It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering 9/11 - George W. Bush : The Interview (Airs Sunday, August 28)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
heres the funny part had al gore won in 2000 9-11 still would have happened but noone would be blaming the government and gwb.

why cause gores a lefty and bush is a righty.

conspiracy theories depend on what party is in power and the masses dismiss anything negative about the left and its the gods truth when it comes to the right.

I don't think that is necessarily true, at least not in the case of 9/11. Something of that magnitude would be the defining event for any President, regardless of party. Eventually, when questions go unanswered as they have in the aftermath of 9/11, people are going to be pointing fingers and looking for someone to hold responsible.

That tragic day not only changed our country, but I think it changed each one of us as citizens too. In the frightening days after 9/11, which were made even worse by the anthrax attacks (nobody seems to remember those,) everyone was unsure of what would happen next so they sought comfort and guidance from their traditional leaders in the party of their choice. Forgive an unscientific observation, but it seems to me that most OSers are Republicans, while most Truthers are Democrats, Libertarians, Green, etc.

I don't fit into any of the above. I'm a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, and shrouded in mystery. From the first time I cast a ballot at 18 I was a staunch Republican, and with the exception of Ross Perot's Presidential bid I have voted a straight Republican ticket (with a few exceptions for select Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians) every time. I even voted for George W. Bush; twice - not because I was a right wing ideologue, but because I honestly felt that strict conservative values (as advertised) were what was best for the country, my family, and me. Boy was I an idiot.

By 2003, my eyes were still not open. I believed 100% that OBL's boys had committed 9/11, that Saddam Hussein had WMD's, and that he was intent on using them against us or our allies at some point in the near future. I fell for the lies of the Bush Administration because I couldn't conceive of the possibility that there are men in my government who are pure evil; men who would bring the full force of the mightiest war machine the world has ever seen to bear against a country that had literally done nothing to us, in effect - and ultimately - murdering nearly a million innocent people.

Another reason I fell for the lies of the Bush and Cheney was because of the support they received for their assertion that Iraq was a threat from not only "enemies" like Hussein himself who kept up his threats and bluster to the very end, and who refused to let UN weapons inspectors verify that his WMDs had been destroyed, but from men who I trusted implicitly like Bush's SecState Colin Powell. After covering the first Gulf War for CBS Radio, I felt that I had come to know General Powell. While everyone else was drooling over Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf, many of the stories I aired were about Powell instead. I believed then (and I still do) that Colin Powell was a man of honor who would always do the right thing - I had so much respect for the general that I named my son after him - so when he testified before the UN about the "evidence" the US had about Iraqi WMDs, even holding up a vial of fake anthrax as a prop, I believed every single word.

General Powell believed it too. In his own mind, he was being honest when he told the UN that Iraq was a threat to the entire world. Powell was unaware of the duplicity of his Commander-in-Chief, unaware of that he was being lied to by his boss and by the intelligence community, and unaware that he was being used for his reputation as an honest and honorable man to promote the case for war against Iraq. When he realized how he had been duped he gave an interview to Barbara Walters on ABC, recounted in a story by the NY Times, calling his testimony before the UN "a lasting blot on his record." It takes a man of character to admit making such a terrible mistake, even though it wasn't his fault. I had to laugh when Powell called the neocons he was forced to work for "*ucking crazies." I think he was right. I think they are insane; insane enough to murder an additional 3,000 people in order to bring about their agenda of American hegemony for the next century.

Further, when he refused to be Bush's SecState for second term, my admiration of General Powell was affirmed. Like any good soldier, Powell respected his chain of command and bit his tongue when I know he wanted to criticize the war and the lies that brought it about with every fiber of his being; BUT, at the expense of his career in politics he refused to be a part of any more of the lies, and this move proved that he was indeed a man of honor.

