It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im a mile outside of DC, so I ran out of the building expecting to see a big mushroom cloud. So it was a relief to see it was just a quake.

link   
I live in Woodbridge, VA about 60 miles north of the Epicenter and 20 miles south of DC. That was zero fun. Definitely mass panic here.. I can only imagine if a worse disaster was to occur......

link   
Live TV report from..
Fox DC Live

link   

Originally posted by insane901
its funny because my cats have been acting REALLY annoying today , more than usual. I wonder if they can sense when something like this happens?

My cat was annoying the hell out of me this morning. She kept wanting to come into my room and on my bed meowing at me. She doesn't usually do that in the mornings. But who knows.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08
reply to post by loam

So there was a 6.0 sized earthquake on the East Coast. What do you East Coasters remember from before the earthquake? Strange lights in the sky? Low vibrations and rumbling before the actual quake? Brain anomalies: headache, dizziness, and 'drunkness' were experienced; anything else?

We could get some decent data on earthquake precursors if we notice any patterns.

Immediately before the EQ I felt a headache that has not gone away. Just thought I would say since you asked.

Also, I have been thinking about EQ's for a couple days was actually planning on looking up some EQ safety rules but only because I was reading the other day that the doorway is the worst place to stand during (despite hearing otherwise) and my GF is going to San Francisco in a few days.

link   
O god this is going to make all the new Madrid fault line people come out in droves flooding ATS with their non sense about this being a precursor to the "Big One".

link   
wait till this starts too hit the gossip,,twitter, etc,,
but remember u heard it here ,, at ATS,, first

"Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance had just started speaking at a press conference about the sensational Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexual assault case when the building started shaking."

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexual assault case,, he was so pissed off, that ,, lol rummble ,,rumble,, lol

link   
Anyone else notice that everyone the news interviews say they thought it was a terrorist attack?

edit on 23-8-2011 by Recloose because: (no reason given)

link   
Video of reporters fleeing news conference when quake hit,

abcnews.go.com...

link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Go home for the day. Go outside and breath. Talk to others and see how they feel. You are not alone. This is all new. You are OK, nothing happened. The news here in So Cali is great about you all. Everyone is fine. No one is even hurt that I know of. Cool heads prevailed and evacuations went perfectly. People are going back into buildings and in every state very one kept their cool. Breath.

What is happening is that since you all do not get many earthquakes is your infrastructure needs to be checked. Since we get them so much, we rarely let them stop our day. But it does depend on the fault line in So Cal, especially in the North.

You are going to be OK.

My prayers are with you now as are the Angels.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
Why has no one blamed the Tea Party yet?

Because it's Obamas fault.. LOL

link   
Can a bigger aftershock earthquake happen?

link   
reply to post by digitalbluco

it wasnt even close to a 5.3 in Ohio. So no it isnt breaking the record here. we just felt tremors from the 5.9 in VA

link   
Checking in here from Western, Pennsylvania (about 60 minutes north of Pittsburgh) I didn't feel a thing. Probably Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

yeah i felt that quake
down in virginia, its crazy, never would have expected that to happen in this region.
are there any fault lines or anything around that area that would cause a quake?

link   
Here in New Haven, Connecticut people were running out of buildings onto the street.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I must say that is an instant classic... Lived most my life in California, Earth quakes hits 45 minutes construction crews are at work fixing it.. If it is a 5.9 usually 45 minute later we have forgotten it ever happened..

Therian

link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

"Big One".
just how big can you go?

just curious,,,ohhh the Egyptian pillar,, ?? what ever they call it,, is falling down,, i heard.

link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
There's the North Anna Nuclear Power plant about 12 miles north of the epicenter.

Just saying ..

Federal officials tell AP that no damage at 2 VA reactors taken offline near quake site

www.breakingnews.com...

link   
It's odd enough to have this size quake on the east coast. But I was watching 2012 uo to the point D.C. gets hit by the tsunami. I come into my little office to see what's going on and the first thing I see is OPs header ?
SnF for you loam.: Elenin? Or something seems very wrong here. I think this carries more significance than Japan as far as the oddity of it all. Big news on HLN right now that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join