It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dear Mikeybiznaz,

Do you really have nothing better to do than cut people down?
This is ATS. If you haven't noticed. No topic is really taboo.
That's why I like it here. I don't get totally whipped when I think outside the box.
Sure, I don't agree with many things said here. Like HAARP. I just don't believe it.
But I don't go trolling around looking for every person who believes it and mock them.

I have mental health issues. Lots. I have become expert through experience and research. Your demeaning of other people tells me you have a problem. If you need help. I'll be glad to give you some advise and guidance.

If not, and you're content on trying to hurt other people, maybe you should go away, just like you said you would in an earlier post. Why should I believe anything you say?

You're not a man of your word.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Excuse me sir, I can't hear the teacher. I am trying to learn here and you are distracting me. While I may not be paying $32,000 a semester I am still receiving the lesson. Could you treat this like a study group and only speak when you have something of value to offer. I have seen you on two threads now doing the same thing (making noise).

Before you pick my posts apart, like you seem to enjoy doing, let me be the first to say, I am also guilty of making noise. I was excited to see all of this happen and entered info that wasn't valuable. Now I restrain myself, so that I can listen to the speakers.

I hope you can take some of the info here and feel free to enter why you disagree with someone based on facts not sarcasms. I also hope that if you feel no need to learn anymore on this thread you can find a thread that you might have more knowledge and facts to debate on.

Hope you have a good day and enjoy the free ride Mother Earth is providing for us.

p.s. Wow Robin it took me 13 minutes to write this post I guess. Sorry I am following in your footsteps just wanted to say my peace.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Doodle19815 because: to add p.s.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I can type nearly as fast as I can think. I took a typing class way back in 1983, way before the personal computer. I signed up for the course because I knew it would be fill with girls. I was not interested in school, I was interested in girls. Miss Ducan taught me well. For some reason, she was always on my case. I digress.

I believe the New York quakes are related. I've been asserting that northeast quakes come in clusters. And I've been watching quakes obsessively for last three years.

Also, I've stated here that the microsiesm noise seen on the siesmo's is a contributing factor. Once again, the hurricane waves are showing up on the graphs.

I am convinced there will be another quake somewhere in the northeast very soon. Or quakes. They may not be anywhere near 5+M. Before the Virginia quake, there were hardly any quakes in the northeast for about two weeks. Just before the Virginia quake, there was only one tiny one somewhere near New York.

So, for the last two + weeks, there was only one in the northeast. Now, not including Virginia, there are six quakes in northeast. They come in clusters.

Here's an article for all you that think animals can sense quakes before they happen.

www.washingtonpost.com... 2

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Everything you just laid out before us in your post is exactly my thoughts as well.

Everything is connected and I think we all need a plan for our families, need to stock up on supplies...JUST IN CASE. We are seeing signs and these signs may be nothing more than what the Earth has always done to sustain.
Worrying is not healthy. Being aware is I think the best term and the only way to be anyway. Be aware of what is taking place with our Earth. Not only EQ's but also volcanoes, weather, rise in temp w/oceans, and the Cosmos ....it is all related. It is my belief that mans actions (fracking, drilling, mining, etc..) is helping make matters worse.

Peace and love to you all!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

So are the spikes that I keep seeing on the Fredricksburg, VA graph waves from the hurricane? That is freaking awesome! Learn something new everyday. I am really enjoying seeing all of this on real time instead of just listening to the news to find out what is going on. I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. You do seem to be pretty spot on at analyzing this stuff.

To Mamaj, luckily I am a little east of you so I don't think if the NM blows I would be affected as bad as you. I will tell you though that if I go downtown I will be extra observant. Nothing like skyscrapers swaying around to get your heart going I'm sure. Stay safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is no fracking in Virginia that I can find. I did find a pipeline explosion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

www.dmme.virginia.gov...

I can`t get the file to open, but maybe you can.

Might be a place to start

This is breaking my heart---- I moved to Arkansas from Virginia

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by windword

do you know for sure he is the russian speaker of the house?

No, I don't know anything about this guy. This is the first I've seen of this. It's just crazy how he seems to revel in the ownership of a "secret, silent weapon", meant to replace nuclear weaponry, that can kill millions of people all at once!

(And, he threatning to use it because hes ticked off about wine exports!)

Don't these people know that HAARP is only a conspiracy rumor?
youtu.be...
edit on 25-8-2011 by windword because: to add vid link

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

do you know for sure he is the russian speaker of the house?

Don't these people know that HAARP is only a conspiracy rumor?

Addressing everybody here this thread went from trying to get the 411 on WTF was happening to OMG Extinction Level Event Comets are to blame..Hell we even have one post here that suggests that it was Nuclear bombs under ground that caused the quakes....Heard that there were not fault zones in Colo. and Virginia. But you people seem to not care about the completely crazy thread this has turned into so ok lets have at it.

