It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Westcoast,

Check 1886.

Charleston, NC 7.3M

10 hurricanes.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by SuperTripps

I'm thinking either Oklahoma or near Mammoth Lakes in California.

I missed one! I had made the comment on Mammoth Lakes based on the fact that it sits on the 'line' (37 lat) and is a known hotbed.

This quake happened shortly after:

Magnitude 4.2
Date-Time Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 11:59:51 UTC
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 04:59:51 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 37.546°N, 118.872°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
Distances 14 km (9 miles) SE (137°) from Mammoth Lakes, CA
17 km (11 miles) W (264°) from Toms Place, CA
28 km (18 miles) WNW (301°) from Round Valley, CA
254 km (158 miles) ESE (115°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters Nph= 53, Dmin=6 km, Rmss=0.04 sec, Gp= 68°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71625245

link

It did happen at 4 in the morning, so that's probably why I missed it (and who knows when USGS actuallty posted it)....this is a decent sized quake, even for there. Not saying it's spectacular...but noteworthy.

Otherwise....very quiet. Calm before the literal storm? My thoughts/prayers are with everyone on the East coast right now facing this hurricane.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I am getting a bit more interested in these correlations...at least on the East coast.

I know you saw my post last night on the quake thread regarding the last large quake in New York and hurricane in 1944. They were literally a few days apart (quake first, then hurricane) As you have already illustrated, the pressure and surge come before.

Too late for me to paste, so here is the link to the quake thread with my post and links to historical info:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

i am new to ATS but have been following for quite some time. I have been interested in many posts out there and enjoy the read. I was looking at these quakes too and noticed that they are on the same latitude and of similar magnitude. I then went to the USGS site to check out the seismograms for the Virginia quake on Aug 23rd. What i saw was that from as far back as July 30th, there is a strange activity happening there. I don't know how to bring in the picture but i will give the link, go see for yourself.

panic.geos.vt.edu...
Check out the first couple of recorders, they have, i think it is called harmonic activity starting at 7am and ending around 5pm. for all dates that are listed. I then tried to check out Colorado, guess what URL can not be found. Any ideas out there?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Alright, wish I could give you ten stars for that one! Great find.

I was ready to dismiss it as interference or something....I usually get excited about this stuff just to have the more level-headed/educated members here calm me down.
BUT....

That is some wierd #za going on there...especially on the 17th on some of those. Dunno.

I will try and have some of our more senior resident quake watchers take a look and give an opinion.

(Saved that site as a favorite!)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Bump

After reading Robins Ruminations thread re: email, its lead me here.

Somethings going on indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

A huge solar flare occurred 2-3 days ago. A bunch of others plus myself here on ATS have been reporting this correlation for years now, but soon after we do...Phage usually gets on and tries to debunk it. Whatever. Once again, this is more than enough evidence for me. Check the solar flares for the last 72 hours.

Since this is an area of interest for me I could not resist this comment.

Please debunk Phage, i.e. present you evidence for this being related to solar activity.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Spot on my friend.

Earthquakes in Virginia and Vicinity 1774 - 2004 - really sexy map that!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I think its impossible to rule out, especially with the circumstancial evidense.

My own theory is based on the changes on the earths magnetic field when compressed as a CME hits it. I believe that the magnetic variations during a CME hit affect the minerals in rocks, interacting with magnetic minerals creating instability. I also think that the "noise" created by a hit could generate low frequencies that resonate through rocks crystaline structure also creating instability.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

HAARP was made to bolster the Ionosphere during solar CME's Fact is there are about 6 stations. If you dont believe me thats fine but ask the people in Alaska and some villages in Russia about the Death Ray and what it has done to them.We have seen the open reports about manipulated weather and man made earthquakes.All done by the HAARP system

Interesting, you knock all the theories and then substitute with another daft theory that completely unproven.

If you consider HAARP is capable of doing this then I challenge you to prove it - and I meant offer real proof not just the usual Internet here-say clap trap.

You can enlighten me on this thread. I look forward to your dissertation.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I am not ruling it out. I am asking people to present EVIDENCE to prove it. Not hearsay mind but solid empirical evidence.

I have some thoughts on the matter but it is too early to say yet. I will give you a clue however, sunspots not solar flares possibly. Notable that the (approx) 40 year major quake cycles seems to match the 40 (ish) year solar cycle. I have yet to correlate that properly but it appears at first glance to be the case.

Having said that there is plenty of evidence against solar flares - another study I am doing at present.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If you look at a Current earthquake map of the US you'll see that it is definately still very interesting.

Things are all stirred up, it would seem.

Colorado, Virginia, New York area and North.....still unsettled. THEN, we have a couple of other swarms going on in California. Two known quake areas (Mammoth lakes, San Andreas near Pinnacles) both on or near the 37 latitude.

Then we've got the Hurricane ofcourse, which ties into Robins theory,and seems to have some correlation with past historic quakes in the East.

Much to think about.

