It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrowing pictures of devastation following the D.C. quake.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

While I admit I did laugh as it is pretty funny....

This could also turn out to be a not to funny "foot in mouth" post as EQ's aren't solo and its too soon to say "its over"...
edit on 23-8-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Haha, epic. I saw the first picture and was like...wait a sec, maybe it will get worse. This thread filled the large hole in my heart, if only for a little while.
Seriously though, I think this thread says it all.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hahahahaha!!! Love it! Good post

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The depends are still in place, crisis averted

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was a few inches away from that chair when it fell. I dont know if this is a joke or what. But this is serious. I could have goten scraped. My life was in danger.Stop making jokes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Wow - had to tell you I just got the biggest belly laugh I've ever had on ATS - as a 40 year California resident transplanted to Southwest Virginia 5 years ago, your insight and humor landed with a bullseye.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I agree - but right now everybody needed a good dose of common sense - and I like my common sense best served with humor, and pictures too!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I hope you took cover under that plastic table when the EQ hit.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Oh, i laughed so hard now. The chair is classic!

edit on 8/23/2011 by qonone because: 20 points!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Actually..
The National Cathedral, got 3 of the towers damaged.
One of them got really damaged!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca0faa1664cd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Please stop the fear mongering!!!

I live in DC and can assure you that that is the usual state of CVS store floors.

That lawn chair does worry me though ... it's supposed to be upright.

This is the best respons so far.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We must not allow such devestation to go forgotten, we must take the war to our enemies and start drilling to get back at the earth's crust. EXPAND THE WAR AGAINST TERROR TO INCLUDE MOTHER NATURE!

smoke 'em out!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All the NEWS isn't in yet to determine WHO HAS BEEN HURT OR KILLED...so while you think it's funny to joke around... I'm sure the victims of EarthQuakes will NOT be laughing with you.

After shocks can be far more dangerous then the actual initial event.

It's great to see how many S&F you got for this... it just re-confirms the fact that there are FAR to many people these days that are so harrowing in their shallow self-righteous AS long as it's them and NOT ME thinking.

Laugh away... in the mean-time, looking to find ways to possibly help can be of a far greater importance. After all... (wait for it) you'll be screaming the loudest when you need help because of a Harrowing Experience.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nooo this is Surely HAARP tryng to kill off worms so your gardens wont be prosperous...I think there's a thread that covers this here ...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

You do realize that laughter/humor is a defense mechanism to relieve stress/anxiety?

I'm quite sure no one here is trying to minimize the situation.

How were the tremors that high on thy horse?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Scariest thing about a 5.9 Earthquake is knowing I'm going to have to hear my Girlfriend Ramble about it for a week because shes from Virgina an we now live in California

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
haha EPIC! star for you sir

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Whenever a eathquake hits any other country, AMerica and her citizens stand up and help as much as we can. This earthquake thank goodness didnt do real damage, but your replys are sickening. I feel like the entire world watches america and waits for us to be devistated. What would you people do if we didnt come to the rescue when you have a natural disaster? Ya we have a corrupt government, but we the citizens actually care when a natural disaster hits one of our neighbors abroad. You people are sickening and haters to the utmost. I would like to say, just wait for the next disaster hopefully we americans will react like you people, but hey, we americans are not calis and vlel we actually care. That said, I wish you all good life and good ways, I wish you realize we are all on the same planet living in the same air. we need each other for the clock to go tick-tock.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
Whenever a eathquake hits any other country, AMerica and her citizens stand up and help as much as we can. This earthquake thank goodness didnt do real damage, but your replys are sickening. I feel like the entire world watches america and waits for us to be devistated. What would you people do if we didnt come to the rescue when you have a natural disaster? Ya we have a corrupt government, but we the citizens actually care when a natural disaster hits one of our neighbors abroad. You people are sickening and haters to the utmost. I would like to say, just wait for the next disaster hopefully we americans will react like you people, but hey, we americans are not calis and vlel we actually care. That said, I wish you all good life and good ways, I wish you realize we are all on the same planet living in the same air. we need each other for the clock to go tick-tock.

Whoh easy there....Lol there is a lot of Americans having a laugh about this...It's a 5.9 hahaha I sleep through these in California at least once a year.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

reply to post by lbndhr

You both need to understand that this is a

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join