HAARP was made to bolster the Ionosphere during solar CME's Fact is there are about 6 stations. If you dont believe me thats fine but ask the people in Alaska and some villages in Russia about the Death Ray and what it has done to them.We have seen the open reports about manipulated weather and man made earthquakes.All done by the HAARP system

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Dear Mikeybiznaz,

Do you really have nothing better to do than cut people down?
This is ATS. If you haven't noticed. No topic is really taboo.
That's why I like it here. I don't get totally whipped when I think outside the box.
Sure, I don't agree with many things said here. Like HAARP. I just don't believe it.
But I don't go trolling around looking for every person who believes it and mock them.

I have mental health issues. Lots. I have become expert through experience and research. Your demeaning of other people tells me you have a problem. If you need help. I'll be glad to give you some advise and guidance.

If not, and you're content on trying to hurt other people, maybe you should go away, just like you said you would in an earlier post. Why should I believe anything you say?

You're not a man of your word.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)
Seeing as I am an unempolyed contractor and no Obama money coming in I have nothing better to do. Now You people spend a lot of time here on me but look at the content of this thread, this thread you know the one that the Mods decided to role with instead of all the others. Have some respect and police up the other posters also. If I made you or anothr cry or somehow you or another physically hurt your self because of me I do humbly apologise.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

eskooz me, Mitsa Monkeybiznaz,
your cruel, callous, dismissive demeanor contributes -0- to this thread or the OP and is about to get you bumped ... you classy, little contractor you.

Please, follow through with any one of your multiple threats or promises to leave ... please ?
Or, we could always ask a Mod to intervene so the thread can progress pleasantly and on topic. Thanks.

oh, in case you didn't know, this site does feature a 'chat', by all means, take it there.
your rambling nonsense has no place in this topic of discussion. Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

To Mamaj, luckily I am a little east of you so I don't think if the NM blows I would be affected as bad as you. I will tell you though that if I go downtown I will be extra observant. Nothing like skyscrapers swaying around to get your heart going I'm sure. Stay safe.
reply to post by Doodle19815

HAHA! Get this....with all that has went on and that may go on....I want to live. I want to live life "normal" but here is my dilemma.

The boyfriend is ready to take a trip to Vegas. I think he is on the verge of going back to Tunica (memphis/mississippi area) to gamble as well if we do not get to Vegas SOON.

He has no clue...even though I talk about the Earth changes he is still one of those...well it has not effected me and until it does I am living it up. I can understand that reasoning as I feel it too..but DO WE HAVE TO GO TO VEGAS?
Do we have to go to Memphis?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

after saying this I will leave this thread alone:
Hyper sensationalism brought on by Hyper media access = we race to find answers to questions that have no answers

Promises, promises. You are not a gentleman. A gentleman's word is honour. You have no honour.

I only cry when something is worth shedding a tear for. Your comments are merely annoying, not distressing, akin to a mosquito.

I will not respond to anything else you write in the future. And you can count on that, for I am a man of my word.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Speaking of Russian.....did you read this yet? It lingering on ATS today and I cannot remember which thread or poster I obtained it from....but it is VERY interesting. It has made me go hmmmmmmm

For all I know I got it from this thread!!

www.examiner.com...

Not sure if the Examiner is a trusted site but this article speaks loudly about our Magnetosphere and I believe the Leaders no much much more than they are telling. Awareness is key though. We are becoming aware of everything and I think the Magnetosphere weakening has a lot to do with everything that is taking place today.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well at least he doesn't walk by shaking his head. Mine thinks I am turning into one of those crazy people that hangs stuff all over the walls and walks around with a foil hat on. (Sorry if anyone here is one of those crazy people.)
I keep telling him this isn't a conspiracy just Earth talk. He is really living in his own bubble. America's Superman Syndrome I guess. We went through hurricane Ivan and he SLEPT through it while I listened to 19 old oaks fall around the house. Sheesh, some people.

Tell you mister that he can gamble online. Of course you have to pay for your own drinks when you do that but you can still get a little thrill.

Don't think I would recommend Vegas right now, but what do I know.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The earthquake was caused by the "elite" stealing all the real gold...and replacing it with Paper Gold. Notice the coincidence: EQ in Virginia, price of gold rising through the rooooof! ehhhh?
Or, maybe that was the money being rolled out of the banks. Oh wait, banks dont have money, they have digital transactions.

Honestly, what's the point of these threads? Is there anything, ANYONE can do..to prevent them? I understand the 'getting prepared' thing...but that should occur THROUGHOUT one's life...not a week or two before the "big one".

Besides, death is inevitable....so sit back, relax, and enjoy LIFE! Let's worry about fixing the problems, in our hearts and our 'world'...and let mother nature, do her thing. If you're to die in a hurricane, earthquake, Elenin
then that's what is MEANT to be. We all gotta go....sometime...so, enjoy your time NOW, and chiiiiiiiiiilllllll!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Good Morning! (ermmm...okay, late morning)

First, let me start by giving myself a little pat on the back. I was right! The quakes WERE in New York, and USGS has finally caught up. Please tell me how someone with no formal training can be a day ahead of them? That is just inexcusable to me. Totally. I have lost quite a bit of faith. I don't care if they are busy. In light of what is going on, a 3+ quake in upstate New York is, IMO, a big deal. Now it is buried behind yesterdays news and most won't even notice it. blah.

