It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange figures in the dendera tomb in egypt. Can some one explain.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hello all, I was watching ancient aliens on youtube recently and I spotted this image.I hop it shows up,I dont know how to embed.

It was talking about the dendera "light bulb" images. and while I dont subscribe to that idea,I did see an unusual image

Anyway I dont buy in to the ancient aliens theory really but am fascinated by puma punku and other ancient structures. So my question is this...If you can see the images,what do these four figures represent,?

It looks like theres some sort of device hooked up to their heads to suck out their wisdom or thoughts, i have never seen figures like these in egyptian art.I understand they use different figures to represent gods and whatnot,but these guys look strange ,look at their little ears...lol./

they also all seem to be slightly different and ...they are in frontal profile,Most other figures are depicted sideways.these guys are looking right out at us,

image hosting

postimage.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Or perhaps giving them knowledge? It doesn't always have to be someone stealing things....

Actually, taking another look, it would look more like a "sucking" rather than a push. The rivets in the "hose" would indicate more of a sucking than a pumping.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Juggernutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hair Dryers...DUH!!! Sorry, couldn't resist! Great find though. I have never seen it before.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yeah I mentioned it looked like they were sucking thoughts from the heads.Strange looking guys,they definately arent getting a blowdry at the local hairdressers cause their bald so Ill go with the wisdom sucking theory..maybe its a methaphor

edit..you got there before me with the hairdryer ..maybe those aliens travel light years across galaxies cause the egyptians got the best blowdryers in the business.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Angrybadger because: im filling this out

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Maybe there is a more rational explanation for this image.

To me it looks very similar to a Baghdad battery and the heads look more like decorative stands holding fuel cells of some kind. I am not discounting your theory just proposing an alternate.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sure it will Be explained away as a 'lotus blossom' or something like that.
I think the egyptologists are more fanciful in explaining things like this away than the conspiracy buffs are at making Martian rocks into alien heads.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
According to this site, they are some type of lamp.
Electrical lamp

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
Maybe there is a more rational explanation for this image.

To me it looks very similar to a Baghdad battery and the heads look more like decorative stands holding fuel cells of some kind. I am not discounting your theory just proposing an alternate.

you know now I look at them again they do look like decorative stands,

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That's really freaky!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

thanks for the link,interesting reading.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's the thought police

Secondline

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well I think I will be radical and make the following uncalled for suggestion

Find a better photo and read the inscription across the top

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As Egyptians always seem to depict people from the side view Im going to have to guess that they arent meant to be people at all? They DO look like faces though... It would be nice to see the whole image, just seeing PART of an image often gives the wrong impression.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5567d7279d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Angrybadger
It looks like theres some sort of device hooked up to their heads to suck out their wisdom or thoughts, i have never seen figures like these in egyptian art.I understand they use different figures to represent gods and whatnot,but these guys look strange ,look at their little ears...lol./

It looks to me more like a liquid being poured into a vessel, the obvious ones being oil or wine....
edit on 23/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Well I think I will be even MORE radical and make the following uncalled for suggestion, how about you find another photo and translate the inscription yourself and share the results with us.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Angrybadger

they look like pedestals with cats heads , i can,t explain the knobbly cords that the carving shows but the egyptians revered cats.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I tawt I taw a puttytat

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
reply to post by Hanslune

Well I think I will be even MORE radical and make the following uncalled for suggestion, how about you find another photo and translate the inscription yourself and share the results with us.

LOL, the inscriptions are most probably already translated. You just need to figure out what part of the complex the image comes from.

or

Just ask the folks over at the Hall of Ma'at

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Better image here:

I'm not an Egyptologist but the heads on the pillars look to be Hathor, to whom the largest building at Dendera was dedicated.
The cow goddess:

Looks like intestines to me. A mummification reference?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What I find interesting, with the better pictures you linked too, is how two of the pillars or stands, have some sort of disk or ball between them and are resting on some kind of plate or something.

Maybe it could be a reference to the Baghdad Battery.

I don't know.

Maybe even a sort of yin yang type thing?
edit on 23-8-2011 by Timing because: added last sentence.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good fine Phage - Might you have a view of the inscription at the top?

Looks to be that it's somewhere in the Temple of Tentyra then.
edit on 23/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join