It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS OFFICIAL, tripoli stronghold falls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
its official, gaddafis compound in the middle of tripoli has fallen. listening to richard angles report as i type this. rebels looting and rampaging the compound, gaddafi no where to be found inside

nation.com.pk...

hotair.com...

www.dailykos.com...:-Qaddafis-Tripoli-Compound-Falls!?via=recent

edit on 23-8-2011 by primoaurelius because: typo

edit on 23-8-2011 by primoaurelius because: added link

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
its so beautiful to see a successful revolution, it is proof that the people still hold the true power, we are the ones who ulitmantly decide our fates

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
“I am afraid if we don’t act, they will burn Tripoli,” he said. “There will be no more water, food, electricity or freedom.”

Absolutely true. Libya was on it's way to being completely independent from international corporations/banks/military/government. I truly hope that the people of Libya come out on top, but it's looking more an more like a international fiefdom in the making.

humanrightsinvestigations.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

it is indeed no secret that the US has sparked, funded, and fuled many a revolution, to get the government of those countrys to be become compliant with US policies or sabatoge rivals. i certainly hope that isnt what is happening here with lybia, only time will tell, but we can be certain we wont be told everything for a few years, when all this stuff becomes politically/geographically irrelivant and they start to make more documents/info on their operations there public.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Watching CNN...they seem quite pleased with themselves..very long stream of people wandering around.

So, Where is Gadhafi then...currently running to Syria would be my guess

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
One thing that strikes me.
Beyond the reporters, you see no females wandering around with the crowds..haven't seen a single one yet.

So much for equality...no change, install a new dictator and get back to the same old.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
saw some guy running around with a golden assault rifle, or at least gold plated, i would think an all golden assault rifle would just fall apart. ill try to find a photo.

im curious to see how all these weapons they are looting from the compound, and recieving from NATO, are going to be taken back. how is this transitional government going to disarm the people. lybia could turn into a pretty dangerous place soon if every other home has an assult rifle and some grenades or RPGs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
One thing that strikes me.
Beyond the reporters, you see no females wandering around with the crowds..haven't seen a single one yet.

So much for equality...no change, install a new dictator and get back to the same old.

i think i saw one woman, or a man with long poofy hair, in the initial video i saw on nbc.
she was running really fast, with hordes of people, into the compound to begin the looting.

im pretty sure if they end up finding gaddafi, he will never make it to any court room. they will probably beat him to death right there

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Freedom at the hands of fascists.

Libya wanted nothing to do with the IMF or anything like that. Next thing you know there is a "resistance" and attempts to overthrow the government. How convenient. If the "rebels" (who have ties to AQ if you believe that) really did succeed in a take over, look for a new US friendly puppet to be in control soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

There is a gold plated AK-47 in the movie Lord of War (great movie). It does in fact fire (albeit blanks). However, it may not be actual gold....

new topics

top topics

join