It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here in California we call a 5.9 quake a back massage. I was laying on the floor in my den when the Bay Area quake hit during the World Series. The hanging flower pots in the room began to sway and I knew that either Frisco or LA just got nailed. I was on a waterbed when the Coalinga Quake hit. Cowabunga, what a ride!

I feel for the people in older houses with old mortar and stone for walls. They tend to come apart. Anything under a 6.9 is entertainment. 7.0 and above get freaky....

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
New predictions

Shaul Mofaz (Antichrist) in the September-October- 2011 Israeli Prime Minister After the earthquake in

northern Israel(maybe:26-28 September ) - and the dry lake Kynrt He is government end of november/ 2012

And by the Imam Mahdi or Jesus will be killed

On September 28 Saudi Arabia king will be killed - November 6 is the hidden of his death after
starts War powers

On October 20-28, 2011 comet Elenin(C/2010 X1) near Earth and Asteroid yu55 hit in East Asia And reverse rotation of the(11/11 /2011 »

Gas Methane
- The sun will rise from the West and the vast skies will become red(

America the great volcano in -november2011()

- will begin its activities - eight days out of the ashes

Syria: Soldiers the United Nations They sent to Syria in September/ earthquake in northern Israel

and Syria And its effect on the dry lake Kynrt /In October Jordan to take possession of syria/and

after Exit Western from Iraq/ Iraq by the Jordan in Januaryto take possession of/Fighting with

Turkey in December2011/And in February 2012 At one point, some of Sufyani's army will sink

into the ground. This place will be known as Baidah and will be located either between Makkah

and Madina

(volcano

Jesus in the the

autumn

of 2012 - comes to earth from the sky - to help Imam Mahdi

theadministration of justice in the earth

emam-mahdi-1431.blogfa.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2011 by Lucifersjester because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yochuna
Here in California we call a 5.9 quake a back massage. I was laying on the floor in my den when the Bay Area quake hit during the World Series. The hanging flower pots in the room began to sway and I knew that either Frisco or LA just got nailed. I was on a waterbed when the Coalinga Quake hit. Cowabunga, what a ride!

I feel for the people in older houses with old mortar and stone for walls. They tend to come apart. Anything under a 6.9 is entertainment. 7.0 and above get freaky....

But...;there are so many variables that a 5.9 can be a killer...here in ChCh we lost over 180 people to a 6.3 because the ground acceleration was the highest ever recorded and the epicenter was close to the City, so you may feel 'safe as houses' in your comments, but don't let complacency set in!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i think this is "Washington D.C. Region"

In New Jersey, more than 800,000 customers were without power on Sunday, and the state’s largest utility, Public Service Electric and Gas, estimated it could take a week to restore electricity to all of its customers. In Connecticut, 670,000 customers had lost power - roughly half the state - which surpassed power failures caused by Hurricane Gloria in 1985. Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said more than 300 roadways were blocked, but he warned that dire problems were still to come, particularly along the Delaware, Ramapo and Passaic Rivers. “The real issue that we are going to have to deal with now is flooding,” Mr. Christie said.

travel advisory

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by gandamack2
Underground nuke,not a quake...wake up fools

If a nuke had been set off the Chinese and the Russians would be having an absolute fit at the UN over nuclear weapons treaty violations.

The Russians ARE talking about this. See www.eutimes.net/2011/08 russia reports. ... I found this article very interesting. I live in Virginia and heard an enormous roar before the shaking even started. Having experienced small quakes in San Francisco - something was notable about the sounds accompanying this quake. Very wierd and disconcerting! The Russians ARE saying that this was an underground nuke detonation in VA as well as the quake in Colorado the day before.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by gandamack2
Underground nuke,not a quake...wake up fools

If a nuke had been set off the Chinese and the Russians would be having an absolute fit at the UN over nuclear weapons treaty violations.

The Russians ARE talking about this. See www.eutimes.net/2011/08 russia reports. ... I found this article very interesting. I live in Virginia and heard an enormous roar before the shaking even started. Having experienced small quakes in San Francisco - something was notable about the sounds accompanying this quake. Very wierd and disconcerting! The Russians ARE saying that this was an underground nuke detonation in VA as well as the quake in Colorado the day before.

I live in Fredericksburg, VA I also heard the roar to me and others in our office we thought it was a train or plane crash. The russians may be onto something but we have had many aftershocks, there was one this morning around 9:20 or so. Also over the weekend early Saturday when we were takeing up our lawn items before the storm and my fiancee and I heard long loud rumbles not thunder I have no clue what it was.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by swissnic

Interesting. Glad you are ok. That rumbling sound you heard? I hear that periodically here in Northern Indiana. It isn't thunder, but I sure would like to know what it is. It's creepy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
To the geniuses posting that this quake was the result of an underground nuclear detonation...