Here is the current list: (QUICK! Before it disappears again)

MAP 2.4 2011/08/25 15:27:47 37.951 -77.924 0.1 6 km ( 4 mi) S of Mineral, VA
MAP 2.8 2011/08/25 13:13:32 42.683 -74.091 18.5 5 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Altamont, NY
MAP 2.3 2011/08/25 06:37:31 37.912 -77.969 0.1 12 km ( 7 mi) SSW of Mineral, VA
MAP 4.5 2011/08/25 05:07:50 37.940 -77.896 5.0 7 km ( 5 mi) S of Mineral, VA
MAP 2.5 2011/08/25 04:06:47 37.923 -77.988 0.1 11 km ( 7 mi) S of Louisa, VA
MAP 1.9 2011/08/24 18:44:08 44.702 -74.392 5.0 17 km ( 11 mi) SE of Brushton, NY
MAP 3.4 2011/08/24 17:14:32 44.703 -74.382 5.0 18 km ( 11 mi) SE of Brushton, NY
MAP 3.4 2011/08/24 04:45:26 37.925 -77.994 4.9 11 km ( 7 mi) S of Louisa, VA
MAP 4.2 2011/08/24 00:04:36 37.912 -77.951 7.9 11 km ( 7 mi) SSW of Mineral, VA
MAP 2.2 2011/08/23 19:20:26 37.911 -78.004 0.1 13 km ( 8 mi) S of Louisa, VA
MAP 2.8 2011/08/23 18:46:50 37.931 -77.935 0.1 9 km ( 5 mi) SSW of Mineral, VA
MAP 5.8 2011/08/23 17:51:04 37.936 -77.933 6.0 8 km ( 5 mi) SSW of Mineral, VA
MAP 2.2 2011/08/23 10:35:17 42.687 -74.098 21.4 6 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Altamont, NY

(as you see there were 4 quakes in NY)

SOURCE

Look at the depth of those New York Quakes. Yes Robin, I also think they are connected. Because I really do not believe in this coincidence either. I also think the lag in recording, informing and transparency on the part of USGS is not coincidence either. I don't like it.

I would like to ask that we try our best to ignore the trolls....the more you feed them, the hungrier they get. As far as I can tell, the only one inflating any alarmist info on this thread is the troll. I am done with it.

@Honor....LOVE the map. Thank you for providing it and reminding us that we are talking about zones, vs specific faults. It is so very true that we work with these regions for the simple reason that very, very little is actually mapped. Again, one of the reasons I love Geology SO much. It is a huge puzzle with most of the pieces still missing. Who's to say it has to be an 'expert' to find some of them?

Okay....I still say, watch Oklahoma. Robin, I agree we will see more in New York...probably also Michigan, Tennesse, Ohio, Pensylvania and Kentucky. But watch Oklahoma.

edit on 25-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Okay....I still say, watch Oklahoma. Robin, I agree we will see more in New York...probably also Michigan, Tennesse, Ohio, Pensylvania and Kentucky. But watch Oklahoma.
reply to post by westcoast

Yeah...we don't need experts when we have you and Puterman, Muzzy, and Robin!! Love ya'll!!!! xoxoxox

Tell me your thoughts....why do you think Oklahoma is the one to "watch"?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Not exactly. I live about 175 miles (by car) from Mineral VA. A minute or two after the shaking stopped, as I sat down at my computer to find out what was up, I got an unusual intense pain in my right ear. The best way I can explain it was it felt like a really strong vibration, which my ear was definitely not happy about, but without perceptible sound. I instinctively covered my ear and muttered a few expletives. At this point, my son asked "Did the earthquake cause this?" - and pointed out that our TV surround system subwoofer was apparently malfunctioning - making a rhythmic sound very similar to a heartbeat, like dah dum.......dah dum........etc. The pain subsided in my ear in a minute or two, and the subwoofer continued its problem for about three to four minutes, then it was working properly again. (Several hours later that same evening, the subwoofer problem started again to stay).

From my completely layman standpoint, it seemed that both my ear and the speaker overloaded on something, but I really don't know what. In a different thread, someone asked me if my effected ear was facing towards or away from the epicenter. For what its worth, it was facing northwest, towards Mineral.

Sorry for the lengthy answer to a simple question! Keep up the great work!! If you have any theories, I would love to hear them!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
West Va. Va boarder EQ

Saw this one in West Virginia, Va boarder or close enough to it. Near Covington. On the 37 too.... I am so drawn to this now, I've been up for 24 hours without a shower, lol! Is this like a crack on the 37 that just keeps spreading across?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join