It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Your Nose Itch Before The Great East Coast EQ Of 2011?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Okay, first off. I understand earthquakes are no laughing matter. That being said, I just got through around 8 pages of the main earthquake thread for the east coast and couldn't take it anymore!

I will also acknowledge the fact that many different types of animals, and humans (so they claim) can notice subtle to drastic changes in how they feel. I even believe this is true to a certain extent...

But come on...The quake was felt from Atlanta to Ontario according to reports. Just think how many tens of millions of people are located there. Compare that to every other day and how many people on the East Coast get headaches, nausea, diarrhea, crotch itch... etc... each day.

I know many of the people posting in that thread have never been in an earthquake, and it may be a big deal to them. But come one, earthquakes are normal. I am in Ontario and I think I can remember 2 already this year that I felt. That is not including the little ones we get every day that no one feels.

I never thought I would ever see so many people thinking their heartburn helped predict the earthquake

If anyone cares, I had sushi right before the quake. I never have Sushi! It must be a sign!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yup, right before leaving work I got punched in the leg by a co-worker...then picked my daughter up from daycare 2 hours early!!!!

The poles are shifting ahhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Somewhere, someone's daddy made them pull their finger, and then their world was shaking

They're never going to do that again....:shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Great East Coast EQ

I think you should save that title for something larger than a 6.0.

I wouldn't be surprised though, Human intuition will always reign supreme, you just need to listen to your body.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My toaster went off with my toast right before the earthquake reports started coming in, does that mean my toaster can see the future?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I think you should save that title for something larger than a 6.0.

LOL I think you missed my sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If I am not mistaken, I think that was sarcasm. OP makes a good point. These days people are awfully sensitive to small bits of change or abnormality. I think it is because people are waiting for something big to happen, so anytime something looks like it could be big, it gets blown out of proportion.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Lol, my apologies then. Been on here most of the morning hearing people say it's the end of the world, so it just kinda struck me as another overly-exaggerated thread

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No worries, I miss out on sarcasm too sometimes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Could this be the start to the New madrid fault line acting up like was predicted to do? ugh ohh I just got diarrhea we are all doomed. Jk I wish I could of felt it in Florida just a hurricane here thats all

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was laying in my bed, kind of relaxed 30 minutes before the aftershock struck over here in PA.

I was just relaxed and I was staring in the hallway, and I started to see auras. My nephew walked by me, and I just stared at him, with half closed eyes. He looked at me weird and walked back down stairs.

I thought it was weird, it felt like all the colors around me were extremely rich... and it only happened for a few seconds. Probably 5-10 seconds, then I couldn't do it any more.

After that I went downstairs and sat in the kitchen just staring off into space, then i felt it. After it happened, I was back to my normal social, lively self.

*Shrug*

No diarrhea here, lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Come to to think of it my nose itched and there was this spot in my ear that was itching so badly. and now weird that its gone.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nope. It was a non-event for me .. I felt it, it was not a big deal .. caused some localized damage in my area ( a few cracked windows ) but earthquakes happen, even around here folks.. just not every day.

The paranoia around this event is both amusing and annoying to be honest =) it's really not a big deal..this was a moderate quake, and quakes of this size can happen every hundred years or so .. indeed VA had a quake exactly this size in the 1850s .. so they were probably due for it.. Ohio had an EQ last year and one yesterday in fact, but it was minor.. The earth has to stretch it's legs every now and again, pressure builds below the surface and that pressure has to be released at some point.

top topics

join