It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Felt it here..in southern VA...

Phones are in and out all over the place.

tweets being reported from NY, NJ, PA, VT, WV, VA, MD, OH, TN, NC, AL and Toronto! telling they felt the earthquake!

link   
Im in Southwest Virginia about 20 mins from the Tennessee border and buildings down here were shaking. My mom was in a parking lot about to leave and her car got shook up pretty bad. I can't believe this #...nothing like this has ever happened....we just had a tornado in my town just a couple months back and that never happened before either....WTF is going on?!?!?

link   
reply to post by atomicn

White people? Yeah, only white people live in the Northeast. Very intelligent of you. Thanks for bringing your race garbage to this thread!
edit on 23-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by atomicn

LMAO, guess you never lived near the D.C. area..

link   
Does anyone believe this has anything to do with the new mardid fault?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

the buildings in cali are built with earthquakes in mind. in areas where they are not a normal occurrence, the buildings are weaker and shake more violently at a lower magnitude. don't get all cali smug on these people who aren't used to feeling earthquakes, when i was in cali back in 2000 the news station was going on and on and on and on about "STORM WATCH 2000" and people were wrecking all over the highway like it was some major storm... being from Texas, i was like "dude. storm? it's freaking SPRINKLING outside. where's the tornados?!?" - every area has their typical "weather" or things that is norm for the area. when these things happen in areas where it is not normal, then yeah... it freaks people out. and it IS strange. just sayin.

edit on 23-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

Thats only the new ones i lived in a apartment built in the 1940's when i was a kid and under us was the parking garage the building was old. Cali smug lol i stated its nothing like japan nobody expect the Japanese can really be smug about quakes. Yes I'm aware its their first quake but cali gets them pretty normal and thats really kind of on the small side 6.8, 7, 8 now your screwed. 5's low 6 walk it off

link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
FOX news reported that the Washington monument is tilting.

Can anyone confirm?

Can't cofirm but that would be quite metaphorical.

Update at 2:40 p.m. ET: USA TODAY's Dan Vergano reports that the quake, described as medium-sized, could be felt as far north as Ottawa, Canada. In New York, the Holland Tunnel closed, forcing drivers to back out into Manhattan. In Washington, numerous public buildings were evacuated, including the Pentagon, the Capitol, the HOomeland Security Department, as well as all monuments and malls.

content.usatoday.com...

On the bright side of things perhaps we won't get that false flag nuke attack now (spoken like a true conspiricay theorist).
edit on 23-8-2011 by robyn because: add

link   
upstate new york here my 3rd floor walk up apartment swayed back and fourth four about a min.

link   
se north carolina here and we felt it. Actually my monitors were shaking and my heavy bag was swinging. Too stoned to feel the vibration though ........

link   
It was felt all the way here in Dayton, OH .. shook buildings and broke some windows.. in my short life of 33 years ( ok not that short ) this is the third or fourth quake I've felt..

HAARP or Elenin someone asked? seriously? .. I doubt that ..

VA has earthquakes, just not regularly .. they had two in 1997 and in 2001 they had a 3.2, there was a 4.0 in 1984 as well apparently ..

Either way it goes, the largest EQ recorded in VA's history was in 1897 with a magnitude 5.9 ..

All of that was culled from the USGS site
edit on 23-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tpg65

From what I've researched ULF waves and other Infrasounds cannot be heard but sometimes they can be felt. i.e. queasiness, headaches, anxiety, and nervousness.

link   
reply to post by atomicn

That's blatantly racist against white people. Why bother even posting something like that? Ignorant D-bag.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Obama is on vacation while this happens? HAARP DID IT!

You have to be kidding, right? You don't represent Ron Paul very well if you aren't. Learn a little something, first learn what HAARP stands for and what they are researching then stop believing everything you read on random conspiracy sites. HAARP does not cause earthquakes!

link   
I have to say it's kind of humorous to see peoples reactions to an earthquake in a region where they don't normally occur.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, experienced the North Ridge earthquake and all of the in-betweens. Seriously guys, it's not the end of the world - I laughed pretty damn hard when someone mentioned that it could be Elenin. There are faults everywhere in the U.S. and a decent sized earthquake is bound to happen at any given time. I remember when the massive Chile earthquake hit that I felt some tremors rock the house slightly, so yeah the distance of earthquakes can travel immensely and trigger movements in other fault lines. I mention this comment because I see that some people out in Ohio/New York are freaking out that they felt it being so far away.

It's all good in the hood people - I think the ATS community that are reporting they felt it are taking it more out of context than a non-ATS member would (You know what I mean lol).

I'll give a little tip on what my parents used to do to me when an earthquake struck. I was so terrified of earthquakes as a kid that they would shove a spoon full of sugar down my throat to calm me down.

edit on 23-8-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

link   
more earthquakes to come as Comet Elenin approaches the earth?
Wouldnt the comet cause a galatic pull? causing the earth to react to it, which would create earthquakes and other activities to form?
www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Quake felt in Northeast Georgia
UPDATED: August 23, 2011 2:08 p.m. A 5.9 magnitude earthquake centered in Virginia was felt in Gainesville just before 2 p.m. Tuesday. Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said the shock was felt at the fire station off Crescent Drive. Kimbrell said there have not been any reports of damage. The quake was centered northwest of Richmond, Va., shook much of Washington, D.C., and was felt as far north as Rhode Island, New York City and Martha's Vineyard, Mass., where President Barack Obama is vacationing.
www.gainesvilletimes.com...

link   

Originally posted by megabytz

Originally posted by e11888
Obama is on vacation while this happens? HAARP DID IT!

You have to be kidding, right? You don't represent Ron Paul very well if you aren't. Learn a little something, first learn what HAARP stands for and what they are researching then stop believing everything you read on random conspiracy sites. HAARP does not cause earthquakes!

It was a joke. Lighten up.

link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by pulsescan72
I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND I NEVER HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

THE EPICENTER WAS IN MINERAL VA OUTSIDE OF LOUISA. IM NOT FAR FROM THERE AND SOMETHING DOES NOT SIT RIGHT WITH ME ABOUT THIS!

THIS HAS TO BE THE WORK OF HAARP OR ELENIN OR BOTH

Or, maybe it's the fact that there are known faults in the area and it has historically been an active seismic zone?

I really hope you are kidding, it is known that there ARE NO FAULTS around here..see? I even picked out the map that looks like a kindergartner drew it up.

I thought this site was supposed to deny ignorance?

link   
I was in Cali when the big one hit when I was younger.... if it was even possible for me to feel it in southern Ohio, I wouldn't have noticed

link   

Originally posted by Majest1c
more earthquakes to come as Comet Elenin approaches the earth?
Wouldnt the comet cause a galatic pull? causing the earth to react to it, which would create earthquakes and other activities to form?
www.ufo-blogger.com...

Oh for crying out loud, Elenin is not causing this... Read my post above mine - fits well.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join