The epicenter was reported to be in Mineral, VA. Mineral is probably less than 20 miles from the Lake Anna Nuke power plant. Would it not be fairly stupid to detonate a nuclear device in such close vicinity to a nuclear power plant? Come on, they're stupid, but I don't think they're that stupid.

That said, here's one for you...The Lake Anna power plant is still closed because the earthquake may have produced more shaking than the plant is designed to handle. If you want a conspiracy theory to grab ahold of, how about the possibility of something going wrong, exploding under the Lake Anna plant, which then triggered a quake...thus, Lake Anna plant is still offline?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanbaq
New predictions

Shaul Mofaz (Antichrist) in the September-October- 2011 Israeli Prime Minister After the earthquake in

northern Israel(maybe:26-28 September ) - and the dry lake Kynrt He is government end of november/ 2012

And by the Imam Mahdi or Jesus will be killed

On September 28 Saudi Arabia king will be killed - November 6 is the hidden of his death after
starts War powers

On October 20-28, 2011 comet Elenin(C/2010 X1) near Earth and Asteroid yu55 hit in East Asia And reverse rotation of the(11/11 /2011 »

Gas Methane
- The sun will rise from the West and the vast skies will become red(

America the great volcano in -november2011()

- will begin its activities - eight days out of the ashes

Syria: Soldiers the United Nations They sent to Syria in September/ earthquake in northern Israel

and Syria And its effect on the dry lake Kynrt /In October Jordan to take possession of syria/and

after Exit Western from Iraq/ Iraq by the Jordan in Januaryto take possession of/Fighting with

Turkey in December2011/And in February 2012 At one point, some of Sufyani's army will sink

into the ground. This place will be known as Baidah and will be located either between Makkah

and Madina

(volcano

Jesus in the the

autumn

of 2012 - comes to earth from the sky - to help Imam Mahdi

theadministration of justice in the earth

emam-mahdi-1431.blogfa.com...

I see you just registered recently. So for us non-bible thumper's, would you please explain or decipher your post? I've lost my internet due to the economy so I'm forced to use my cell phone internet and would appreciate some translation (3G is the new 56k, and trying to look up all you posted would take forever).

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

Do you have any links to stories where the Russian are talking about this that don't lead back to Sorcha Faal?
Everything I have seen goes back to him/her.
That name is fairly well known on ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yochuna

I think its really awesome that you are accustomed to earthquakes and can so easily ride one out. What I don't think is so awesome is you seem to think that people on the east coast should have reacted with the same sense of familiarity that compels you to react to earthquakes the way you do.

Allow me to give you an example. Let's suppose that you were taken out of your environment (California) and placed in the middle of the back woods of Alabama and told to survive without any further instructions. Would you find offense with the locals whom laughed at your attempts to cope with an environment/situation that you were not in any way familiar with? Would it bother you when the made jokes about your inability to cope with an environment/situation they had grown up with and were accustomed to living in?

The people on the east coast do not have experiences with earthquakes. When someone is faced with a situation that they have no experience in dealing with their reaction is sure to be different than someone that has grown up in similar situations their whole life.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Anything under a 6.9 is entertainment. 7.0 and above get freaky....

WOW!!! you must be really cool!

So, how did things work out for you driving in the ice and snow a few years back when it was raining ice and hailing, the size of golf balls? Happens all the time on the East Coast.

Please don't bother to reply.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Everyone can finally relax...the official press release declares that it was neither a nuke test OR an actual earthquake.
It was simply our Founding Fathers turning in their graves...
Best wishes to all.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12

Anything under a 6.9 is entertainment. 7.0 and above get freaky....

WOW!!! you must be really cool!

So, how did things work out for you driving in the ice and snow a few years back when it was raining ice and hailing, the size of golf balls? Happens all the time on the East Coast.

Please don't bother to reply.

Wonderful reply

This is why I made the statement a recently about Californians needing a 7.0 or such, to shake them from their state of callousness......

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My good friends, one who is a seismologist and the other who is astronomer, both strongly believe the DC area quake of 5.9, was a preshock to something worse coming in the intermediate-term future.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinBally

Interesting... can you give us any more information? Could you repost to this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinBally

Well if I may ask, what do they base their hypothesis on? What information do they have that would support this? I am not saying that I don't believe them or you, just that all we have right now is conjecture and it would be nice to add some information and scientific data to this puzzle. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

<< 60  61  62    64 >>

join