It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CrazyExpectations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am new to this site but not completely new to computers. This site has an infinite amount of links in which to get lost, but I'm not complaining about that. I would simply like to know to what page I go in order to turn on the HTML. I have seen the BB codes but I prefer HTML.

Furthermore, I tried to post this with the heading HTML vs BB but the crazy amount of saved threads followed by the crazy expectation that a person is going to read all those threads prevented me from posting. I received the message that the thread already existed. Hmmm, well perhaps it should be an faq listing. BB codes are listed but not HTML, or at least not that I have seen yet.

I am rather inclined to like this site, thus I will continue to try and find my way around, but some things take precedence over others in making oneself feel at home. What say ye, oh overlords of the grand and irresistable ATS site? I would also appreciate some yay or nay opinions from the newbies. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Doh, I am going to have to submit to reading tons of
newbie posts I guess, for I have yet another question, and I'm off to do that as soon as I post this question. Can anyone tell me if access to Collaborative Fiction is granted via purchase of the secret forum access in the ATS store?

[edit on 8/20/2004 by Strianissa]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
hey Strianissa welcome to ATS

hope you enjoy your stay here

if you send moderator john bull 1 a u2u asking for allowance to post in collaborative fiction. it doesnt require you purchasing the secret forum to get permission.

dont really know much about your question regarding the html and bb coding.

any other questions feel free to u2u me

happy posting

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thank you so much rynaldo.

E_T

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
BB code is actually very easy, especially links are much easier(faster) to made with it so there's not much reason not to use it.

Well, maybe expect that tables would be good for positioning.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Hey there E_T,

Yeah, I'm not saying bb codes are hard. On the contrary, I agree with you. They are very simple. Here's the deal.
I saw the potential to have HTML turned on in the left column of the post reply page. I wanted it on and the bb codes off, so I embarked upon the mission of figuring out where in the Sam
I had to go to get HTML turned on
Apparently, the option in that left column was a farce, and I've come to accept this, heh. Thanks for the helpful intent. Later gator.

[edit on 8/21/2004 by Strianissa]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Jeez, I am just so happy to have new smilies. Hi, my name is Strianissa, and I'm a smilie-pheliac...heh. Every time I go into a new site where the smilie options are all new, I just get so freakin happy! Roflmao
K, I hope that is the most juvenile thing you come to hear me say...but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

join