It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Leaves of Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share this observation. People tend to look at the most prominent thing in a photo and not notice what is going on in the rest of it. Here's a Martian blueberry. Interesting, sure. But what about the curious curved markings next to it? Those that look like they might have once been tiny leaves or blades of grass. It's not a result of wind erosion, because that tends to make things all nice and smooth. These look like they might have been revealed by erosion, but are not an original part of the rock. Curious.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/786b01cdb9fb.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Could it not be wind erosion covered by dust ect? I dont know much about geology so i'm just wondering.

Whats the scale here? Is the round thing actually the size of a blueberry?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Did someone slip me a shroom or are there little blinky things flashing in your picture.

It's interesting, but I'd think you'd find evidence of trees first.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Cor blimey, that pic tripped me out! thought my eyes were tweeking until i realised there was flashing bits on it!! lol

As for leaves, I am not sure i agree! but non the less, interesting pic and theory!

Jah bless

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Those are more than likely the signs of electrical scarring. Also in the picture is what's known as a Martian Blueberry. Go to Thunderbolts and search blueberries. These spherical objects are most likely created from an electrical pinch.
If these spheres are hollow, that would remove most of the speculation.

Thunderbolts.info is the main site to research the Electric Universe theory.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ltdan08 because: explain the link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
From the source of the photo:

Microscopic Imager Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 125 of Opportunity's mission to Meridiani Planum at approximately at approximately 13:26:21 Mars local solar time, Microscopic Imager dust cover commanded to be OPEN. NASA/JPL/Cornell/USGS

It's a microscopic photo. The field of view is 31mm square (source), so the entire image is about 1-1/4" across. Conclusion: not leaves or blades of grass.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
It's a microscopic photo. The field of view is 31mm square (source), so the entire image is about 1-1/4" across. Conclusion: not leaves or blades of grass.

Possibly not your standard-size leaves or grass, but obviously something smaller that might serve a similar purpose. Or maybe even a larvae, like a mosquito larvae. What else might be so similar, regular, abundant and obviously different from the surrounding rock?

top topics

join