It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO activity of the sun within the past couple days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I figured I would go on the SOHO website and check out the activity of the Sun within the past couple days after talking to my sister in D.C. and a buddy in PA, the buddy of mine said there were a few CME's in the past couple days, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary.. I'm NOT saying that the bright (what appears to be) star/planet passing behind the Sun is not normal, but maybe someone who is more solar system savey than myself can explain.. ideas anyone?? Follow the link below and take a look.. thanks

31b

SOHO Image 08/19/2011 - 08/23/2011

DISCLAIMER: Not another ELEnin/Nibiru thread

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Get a refractor telescope, a herschel wedge (or cheaper primary film) and a camera (optional)

and go watch the Sun yourself.

It doesn't cost a lot to monitor the sun, unless you get into the Hydrogen Alpha and Calcium K bands for different layers.

But white light photosphere is cheap.

Why depend on NASA?

The most expensive part is the wedge (if you dont use solar film over the primary lens), and the mount, you could use an alt-azimuth mount on the cheap if it can take the scope weight, 5kg or so.

for other wavelengths, the etalons are the price of a small car

edit on 23-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Oh well the fact I'm one of the unemployed statistics right now
just got out of the Army, thinkin my experience would land me a CEO position (just kidding). Good to know
but I am improvising with NASA at the moment, which is why I'm trying to gain some Sun followers in here to explain the images.

There is no dates or times missing from the video so no possible conspiracy, except the bright light passing to the left of the sun (probably a planet).

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Oh well the fact I'm one of the unemployed statistics right now
just got out of the Army, thinkin my experience would land me a CEO position (just kidding). Good to know
but I am improvising with NASA at the moment, which is why I'm trying to gain some Sun followers in here to explain the images.

There is no dates or times missing from the video so no possible conspiracy, except the bright light passing to the left of the sun (probably a planet).

Join an astronomy club

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

thanks for the advice
I know a little about a lot.. wish I was more knowledgable like some others on ATS but I'll get there if I stay on this site long enough I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

thanks for the advice
I know a little about a lot.. wish I was more knowledgable like some others on ATS but I'll get there if I stay on this site long enough I'm sure.

Join a library.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Was there another light or whatever below it moving in sync? or those are just starz or debris?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You don't "join" a library
but I'm catching your drift

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

It's Venus.
Here's a handy reference.
www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Was there another light or whatever below it moving in sync? or those are just starz or debris?

Yea good catch.. There are two points of light moving in sync with the one above. I am not a big believer in something in space causing earthquakes.. but now that a big one happened in VA, PA, NC, RI, MI.. I think it might. What could those points be? Anything related you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage
I knew I would see you in here
and as always thanks for the info.. you don't see anything wierd obviously? What about those two lights moving in sync with each other?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Will you stop slapping yourself...

its disturbing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Not sure yet my friend if I do find any clues 1 shall share..

its funny too!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

How about sticking to the topic!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I got you MODS here....

THREAD FAIL

***THREAD CLOSED***

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Stars. Regulus and 31 Leo I think.
They move in sync because the spacecraft is moving. All the stars move in sync.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I figured I would go on the SOHO website and check out the activity of the Sun within the past couple days after talking to my sister in D.C. and a buddy in PA, the buddy of mine said there were a few CME's in the past couple days, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Correct. Nothing but whimpy B class flares:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85ecdefbef30.jpg[/atsimg]

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok.. well it seemed like a post that could bring a lot more ideas than it has.. oh well no news is good news I guess. Thanks Phage

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

The idea is to learn something.
Did ya?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for the post, and the info.. I am watching the news right now and it's kind of wierd MSM is "stressing" everyone to calm down that it's not a big deal.. something is up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join