It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.9 Magnitude Quake Rocks Washington D.C. Region

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was in a Kroger store in Lynchburg, VA! Scared everyone in there to death! Now my cell phone is not working right. As I drove home people all over the city were out in the street, we have never felt something like that before. I am also seeing from my Facbook friends that there was one in CA and in Australia??!! WTH is happening people?!

link   
reply to post by loam

Felt it!

Fun ride too.

It was pretty stable. not much to say beyond that. Like a boat ride.

link   
THAT was the craziest natural phenomenon i have ever experienced!!!

I live in reston, VA and my apartment building shook like crazy, pictures fell over on a shelf in our apt, walls creaked, everything.

If anyone else in northern virginia is on ATS, please share!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm in Long Island, NY... lived here 28 years.... felt my first eathquake here :O

link   
I've never been in an Earthquake before. When I realized what was happening I ran for the back door but it knocked me down. It was crazy the whole wall in front of me was moving stuff was falling off my shelves, not everything just a few things. My head felt weird like cloudy almost almost like I went from sober to drunk in a half a second, wow.
edit on 23-8-2011 by bigern because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I think it must have bypassed Connecticut to get to you !!

link   
Oh oh, concerns that the Washington Monument is tilting. Fox News

link   
HOLY # ABULANCES RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE STREETS HERE IN DELAWARE!!

NPR said there will be small aftershocks... what about that being a precursor.

I don't know if I will go to work. Prep your bug out bags ppl # JUST HIT THE FAN!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

and now for the bad joke: oh so that's why potus is on vacation? (he might not be I don't really follow politics but I remember it being mentioned somewhere recently) yeah I know not funny but I'm guessing harp will be brought up and then conspiracies and all that jazz so that joke was in my head and it made me smirk for a second.
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

And I'll make your joke "badder": POTUS is on vacation so often, something bad is more likely to happen while he's vacationing or golfing than working...it's simple statistics.

edit on 23-8-2011 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

link   
wow my first quake! Long Island NY. shook my whole house! ran into my tub.

link   

Originally posted by dantanna
is this niburu??? damn, all those threads about the sumerians, mayans, etc. and now an earthquake that hits from georgia to albany new york???

if there is an earthquake in LA, do the people in san fran or san diego feel it too? are they that big?

no, to tell you the truth, quakes happen all the time here in cali and i dont even fell them anymore

link   

Originally posted by ignant
they're saying the epicenter was in northern VA but how wide is that, i mean not always does a quake have such a vast, wide spanse. why???

especially through mountainous regions to be felt in KY and MA...i was wondering the same thing

Is it possible the 5.9 may have triggered simultaneous smaller EQ's being felt elsewhere?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
From Twitter:

msnbc msnbc.com RT @NBCNews: @tomcostellonbc:The North Anna nuclear power plant in Lake Anna, VA automatically shut down both of its reactors. #earthquake

link   
Reports from Meteomedia (French Canadian weather network):

www.meteomedia.com...&stormfile=tremblement_de_terre_de_magn_230811

Le United States Geological Survey a provisoirement évalué la magnitude du séisme à 5,9, et localisé son épicentre en Virginie.
Le tremblement de terre a été ressenti à New York et à Washington D.C., où le Pentagone a été évacué.
Plusieurs personnes ont également signalé l’avoir ressenti à Montréal, en Montérégie et dans Lanaudière.

link   
reply to post by loam

Will read thread posts. Just sending you prayers and best from Southern California!

Looks like you all are pros at this! Bravo brave ones!

link   
Felt it in Colonial Beach, VA (22443). Minor wall swaying, general excitedness feeling, widespread general confusion and many people in the area are still lightheaded. No damage in our area! I am an EMT and SkyWarn storm spotter. Largest earthquake anyone has experienced in the area!

link   
I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AND I NEVER HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS.

THE EPICENTER WAS IN MINERAL VA OUTSIDE OF LOUISA. IM NOT FAR FROM THERE AND SOMETHING DOES NOT SIT RIGHT WITH ME ABOUT THIS!

THIS HAS TO BE THE WORK OF HAARP OR ELENIN OR BOTH

link   
reply to post by piotrburz

and who exactly was that in your opinion?

I guess your signature is right "IGNORANCE IS [your] STRENGTH"

link   
I felt it in Mechanicsburg PA, 17050.

My house was shaking for 30-40 seconds.

3-mile island has "tripped".

Smallest event warning.

Everythings ok....for now,

link   
We felt it here in Rochester Michigan, slightly. But all this precursor talk...well we probably won't have another one for another hundred years.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join