It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book of stamps costs 6.66

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For as long as i can remember, books of stamps contained 20 stamps and cost 7.40 (at 37 cents).

The US Post office for some reason now sells books of 18 stamps, not 20.

How much do they cost?

the price boldly splayed across the cover.

I do not understand the logic behind the change...anyone have any ideas?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I went to the post office yesterday, and diddnt notice this,but i will look next time im in,because this sounds very intresting indeed...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

The US Post office for some reason now sells books of 18 stamps, not 20.

How much do they cost?

the price boldly splayed across the cover.

Hmmm, I'll have to go to the Post Office-

I'll get back to you on this.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't see it them offered on the USPS website. It sounds truly peculiar.

They print the booklets in strips of equal length. They're two across and an equal number down. Now 18 is 2x9, which gives you a "sheet" of 2 wide and 9 down. You can't divide 9 into two even columns. So it doesn't make a convenient sized booklet.

In a book of 20, you get a sheet of 2 wide and 10 columns, which folds over into groups of 5.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hahahaha.... I manage to do that all the time... I do'nt even mean to do it.
I can go into a store, or fast-food place, and whatever i get after taxes usually comes up to $6.66... Freaks out alot of store clerks though.. LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I bought a book of stamps yesterday and there are 20 for $7.40.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Okay, this doesnt scare me because:

• I look around my room and see 1 television, 2 DVD's, 1 remote (doh), 2 phones, 9 picture frams, approx. 50 paper clips, nearly 500 books. Now if I add the magazines and it happens to come to 666...I will not think that god and the devil are co-conspiring to allow the devil to live under my bookshelf in an attempt to drive me mad. And as I travel out into the world to experience even bigger numbers, I am betting some of them will fall in the 600's. :shk:
  • I once had a job where we were able to play innocent little practical jokes on the customers...like candid camera kinda...while we had a good laugh in the office (I know...it's bad). Anyway, I wonder if those bureaucrats have cameras installed in post offices in the bible belt laughing thier
    off everytime someone's eyes pop out and they nearly fall over after purchasing a book of stamps. Ooh, ooh, or I bet some of them will buy a book + 1 stamp to avoid repercussions. Ha! I would love to see the footage! Now there's a real conspiracy.
  • Did you know that 666 was a perfect number to some before it was an evil number to many. Ahh, the work Pythagoras and other mathematicians have done with the number is amazing. 666! Oh, did I say 666, I thought I said boo!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There's a big difference between 6.66 and 666 -- 659.34, to be exact.

Either way, they're just numbers. What's so scary about a number?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The books of 18 stamps are distributed by the new ATM machines that are being installed in US Post Offices.

These machines only take credit or debit cards.

The original vending machines that disbursed the books of 20 have been removed from our local P.O. But i am sure that there are plenty of the books of 20 still available.

I just found it odd.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Guys wots so secret and mysterious about this? Its not like the worlds gonna end now? IS IT?!?!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The unusual thing is that credit/debit cards are being used to buy the new stamp booklets that are being used in new stamp machines? Debit cards are actually a fairly new system when compared to the old check-writing system. They insure that the user has fund availability. Cash tends to get caught in machines, and machines can be robbed for the cash inside. Thus, debit/credit cards insure that the maintenance of the machine will be minimal.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The books of 18 stamps are distributed by the new ATM machines that are being installed in US Post Offices.

Well that certainly goes along with the theory that credit and debit cards are a method of giving the Mark of the Beast...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman

Well that certainly goes along with the theory that credit and debit cards are a method of giving the Mark of the Beast...

LOL?!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I still dont get it why this thread is posted under New World Order

But maybe im just stupid

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Minor Illuminatos]

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Minor Illuminatos]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Then please enlighten us as to what you know about NWO and I'm sure we can fill in the blanks for ya.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm a bit believer in the idea that if people disseminate their ideologies via the medium of symbols - then they've got a better chance of making them catch on. I really believe it.

Here in London I only have to go out into the street and I'm surrounded by dragons, lions, unicorns, five pointed stars and the numbers 23 and 666. All over the shop! Coincidence? I don't think so. I think these things are communicating with our subconsciouses.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
or you'll fall for anything, and so the song/story goes.

Subliminal messages? Where is the threat again? Because I don't believe in subliminal messages, to be honest. However, I must say it is a very creative idea, and one could have a great deal of fun with it.

I tend to think that the only threats to one's existence come from a person's own heart. These "messages" are not group-oriented. No, we choose to do things everyday. If a person buys Nikes, he is not part of a "Buy Nike" group conspiracy. Rather, he is just choosing a shoe that fits. Now bring in a die-hard Converse fan who is tempted by the Nike and feels there is a conspiracy because millions of Nike-buyers subliminally attempted to sway his opinion...well I just don't buy that one at all.

If you detest the simple numerical value of six hundred sixty-six, then buy single, half book, or roll stamps. Where there's a will, there's a way.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Geez!

I always knew the UPS man was the antichrist.

*shakes fist*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join