It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the LIVE news video feeds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Washington DC arguably has the highest concentration of news cameras waiting to broadcast the least little thing coming out of the capital, newsworthy or not, yet with the DC EQ, most of on-the-scene reports are coming in via cell phones, but MSM is showing static views of the Capitol dome and a few other places. What happened to the video feeds? The few I've seen so far are so disrupted & glitchy that they look like they're being transmitted from the other side of the planet. It would seem that the city that wields the most power in the world would be better prepared or have back-up systems in place.

It may have nothing to do with the EQ as I noticed this last night with reports coming in from Libya, so I was thinking the recent extreme solar flare activity may be the culprit, but I was hoping someone with a better understanding of communications transmissions could shed some light on this?

ETA: The most frequent cry I hear on ATS is "Pictures or it didn't happen." The MSM are saying " It's OK, no damage....uh...wait...some damage...uh wait...more damage." A traffic cam shot of the undamaged Capitol does not fill the bill.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

You got a live feed from..
.. Fox DC Live TV

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The fbi confiscated them like the 911 tapes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There was a series of earthquakes in that area, so it might have been because of that. Quite a few states felt it.

new topics

top topics

join