It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have never been prouder to be an ATS member than I am today. Thanks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ATS has become a second home for me, while I may not agree with all members and much dont agree with me and my point of views, the bottom line is, we all share a common interest and that is the well being of humanity

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I totally agree intrepid.

Without even thinking about it, the first thing I did when I got my senses back and after getting our employees back into our building, was log into ATS.

I posted to let everyone know that the quake had hit Delaware too. The Mod then moved me in the right direction so we could all be in one thread. Thanks Mod, that was quick, smart and efficient!

Oddly enough, my first stop wasn't MSNBC, Washington Post or any other outlet. It was here.

It left me wondering, what the crap am I going to do if the internet is down during a crisis?
I therefore must immediately request, all members address info, cell numbers and meet-up destinations pronto! Especially those of the Mod's and any other top-notch experts. Just kidding....

Anyway, a sincere thanks should go to ATS and it's members today!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Well it's because we are one big family

er one big dysfunctional family

but yep that is cool and nice
to see @Intrepid!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
i have known for ages, ats is a properly excellent site for more than just news . Is it the best site on the net ? Um google earth I am rating that too

By the way , here in southern UK the first I heard of this was likely yesterday afternoon when it was reported to me how a six pint pack of milk deceided itself to leap onto the shop floor, and split in all directions .
Now I am going to attempt to correlate the timings . Before work.
Damn it it is all so addictive

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This was the first place I came to when I heard about the quake. In fact, whenever I want the truth about something I check-in to ATS. Within minutes I'll have the facts on any particular subject.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

If anyone read the last post then I have come back to inform them, yes it would be approximately dead on time that milk was flowing on asda floor > the uk and states have always had a natural sympathy ,or have they ?
And it is just great how the obelisk is leaning over , you just couldnt write the plot > or could you ?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This east coast earthquake was a real eye opener for me. Within 30 minutes there were 3 dozen threads on the subject. People wanting to let everyone know what was going on. People wanting to know what was going on. People concerned for fellow members. We can forget at times, especially with todays politics, that we are in this together. It's happened to me. I feel I have to thank the membership for reminding me what an AWESOME community that we have here. You guys ARE the best. Thank you.

I'm sure 3 dozen threads didn't help out ATS with organic rankings with the search engines.

You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm kinda out on the "one big family" thing, too. There are people here I wouldn't want anywhere near my family!

But then, there are probably 25 or so people that I do feel a connection with.

But come to think of it, there are those in my family I don't even like having around my family. lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I sent Conclusion 1 a message yesterday. Havn't heard from him yet. He works the coal mines in W.Virginia.
He's not on as much as he used to be so I'm sure I'll be hearing from him. But, if he was below when the quake hit ? He might have a good story for us.

Let me hear from you Conc ?

edit on 24-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Dang, you are so proud you made a new word! I always thought it was "more proud"

I have always tended to hold the belief that all and all, regardless of political positions or religious affiliations, We on ATS and hopefully all of Humanity would come together if needed. Heck, just last month there was a story of foreign donations to Joplin.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'll echo what you said.

Just recently, when I had a severe dose of the miseries, I got some very kind replies. I was grateful for the trouble people took and they deserve a mention here, too. We have some very caring members.

And Whaaa - "people like you"
I certainly do - your witty posts really have made me laugh out loud

I always look forward to your reading your contributions when one scrolls up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just a minnow in the sea here,but I come to ATS first,for all news. I know that what I find here has been scrutinized,and will quickly be confirmed or denied. Yesterday,I was able to pass along information quickly to those I care for. That is comforting,to all concerned. Thank you. And thank you to all who are so diligent here. This truly is a great community.

You started something good when you launched ATS. Epic,more like.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join