It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Charleston,WV checking in. That was weird to say the least. You poor California folk having to put up with that all the time

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My aunt works at NASA in Virginia, Hampton area said the buildings aren't built well and they all felt it there.

link   
The crazy thing about this is that I woke up with a nasty headache and have been feeling quesy and muddledminded the whole day. After speaking with several coworkers many of them woke up the same way, next thing we know the EQ happens and makes us feel more quesy. No joke 5 or six people felt the same symptoms. I wonder if it's connected. I know animals are able to sense an EQ minutes or hours beforehand I wonder if it is same with individuals.

link   
3rd floor in Midtown NYC...shook our building...immediately evac'd...back up now, but not sure if we're staying...

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by astrumpopulus

I had a horrible headache starting at about 1:15. ATL, GA.

I had a roll of nausea and back pain that lasted a split second at the same time, thought is was weird.

link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

same here in Delaware...never felt an earthquake ??? guess we really shouldnt be surprised with the direction things are going.....
Be safe all...

link   
In Bridgeport wv; felt it noticeably.... Work in hospital
No one knew what this was; we r not used to these in wv.....
:-)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ha i was about to post this, i was out on a job then boom, we all shook.

I work in the Shenandoah valley area of Virgina, we all felt it.

link   
We felt it pretty good here in central North Carolina. It shook for about 30-45 seconds.

link   
Pics or it didn't happen! LOL

link   
ahahahaha you people are funny I'm from Cali and have personally slept through stronger quakes. OMG a 5.9 we are all going to die lol. Think japan now scale it back ok how do you feel about your little quake now.

link   
they just said they are worried the Washington monument is tilting. Made me laugh, maybe I'm twisted. But if a earthquake in Virginia would cause it to fall...they should rip it down now >.<

link   
so it might be early still, but anyone else find it interesting there are no aftershocks listed on USGS, even 1.x or 2.x yet? Isn't there usually some fairly quickly after a larger one like this? Been about 45 minutes...

link   
Baltimore - we evacuated building...100 year old building and we're on the 4th floor, it was sway city!

link   
Thx for reporting.

I am near the Ottawa region in Canada and people have felt it all the way up here also. There has been an increased amount of seismic activity in our region as well for the past several years. We had a 5.0 about a year ago which shook things around for about 20 seconds with aftershocks soon after.

I wonder if this increased activity is something to worry about : (

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
5.9? I wont even get out of bed for anything less than a six here in southern ca.

link   
I'm definitely blaming Obama for this one..........

link   
Roanoke VA here.

First time I have ever felt a quake. I guess this might explain why my animals have been acting wierd

link   
i don't believe it as i felt nothing in burlington ma

but reports coming in from all over boston and metro regions

that a few seconds of shaking was felt, reported on boston.com as well....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Good lord, guys.
Go outside and find a shade tree, and have a cocktail until your nerves settle.

It would scare the stuffing outta me, too.

I was shaking like a leaf.

Holy cow. I honestly thought something more local was happening-- like sink hole. Thought the whole damned house was coming down.

I'm gonna go get that drink, I think.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join