I am starting to direct my focus to California...at least for today.
My brain is churning with my own theory involving the West Coast and these swarms fall nicely into it....SO, I am off to compose a post for my 'putting it all together' thread. I just find it all so.....odd how these all seem to draw me back to the same conclusions.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
NY & Canada again.

New York 2.9 42.683 -74.091

Southern Quebec 3.0 46.805 -70.701

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I am waiting to see your conclusions on all this activity...just saw the quakes in California, New York and Quebec and 9 for Central California from 2.5 to 4.6 mag.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

HAARP was made to bolster the Ionosphere during solar CME's Fact is there are about 6 stations. If you dont believe me thats fine but ask the people in Alaska and some villages in Russia about the Death Ray and what it has done to them.We have seen the open reports about manipulated weather and man made earthquakes.All done by the HAARP system

Interesting, you knock all the theories and then substitute with another daft theory that completely unproven.

If you consider HAARP is capable of doing this then I challenge you to prove it - and I meant offer real proof not just the usual Internet here-say clap trap.

Please Puterman list the theories I knock. but here are some I listed ...Planet x....no Fault zones in Colorado or Virginia....let me see ...the this is the end theory....I live in Missouri and feel sick I think the New Madrid is going any minute theory.......please pull up my posts and contribute more of what I said........no body died in Colo or Virginia from the quakes and the world didnt stop turning, the Sun raised hi in the sky in just about the same place as yesterday..life continues on the planet..
I will stand on Nobody knows when earthquakes will happen and cannot predict where!!! Get to the bottom of that one and you surely wont have time to hang out on ATS giving even lowly me a bad time
edit on 27-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)
some here even have the notion that they can get to the bottom of these quakes....NOT.....and not even you PUTERMAN
edit on 27-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: even more content

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

PuterMan....you ask the impossible and you know it.. in this contest YOU are the better man ..."All Hale PuterMan" he has the stars and ATS bars "All hale Puterman" now run along and get a mod and have my privileges revoked

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

Please Puterman list the theories I knock. but here are some I listed ...Planet x....no Fault zones in Colorado or Virginia....let me see ...the this is the end theory....I live in Missouri and feel sick I think the New Madrid is going any minute theory.......please pull up my posts and contribute more of what I said........no body died in Colo or Virginia from the quakes and the world didnt stop turning, the Sun raised hi in the sky in just about the same place as yesterday..life continues on the planet..
I will stand on Nobody knows when earthquakes will happen and cannot predict where!!! Get to the bottom of that one and you surely wont have time to hang out on ATS giving even lowly me a bad time
some here even have the notion that they can get to the bottom of these quakes....NOT.....and not even you PUTERMAN

YUP...wow, you make such good points. The sun also rose and set the day after the quakes in Indonesia, Haiti where over 200,000 people died each. It even rose and set after the Japan quake...so I guess that means we should ignore them because they were insignificant?

if you want to contribute, again...go ahead. If all you are going to do is belittle and then make rude comments to my friends, I kindly invite you to find another thread to troll.

edit on 27-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Back on topic...the odd quakes continue.

Are we looking at a swarm?

MAP 2.9 2011/08/27 14:38:40 42.683 -74.091 22.2 5 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Altamont, NY
MAP 2.0 2011/08/27 09:02:29 37.925 -77.977 0.1 11 km ( 7 mi) SSW of Mineral, VA
MAP 1.7 2011/08/27 07:39:33 42.687 -74.094 21.1 5 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Altamont, NY
MAP 3.0 2011/08/27 06:25:42 46.805 -70.701 12.8 37 km ( 23 mi) E of L�vis, Canada
MAP 1.8 2011/08/27 00:45:39 42.682 -74.095 23.5 6 km ( 4 mi) WSW of Altamont, NY

source

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

YUP...wow, you make such good points. The sun also rose and set the day after the quakes in Indonesia, Haiti where over 200,000 people died each. It even rose and set after the Japan quake...so I guess that means we should ignore them because they were insignificant?

if you want to contribute, again...go ahead. If all you are going to do is belittle and then make rude comments to my friends, I kindly invite you to find another thread to troll.

edit on 27-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)
and now you Ms. Westcoast you compare your OP Quakes to those of Japan Indonesia and Haiti I have now seen truly everything here on this thread

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21

i am new to ATS but have been following for quite some time. I have been interested in many posts out there and enjoy the read. I was looking at these quakes too and noticed that they are on the same latitude and of similar magnitude. I then went to the USGS site to check out the seismograms for the Virginia quake on Aug 23rd. What i saw was that from as far back as July 30th, there is a strange activity happening there. I don't know how to bring in the picture but i will give the link, go see for yourself.

panic.geos.vt.edu...
Check out the first couple of recorders, they have, i think it is called harmonic activity starting at 7am and ending around 5pm. for all dates that are listed. I then tried to check out Colorado, guess what URL can not be found. Any ideas out there?

Hey WC - took extra note of this post after your comments. Does anyone else have a lousy "hey, that's business hours" reaction to that time frame consistency - or am I just having a bad day?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join