But when it comes to 9/11, I part ways with the man I have looked up to these last 20 years. I don't understand why he supports the OS when there are still so many unanswered questions. I don't know if I would label myself a "Truther," but I do know that Bush and Cheney lied about the reasons for starting the Iraq War, so I don't put it past them to have lied about what really happened on 9/11. The OS has so many holes in it one could drive a truck through them. I don't know what's true and what's not, but I'll know it when I see it. So far, I've seen very little come from the government regarding 9/11.

edit on 8/24/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

edit on 8/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I find it very hard, and ludicrous, thats thiers people to this day, who think it was bin laden alone. personally i think bush is part to blame for the decision for the towers to come down. it all seems, especially now, or corporate governemnt wants to kill off the middle class, NWO style 3rd world country USA. its bankrupt* government dosnt wanna do jack squat for anyone but themselves, and you all know it..besides raising taxes and thier salarys. why would they wanna 'thoroughly' investigate 9/11? they dont want too..cause they know its a big sham of a lie theyve made. anyoen to belive otherwise, is niave.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
CIA has run coc aine in from mexico and columbia, and recently seeling and bringing in guns and machine gunsin last months or early this months news. carbon tax is a scam cause they know people are stupid enough to belive it. oh god! arbon is the worst next to radiation...prepare yourselves by investing and buying it up* how stupid and niave. its always US, the taxperys who suffer, and their making it more and more noticable these days. my point is if our governemnt does in fact, lie that bad and in our face, what makes one think bush wasnt a part of it, let aone denying those sick workers $500 million supposedly set aside for their medical costs, which they were flat out denied, or they are going to do anything more than print articles now oon 9/11 wihtout investigating..thier not going too.
the biggest trick in the world, was the devil convincing everyone he didnt exist..and then *ppof* he disappeared liek a puff a smoke. thas our government

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i wish, n think..someone should have the technology somehwere, to do something like in running man* tap into the satellites, without being detected..and photoshop somehow bush admitting he is a mass murderer, if not THE mastermind behind 9/11
see if he has a heart attack at home watching it or not. that would be the funniest thing to date!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I find it very hard, and ludicrous, thats thiers people to this day, who think it was bin laden alone. personally i think bush is part to blame for the decision for the towers to come down. it all seems, especially now, or corporate governemnt wants to kill off the middle class, NWO style 3rd world country USA. its bankrupt* government dosnt wanna do jack squat for anyone but themselves, and you all know it..besides raising taxes and thier salarys. why would they wanna 'thoroughly' investigate 9/11? they dont want too..cause they know its a big sham of a lie theyve made. anyoen to belive otherwise, is niave.

"Bin Laden alone"? Where did you hear that? That's an entirely new variation on the story that I've not heard. When did he arrive here to do the deed, and how did he get back out, according to that version?

To believe that 19 arabs couldn't have done it is what's naieve. It betrays a lack of experience of arabs, and demonstrates an unfounded belief that they are some how less sophisticated and less intelligent than westerners, which is demonstrably untrue.

Arabs can blow crap up like nobody's business, and do so in incredibly inventive ways.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think I'd much rather watch a program focusing on the survivors of the attack. People who were actually there. Why waste precious time listening to Bush wax as poetically as his little conniving mind can about something that honestly... didn't affect him directly. I couldn't give a crap what he has to say on the matter. He'll insert and emotional adjective here and there, and that's about it. He will most likely not address a single important issue or resolve any unanswered questions.

The first responders? How are they feeling remembering 9/11? What kind of health problems are they dealing with? What did Bush do to assist those first responders and the survivors? What does Bush have to say about the post 9/11 EPA statement?

Especially since survivors of this trauma are omitted from the official "ceremony"... the least National Geographic can do is focus on them instead of this out of touch (insert expletive).
edit on 8/24/2011 by HolographicPrincipal because: corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I can't wait to see the entire interview being dissected here and on other forums.Bush is just gonna pull out the same talking points he used as president when it comes to 9/11 and I am sure that NatGeo and the rest of the FCM (Fawning Corporate Media.) will sing it's praises and come out with equally ass-kissing pieces about the "courage." and "leadership." of W.

PS:What about a documentary on the 1st responders and their health? or one on the 9/11 Commission ten years later now that we have many of the staffers and commissioners themselves talking about how Kean and Hamilton let Zelikow pretty much run the entire investigation.
edit on 053131p://3926 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Glad you came around and stopped being a sock puppet for the ministry of misinformation (not your fault to begin with). I wish more like you in MSM would have the courage. Now that there are more alt media and many folks are turning away from MSM there is definitely space for some real journalism.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by OldCorp

Glad you came around and stopped being a sock puppet for the ministry of misinformation (not your fault to begin with). I wish more like you in MSM would have the courage. Now that there are more alt media and many folks are turning away from MSM there is definitely space for some real journalism.

