It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange figures in the dendera tomb in egypt. Can some one explain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's the best I could find. It came from here.
The caption says it's from the Temple of Hathor but it does seem to be miscaptioned.
jon-atkinson.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Temple of Hathor is the modern name for Temple of Tentyra if I recall - fairly large complex and checking my reference there are 25+ sections of that temple - so could be almost anywhere in it.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
reply to post by Phage

What I find interesting, with the better pictures you linked too, is how two of the pillars or stands, have some sort of disk or ball between them and are resting on some kind of plate or something.

Maybe it could be a reference to the Baghdad Battery.

Your timeline is off.

The so-called Baghdad battery dates to between 500 and a thousand years later than this temple. So, even if you actually believe it is a battery, they'd have to have been psychic to reference it. It's from their future.

Of course, it's possible that you don't have a problem with this either.

Harte

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I remember studying this image a couple years back.
I've always got the feeling/idea that it might have something to do with the "Akashic Records".
But who knows. lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angrybadger

Hello all, I was watching ancient aliens on youtube recently and I spotted this image.I hop it shows up,I dont know how to embed.

It was talking about the dendera "light bulb" images. and while I dont subscribe to that idea,I did see an unusual image

Anyway I dont buy in to the ancient aliens theory really but am fascinated by puma punku and other ancient structures. So my question is this...If you can see the images,what do these four figures represent,?

It looks like theres some sort of device hooked up to their heads to suck out their wisdom or thoughts, i have never seen figures like these in egyptian art.I understand they use different figures to represent gods and whatnot,but these guys look strange ,look at their little ears...lol./

they also all seem to be slightly different and ...they are in frontal profile,Most other figures are depicted sideways.these guys are looking right out at us,

image hosting

postimage.org...

Hey mate,

Was just sitting at the computer, doing homework for University and came across somethng significant to this thread!

I'm studying Ancient Egyptian Religious thought this semester and was learning bout a goddess named Hathor. Turns out she is sometimes depicted as a head on top of a column, in a wig and with cow ears.

I think this is VERY close to the heads in your picture. Check out the comparison.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33c60e2d8bbe.jpg[/atsimg]

So your pic seems to be an image depicting Hathor.

FYI - Info regardng Hathor (direct from my notes lol):

- Universal Cow Goddess, symbolic mother of the Pharaoh
- "Manison of Horus" , "Lady Of The Sky"
- Her womb protected the 'Hawk God'
- Daughter of Sun God - Ra.
- Represented as:
- Lithe lady w/ cow horns and sun disk on head
- Completely bovine as 'Great Wild Cow'
- As a pillar topped with a human head wearing a wig and with cow ears.

So i hope this helps.

My theory is your image from Dendara is depicting the vessel on the left being 'filled' with the protective 'essence'/motherly instinct/ protection of Hathor...? Thoughts

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just realised too that inyour image the two columns depicting Hathor on the right seem to be carrying a Sun-Disk upon a solar boat.

I strongly suspect this is indicative of Hathor protecting the Sun God/Hawk God? in its journey through the cosmos. Remember Hathor's role as 'Lady Of The Sky', daughter of Sun God, Ra, and her womb PROTECTING the Hawk God.

I still dont know what the cords attached the Hathor's head/s means though.

EDIT TO ADD:

Ok just found some more stuff out.

- Dendera is where Hathor's temple. precinct is.
- Hathor is often depicted as 'The Seven Hathors' - seven different cows which determine the destiny of a new born child. Thing is, they are often depicted in FOURS, not sevens, as:

i Lady of the House of Jubilation
ii - iii Mistresses of the west
iv - v Mistresses of the east
vi - vii Ladies of the sacred land

So now im confident this image is depicting the Four Hathors 'sending' the child's destiny to the basket most likely contaning the child. The cords could be symbolic umbilical cords connectng the child to Hathor while it 'recieves' its destiny.

ANOTHER EDIT: The sun disk being cradled by the two Hathor heads on the right could be symbolic of the fact that the sun rises in the East, which would be the right hand side of the image.

Nailed it?

edit on 23-8-2011 by srsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok, one more then ill quit with the chain posts.

The below is taken from The Routledge dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses (George Hart):

SISTRUM
The bronze sacred rattle ‘sesheshet’ in Egyptian – popular into the Roman world – which was shaken in honour of Hathor, consisted of a column-handle with coweared Hathor at the top surmounted by a loop, across the width of which stretched three or four horizontal bars piercing small disks that would jangle. There was also the ceremonial sistrum made of glazed composition terminating in a naos or shrine, which was meant to be a votive offering to the goddess.

I think our image is four Sistrum's connected to the vessel/shrine on the left.

Underlying meaning previously posted remains relevant to the image. Egyptians often 'layered' meaning in their reliefs.

Of course i must add that this is just a textbook definition, we can never be sure if the textbooks are revealing or hiding truth. My personal belief is that textbooks print many, many lies, its up to us to determine what we feel is actual truth

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice one, Srsen!

Harte

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

I totally agree was the first thing that came to mind as soon as i saw the picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
- Dendera is where Hathor's temple. precinct is.
- Hathor is often depicted as 'The Seven Hathors' - seven different cows which determine the destiny of a new born child. Thing is, they are often depicted in FOURS, not sevens, as:

i Lady of the House of Jubilation
ii - iii Mistresses of the west
iv - v Mistresses of the east
vi - vii Ladies of the sacred land

So now im confident this image is depicting the Four Hathors 'sending' the child's destiny to the basket most likely contaning the child. The cords could be symbolic umbilical cords connectng the child to Hathor while it 'recieves' its destiny.

