It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm down people - the DC quake is not the end of the world.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Who the hell said it was the end of the world? It was an very rare occurence (on East Coast) that millions of people felt over hundreds of miles. That is the reason for the excitement, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abney
Colorado has their largest EQ in 40 years today.

Virginia has their largest EQ in 114 years today.

Two states in one day? Not normal.

Largest ever in the history of Earth?

This is what I'm trying to get at here, the lack of common sense and reasoning.

Here's a relatively speaking recent compilation of Colorado's earthquake history:
CO earthquake history.

Also in Virginia, there were two moderate earthquakes in 2003:
4.5 in VA - 2003

3.9 in VA - 2003

Earthquakes happen, Earth is a dynamically changing object.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
Who the hell said it was the end of the world? It was an very rare occurence (on East Coast) that millions of people felt over hundreds of miles. That is the reason for the excitement, nothing more, nothing less.

Judging from all the Elenin/HAARP posts and what-not, it would seem people are jumping to ridiculous conclusions at an extreme speed - even for ATS standards.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmmm.. You know, it dawns on me that perhaps Aliens did indeed seed the Earth with our DNA, and speed up the process. Because for a species that has lived on this planet from cave man to space man and endured everything this planet has thrown at us along the way, we seem so damn new, with so many cave men looking for the boogieman in the bushes, ignoring the fact that we understand why the wind blows...

"Find it this time?"
"No. Got away."
"Riightt... next time, aye?"
"hrmph"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

This isnt is normal i agree with that.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll have to agree. 2 abnormal earthquakes ate the same latitude on the same day is quite suspicious.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll have to agree. 2 abnormal earthquakes at the same latitude on the same day is quite suspicious.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I'll have to agree. 2 abnormal earthquakes ate the same latitude on the same day is quite suspicious.

yup. no ones saying that's the end of the world, but that being the topic, yes our days are numbered. no empire lasts more than a few millenia anyways.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

This isnt normal i agree with that.

Well, brace yourself. It may be the "new" normal.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you could show us where anyone said it WAS the end of the world, that would be a start.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
there is nothing unusual about this mini quake . It happens more off-ton then people realize its just that most range from 2.0 to 3.5 in the northeast .
But this is ATS and if its not aliens or bigfoot or the end of the world or some big government idea to imprison and kill us all it cant be posted here.
Back before the invent of the internet and ATS I use to get the SUN.
Or as weird al says i seen it in the evening star frogboy is back.
ill tell you read the post her enjoy the time off from the Real world and go back when your through.
Ever once in a wile less off-ton then Fox there will be a real stories here just to put some life into ATS .
Good luck reading through the other 1000 post to find it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join