please

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

Yeah, this is the UK, though I struggle to wrap my head around it. I agree 100% on it seeming like some sort of alternate reality, parallel universe or somesuch! We live in strange times.

But as we're seeing more events as per the OP, I'm worried that before long we'll start to consider that changes as the norm. That community spirit you spoke of, which I (vaguely) recall, is dissipating.

If such events continue to escalate and increase, the "us" and "them" mentality will likely also become commonplace.

I hope the "community" in which this tragedy occurred is tight-knit, level headed and that - for whatever reason they claim to do it - the opportunists and band-waggoners don't jump onboard any future peaceful gathering of the people affected ( as with London's riots).

It is that community that this incident really affects, in the short term at least.

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I can see this kicking things off again

Me too. Let's hope we're wrong

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In 2003, after a couple of years in University (didn't make it!) I moved back home and started looking for a job. I saw an ad in the paper looking for aboriginal RCMP officers training. I applied and filled out all the paper work, things were looking good! I went in for an interview, and they asked me about the post secondary education that I went for and then they said they would call me. Two days later, they called and said "DENIED!!!"

About 2 years ago, I had my cousin staying with me, he just finished bible college. His dad wanted him to be minister, but he had dreams of being a soldier for years. He applied for the army, took a couple of test, physical and mental, and all checked out! When they asked about his education he said he went to college! Instantly "DENIED!" Then the recruiter actually told him "We don't want anyone who has post-secondary education joining, they have to be able to do their duties without thinking or questioning what they are doing!" Apparently he was too smart to be a soldier! He went on to be a luggage handler. Go figure!

So, with my "smarts" I put 2 and 2 together, and figured that's probably why I wasn't recruited as an officer! All these years later, I have yet to see more then 2 aboriginal RCMP officers in my town! What was all the ads for, was that all that signed up?
edit on (23/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join