You might like to read this blog entry of mine that I wrote after I did wake up, in which I detail who benefited from the war (follow the money,) and then go into a couple of other related topics.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

You might like to read this blog entry of mine that I wrote after I did wake up, in which I detail who benefited from the war (follow the money,) and then go into a couple of other related topics.

Enjoy.

I can't believe you admitted how stupid you are in that post. You also stated in that blog post "The United States WILL attack Iran in the near future." So, I guess you credibility is in the toilet for that too, eh?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

WAR IS A RACKET

I wish they'd bring up the truth about this family of generations of war profiteers and how long they've been involved with the wars and the weapons industry. As well as their deep connections with their Skull and Bones network of Buddies.

9/11 was simply another way of initiating another series of wars in which to profit from.
Nothing new for the Bush family....

Samuel P. Bush - WWI Directed the Purchase of all weapons/arms used by the US Army.

Prescott Bush - WWII A Fascist supporter, Caught selling octane boosters necessary for aviation fuel to the Nazis.

George H Bush - CIA HEAD involved with Iran Contra Guns/Drugs and now heads the Carlisle group who invest specifically in Defense Companies.

GW Bush is elected POTUS based upon a decision made in FL, a state coincidentally governed by his very own Brother Jeb Bush.

Gore's Brother wasn't Governor of Florida and hence why he wasn't elected ! Awwww too bad Al !

Also that same year in Sept. of 2000, exactly a year prior to 9/11 PNAC or The Project for the New American Century had published a document stating that a Pearl Harbor like event was necessary for the rearming of the United States....more money to make off the weapons industry !!!
KACHING !

9/11 happens...and we're still at war in Afghanistan and Iraq....costing Millions per day....that we cannot afford.

More weapons industry business for the Bush Family ....and continued gravy for Cheney and his company Halliburton who move all of the war machinery equipment arms....everything for the US Govt now...

I wish they'd discuss this conflict of interest....paid for by the US Taxpayer and now we are Bankrupt as a Nation and the BUSH and Cheney families are ALL Filthy Rich whereas many Americans are becoming poorer by the day, many Unemployed and on the brink of becoming homeless l!

I wish they'd talk about how the Bush family have profited on these wars as they have throughout history ~!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

WAR IS A RACKET

I wish they'd talk about how the Bush family have profited on these wars as they have throughout history ~!

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't forget Durwood Bush, who provided gunpowder to the British Red Coats at Bunker Hill

and Phillipe Bousch, who sharpened the blades of the guillotines in late 18th century France.

and Gorgi Bushski, who helped organize the Gulag prison system later to be populated by Stalin's purges.

You people crack me up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451

Originally posted by OldCorp

Enjoy.

I can't believe you admitted how stupid you are in that post. You also stated in that blog post "The United States WILL attack Iran in the near future." So, I guess you credibility is in the toilet for that too, eh?

Some decidedly unstupid guy once said, 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome." I may have fallen for their lies once but never again; and admitting I was wrong is part of being a man - something you young kids seem to have lost sight of. As far as my prediction that the US will attack Iran, well let's just wait and see on that before you go getting all uppity. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what new angle would he offer? Its not like he can say too much to incriminate him self anymore than he already is. Maybe he'll slip something.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

He's pretty much gonna stick to his old talking points from when he was president.W.s handlers and Natgeo are trying to portray this figurehead as a hero.Don't expect to much from this interview.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I remember that speech he gave at a college about making a joke about a bad pilot after witnessing the first plane hit. Of course that being impossible because that wasnt live.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I DVR'd the show, and I'm going to watch it tonight. I guess it wasn't anything too interesting so as of right now I'm not even sure it's worth watching.

My prediction is that he follows the OS to the word, and attempts to ignore or overlook the things he did/said that don't fall into line with the OS.

I know. I know. Not much of a prediction, is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join