ANOTHER EDIT: The sun disk being cradled by the two Hathor heads on the right could be symbolic of the fact that the sun rises in the East, which would be the right hand side of the image.

Nailed it?

sounds very reasonable to me

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If the 'creatures' are similar to Hathor, then these could be calves, being hand reared???

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
thanks for all the replies guys,i knew some one here could figure these images out. I agree they seem to represent hathor with the little ears high on the head a giveaway.Some nice work with your posts esp srsen.

cheers i have been enlightened/

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Going a step further, I was intriged by the image/items above the "face of Hathor" and found this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c7d6e8c8013.jpg[/atsimg]

The sound of the sistrum is metallic, produced by a number of metal disks or squares, strung onto a set of transverse bars, set horizontally into a frame of varying design. Its sound was thought to echo that of a stem of papyrus being shaken. However, the acoustic effects were frequently extremely limited. The sistrum was suitable for beating a rhythmical accompaniment in open-air processions. Apuleius, the Roman philosopher, described a procession in honor of Isis, in The Golden Ass, where the rhythmic pattern was three beats followed by a pause on the fourth. The sound of the instrument seems to have been regarded as protective and also symbolic of divine blessing and the concept of rebirth. In addition to the symbolic significance of its sound, the shape and decoration of the sistrum relate it to the divine.

I don't think I agree with this explaination! Usually a sistrum looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d34e81c1041b.jpg[/atsimg]

Now I do see similarities, but distinct differences, in the fact that ususally the sistrum used for making music has the threads weaving through it where as the other doesn't. So are they really the same thing?

Then we have this image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ab4d2570b79.jpg[/atsimg]

We see in this image that there is a figure of a person inside this sistrum? The below link to the source of these images has full descriptions of various types of sistrums. However, for the particular image in question I find none of the descriptions satisfy my curiosity and doubt. Maybe someone has better answers for me.

Tour Egypt

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

They don't look like cows. Alien cat people from outerspace, not gods. The one photo looks
like a star gate door reference on top of the cat alien's head. Artists need true inspiration. People don't usually just make up things unless they are preschool aged. An idea for art comes from life usually. The whole Egyptian culture looks like a genetic engineering hot bed of activity. All of their art is very unusual and even scary to the viewer.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Still hard for me to believe the show in mention is really a link to aliens, but rather parts of ancient civilizations and the unique way they represent things of their lifetime(artwork, hieroglyphs, etc). I agree with the other posts on this; they appear to be representation of the Goddess Hathor, goblet looking in form showing the cow-like face.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Then we have this image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ab4d2570b79.jpg[/atsimg]

We see in this image that there is a figure of a person inside this sistrum? The below link to the source of these images has full descriptions of various types of sistrums. However, for the particular image in question I find none of the descriptions satisfy my curiosity and doubt. Maybe someone has better answers for me.

Tour Egypt

Hey julie,

Your image seems to be Hathor holding a sistrum. the main figure is Given away as hathor due to the fact that is a women, with cow horns andsun disk - this is Hathor. The Sistrum is obvious, though i havent found any info the small person inside the sistrum.

Based on my limited learnings thogh i can guess that is a depiction of the child connected to the Sistrum. Children are always depicted as physically smaller bengs in Egyptain art, so i would assume it is a child given the previous information provided regarding the Sistrum and a child's destiny.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They kinda resemble baboons. I'd like to see the entire picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hathors, yes, and I think that may be Nebtys on the right.

The problem with these images is that they're carefully cropped. There's writing all around the images -- prayers, names, dates, references to festivals, and so forth. I'd like to see it in context.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ancient Aliens gave Mankind the Wisdom to make Batterys.. Depicted in this picture is one of those batterys. A s other Heiroglyphs at Dendera

I was contacted by what I believe to be an ET . He was very human looking .. He told me these words and these words only.

"Put a Battery in the Sarcaphagus"

When I am done fully researching my theory about what The Great Pyramid really is , You will see that it involves a Battery as well.. A big one in the coffer.. And along with the Djed column " aka the releiving chambers" , Where going to turn something on.. That is , when I sneak into TGP and pull it off..LoL..

This is what Mankind and Ancient Alien Theorist have been waiting for.. This is the Primer .

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Tour Egypt

The explanation, "In Late Period representations, the sistrum was held by priestesses adoring the deity face to face. This intimacy was a female prerogative. Other deities, too, benefited from the presence of the sistrum." is plausible... the problem is that the photo isn't good enough for detail -- AND it's incomplete.

There's writing all around it which is chopped off (although I see the name of Osiris above the sistrum.) What I can't see (from the quality of the photo) is if that's Ra or Osiris or Anubis there. I thought it might be Anubis, but the picture has only moderate detail and it's not enough to see which deity it is. Given that this appears to be Hathor (which we really can't tell (sigh) without the hieroglyphs), I'd guess it's probably Ra in his hawk-headed form.

One of the most annoying aspects of the "Ancient Aliens" programs/photos/sites is that they show you just a tiny part of something. That's equivalent to showing you the logo on a Nike shoe ad and then speculating about the swoosh symbol without showing you the shoe, the rest of the ad, or anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join