It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The quakes continue, and they will get worse I fear.. There were two other 7.0 quakes off the east coast of Australia and two 6.0 quakes off the coast of Japan. I think there is something unknown causing these events.. the sun is being impacted and it has an impact on us..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberboiraves

The problem with trying to answer your question, is that no one really knows. I honestly can't say and the only opinion I have is that I think anything is possible because so much is unknown. Since the new madrid is pretty much in the middle of the two quakes in question...and their similarities, along with the other action going on in-between over the past 6 months or so really makes me wonder.

The fact that it was felt as far away as has been reported (Virginia quake) leads one to wonder even more.

The plot thickens at the very wierd fact that USGS is not providing any phase or historical data. Something is off...and my spidey senses are tingling. Have been for a few days now.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberboiraves
So just a question...what is anyones opinion or fact based answer that this could affect the New Madrid? Could West Tn be seeing a quake within the next day or two?I am just confused about all this..This is going on my calander as quake day.Still holding to my sept 4th d-day opinion.just got that feeling.Ignore that last rant. What bout the new madrid?

nobody here on ATS can say for sure. Professional Opinions from other sources and are paid. Nobody can answer. Best way is Sun came up and went down today, chances are it will tomorrow. If it were the horse races, the favrite would be New Madrid stays in tact by a long shot

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I ave been watching the msm and they really dont find his newsworthy.
That seems very odd to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Not only the US but Canada too!!

I live in Ontario and I felt it!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by brigand

people said the same thing about Arkansas, those people were rattled to the bone with a 4.something...its still there and so are they

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

The 2 that the OP mentioned, the one in Colorado/New Mexico, and the one in Virgina, those are something that everyone should wake up and pay attention to, as there is no faults in that area

Isn't the new Madrid fault within a relatively close distance to where Virginia is?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I am in the west central area of New Mexico. We did not feel the Colorado quakes.
Isn't the Raton area a vulcanic hot spot? I would think any rumblings in that area would be worthy of watching.

@westcoast: interesting re: the dips in the seizmic graphs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AceLiteman

Madrid Fault Line

Check here for further info on the Madrid Line. I just did since I am in TN.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the thread and all of the information. I live in Richmond Virginia, and was outside today when the quake hit. At first it sounded like a really big truck was coming down the road, but then the rumbling got louder and everything started to shake. I seriously thought that the house was going to come down - all of the windows rattled so much that I'm surprised none of them broke. It really was quite frightening.
I have a question, because I am not very familiar with any of this - why was there an aftershock this evening (8:04 p.m. - 4.2 I think) that was bigger than the other aftershocks earlier? The others were relatively small, but I felt the one at 8 p.m. I was on our porch, and I felt that rumbling again. It's unnerving - I thought that aftershocks were supposed to get smaller - not get smaller and then get bigger again. I'm a little freaked out, to tell you the truth.
Is this normal? In general, I mean?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Since the fracking operations have desisted in Arkansas which is around the New Madrid Fault,earthquakes and tremors have dwindled.As like the Virginia Quake it is locate over the Marcellus Shale Reserves where they are continually using this method to extract gas from within.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Daedal because: Video didn't post

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If the VA quake was so moderate, why did they evacuate the Capitol? Very interesting indeed, westcoast.
Seems there may be more going on than tptb want to admit.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

A moderate earthquake occurred in Virginia 61 km (38 miles) NW from Richmond, VA and 135 km (84 miles) SW from Washington DC. This shallow (6 km) earthquake occurred as reverse faulting on a northeast-striking plane within a previously recognized seismic zone, the 'Central Virginia Seismic Zone'. The Central Virginia Seismic Zone has produced small and moderate earthquakes since at least the 18th century

They are saying that there was reverse faulting on a northeast-striking plane in the 'Central Virginia Seismic Zone'

Reverse Fault
A fault in which the hanging wall has moved upward relative to the footwall.

Source

I wonder what type of fault and direction the Colorado quake was?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So, after reading wikipedia I realized this is the two hundred year anniversary for a major Madrid Fault earthquake. Give it a read it sounds kinda eerie and some similarities happening. Maybe the Madrid is up to it's old tricks.

Madrid Fault Line

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

I personally don't think that was an aftershock. USGS keeps taking it off the list, modifying it and adding it again. They still haven't provided the normal info given for every other quake listed.

It is normal for their to be many aftershocks of various sized...they typically will trend down...but that doesn't mean there won't be an occasional one that is bigger than one before it.

However, in this case...I really don't think it was an aftershock. I'm speculating they are all foreshocks. Nothing is adding up right here and I don't think it's over.

As to the drilling and shale....yes and yes. I think that may very well have something to do with this. Bad news if you look at our country as a whole, where they are actively drilling and where the shale is.

So much is unknown that no one can accurately predict seismology. I just really wonder right now why info is being withheld...and I think the true nature of the 5.8 is being withheld/manipulated. WHY?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by My Call

I am in VA..south west VA...we constantly have spraying over head...trails all over...been a lot over the summer here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

If the VA quake was so moderate, why did they evacuate the Capitol? Very interesting indeed, westcoast.

That is ofcourse where Some of the Greatest minds are...want to protect those .......
edit on 23-8-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

Originally posted by 1PLA1

That ofcourse is where the Great minds are...want to protect those .......

I am in the area..my significant other was up in North East VA when this hit today. it appears there was more damage/felt/reports from north, north east and north west of the quake today. I am in VA, and SW of quake. More damage was done in states north of here vs south...according to reports I have heard from family/friends.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

Exccellent find! Thank you....makes me think a little more. (dangerous thing)

BTW, another moderate quake just hit Colorado a few mins ago... not on USGS yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A huge solar flare occurred 2-3 days ago. A bunch of others plus myself here on ATS have been reporting this correlation for years now, but soon after we do...Phage usually gets on and tries to debunk it. Whatever. Once again, this is more than enough evidence for me. Check the solar flares for the last 72 hours.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join